Jackets at World Championships

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Anyone see Mantha's goal against Germany today? The one that made it 5-1? Go to the 55 second mark to see it. Why do I bring this up? First of all, its an absolute beauty! Secondly, Mantha was the guy I wanted in that 2013 draft. The one where we drafted Wenny at 16, Rychel at 19, and then saw the Wings take Mantha at 20. Man we got snowed in the draft! 6'4", 200 Lbs and has scored 49 Gs and 96 Pts over the last two seasons. SMH!

Yeah I was drooling over him at pick 19. I didn't know much about Mantha other than the fact that he was a natural goal scorer who just potted 50 goals in the Q, but I also figured out that the questions about his character were total BS. His physical tools were always far better than a guy like Rychel, but he dropped because folks mistakenly thought Mantha wasn't going to be as hard working or coachable. I read some people defending Mantha, saying that he was being misjudged, and it made a lot of sense.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I'd do it straight up, but what would people want added to Mantha for a trade for Werenski?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I'd do it straight up, but what would people want added to Mantha for a trade for Werenski?

That's just not a base that works.

Mantha is a big goal scorer, a charmin-soft Anderson.

I wish we drafted him back in the day but he's also not something the Jackets are in dire need of. If we trade Werenski it would be for something we need a lot more than that.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Wenny and Tex fail to get on the board today but HUGE shout-out for Great Britain on their comeback win vs France. Down 3-0 they stormed back for a 4-3 win. I acknowledge France is not a great team but GB has been punching above their weight all tournament after making the jump up in divisions from last year.

They hung tough vs USA earlier in the tourney and this win shows they have heart. Good on them. Looks like they might even avoid relegation and get to stay in the top division for a second year. Their fans and the crowd in general have been pretty loud too encouraging them.

Last edited:
Reactions: majormajor

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Wenny and Tex fail to get on the board today but HUGE shout-out for Great Britain on their comeback win vs France. Down 3-0 they stormed back for a 4-3 win. I acknowledge France is not a great team but GB has been punching above their weight all tournament after making the jump up in divisions from last year.

They hung tough vs USA earlier in the tourney and this win shows they have heart. Good on them. Looks like they might even avoid relegation and get to stay in the top division for a second year. Their fans and the crowd in general have been pretty loud too encouraging them.

Embracing mediocrity doesn't do ANY good for the GBR team or its fans.

:squint: :silly: :clittle: :dainty:

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005

They avoided relegation. France is going down instead so not good for Texier.

Last edited:

GX

Dec 28, 2011
Merzlikins finishes WC with a .914 SVS and 2.78 GAA. Clearly not the best tournament for him (hadn't played for 1.5 months after all). No God-mode that we saw from him in 2017 and 2018. Overall, he did ok and did manage to almost single handedly carry the Latvian team for some part of the games vs Czechs and Russia.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
What happened with the Wennberg updates?

Honestly not following in any way, just curious.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
3 goals and 5 assists in 5 games.

I haven't been paying attention though , did he get bumped off the roster? Why has he only played 5 games when others have played 7? He's literally the only player in the top 30 with just 5 games played everyone else has 7.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
3 goals and 5 assists in 5 games.

I haven't been paying attention though , did he get bumped off the roster? Why has he only played 5 games when others have played 7? He's literally the only player in the top 30 with just 5 games played everyone else has 7.

The tournament started while we were still in the playoffs.

ETA: Don’t think it technically started while we were in the playoffs but there was a bit of time for him to do exit interviews/recover/travel over there. He didn’t play in the first two games.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

cbjfan

Jul 4, 2002
Visit site
NHL Network is showing Canada - Switzerland this morning at 10am. Has anyone found where the US - Russia game will be aired?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad