Player Discussion Jack Studnicka

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
They mismanaged his growth last year with the one mistake punishment rule they live by. They really needed to nurture and immerse him playing 'C' on the 3rd line. The only way to learn is by fire but leave it for 15 games, not one or two. He has the talent and drive, really wish we kept Jay Leach.
I agree, I like Cassidy but he doesn’t know how to deal with these young guys
One and done and Kuleman is in your spot

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Nothing last year showed he was ready for the NHL never mind second line center, and when he did play it was mostly wing. One of a Coyle, Haula, Foligno will be the second line center unless he has a dominate camp.
Agreed although I hope Sweeney can make a trade for a center . I hope Studnicka can make the team and find a spot somewhere in the bottom 6 .

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Am i the only one here who thinks its a massive stretch to say a guy who didnt look like an nhler last year both physically and skillfully was an offseason away from being a productive top 6 center iceman

It makes me feel like I'm taking crazy pills seeing people float him as the #2C solution. He hasn't even shown he can handle playing in the NHL.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Am i the only one here who thinks its a massive stretch to say a guy who didnt look like an nhler last year both physically and skillfully was an offseason away from being a productive top 6 center iceman

I thought he showed promise with his stickwork to create turnovers last season... and little else. That describes the expectations of a bottom six center. He needs more development to fairly be expected to be a top six offense-driving center.

Reactions: Mick Riddleton

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
If Arizona offered Dvorak or Schmaltz for Debrusk and Studnicka would you take it?

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
i hope i’m wrong but i don’t think there’s any chance he gets significant top 6 minutes after these signings.

it’s going to be a healthy dose of coyle and foligno

CaperJay

Sep 27, 2016
If Arizona offered Dvorak or Schmaltz for Debrusk and Studnicka would you take it?
I'd strongly consider it but if not give Studnicka a shot between Hall and Pasta. You got all training camp to try it and if it looks good give it a go and see what happens

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
as gutted as I am about Krejci, the idea of Hall-Studnicka-Smith excites me until I realize Cassidy will probably f*** it up somehow.
Yeah, I don’t think he will give him a long look.
Your not. I too think it’s going to be our only solution though. Hope his 10lbs help.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
as gutted as I am about Krejci, the idea of Hall-Studnicka-Smith excites me until I realize Cassidy will probably f*** it up somehow.

It's a huge opportunity for Jack. I hope he takes his off-season preparation to even higher levels after hearing that DK isn't coming back. The kid has the skills... Just needed to bulk up and believe in himself. Would be amazing for him to make his mark and establish himself as a top 2 NHL C this year.

With Hall as his winger that would really assist him IMO. Good way to break into the NHL.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
he DID look like an NHLer skillwise though.

physically he has apparently been improving according to reports.

time will tell if he can put it together but if they do give him a shot with Hall and Smith you couldn't ask for a better position to be successful.

but yes it's not an ideal approach

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad