Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I could get used to seeing this

20210223_175524.jpg

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
or the B`s will go full youth movement, caution to the wind, let DK go in off season, Beecher slides into the 3C role, Coyle in 2 C.....highly doubt it, really just posting this to read the reactions:)

Ha. I'll bite.

The Bruins are f***ed if Coyle is ever the 2C. I hope there's a generational player in the drafts during that time.

Reactions: Lo97 and Tbaybruin

tonino2424

Sep 28, 2005
He looks much better at center. You can see him generating more offense from there. He is just been a little unlucky when it comes to scoring goals. It will come in time.

Last edited:
Reactions: trenton1

Root

Feb 22, 2010
Studnicka’s development at center is a big underlying story this season. The Bruins haven’t developed a top-6 center since Krejci, I don’t count Seguin because he was a winger his entire time in Boston.

He’s been very good, creating a lot of chances. He factored in on Frederic’s goal and had many of his own chances. This kid becoming a legit top-6 player would be huge for the Bruins future.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Studnicka’s development at center is a big underlying story this season. The Bruins haven’t developed a top-6 center since Krejci, I don’t count Seguin because he was a winger his entire time in Boston.

He’s been very good, creating a lot of chances. He factored in on Frederic’s goal and had many of his own chances. This kid becoming a legit top-6 player would be huge for the Bruins future.

2022-2023 Top 3 Centers

Barkov
Studnicka
Bergeron

:thumbu:

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I think what’s going even more unnoticed and probably been the strength of his game is his work in the defensive zone as a center. Constantly in great position and not only making great passes out of the zone, but getting open for passes from defensemen to start the transition game.

Reactions: kjpm

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
I think what’s going even more unnoticed and probably been the strength of his game is his work in the defensive zone as a center. Constantly in great position and not only making great passes out of the zone, but getting open for passes from defensemen to start the transition game.

He has an elite defensive game. Bergy-lite out there.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Last 3 games at 5v5 for Boston, Studnicka ranks the follow among B's

iXG: 1st
iSCF: T-1st
iHDCF: 2nd

He's playing like a kid that doesn't want to go back to the AHL. I hope to see him sick a center even when Krejci returns. Not sure if that means Kuraltly or Coyle side over.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Last 3 games at 5v5 for Boston, Studnicka ranks the follow among B's

iXG: 1st
iSCF: T-1st
iHDCF: 2nd

He's playing like a kid that doesn't want to go back to the AHL. I hope to see him sick a center even when Krejci returns. Not sure if that means Kuraltly or Coyle side over.

Kuraly is better on LW. Coyle hasn't looked good at wing when it's been tried. Or better, just bench Kuraly because he is playing like crap. But Cassidy seems to value Kuraly more highly than most of us here, I'd prefer to see him go to the left with Stud at center.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Kuraly is better on LW. Coyle hasn't looked good at wing when it's been tried. Or better, just bench Kuraly because he is playing like crap. But Cassidy seems to value Kuraly more highly than most of us here, I'd prefer to see him go to the left with Stud at center.

I mean Kuraly has been solid on the PK and in the dot this year, so I kinda of get why he may get a longer leash from Bruce. Coyle and Krejci have good numbers together and with Ritchie they could do well cycling. Idk I know everyone says Coyle is a better C (and he maybe),but hes also not trash on the wing.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I mean Kuraly has been solid on the PK and in the dot this year, so I kinda of get why he may get a longer leash from Bruce. Coyle and Krejci have good numbers together and with Ritchie they could do well cycling. Idk I know everyone says Coyle is a better C (and he maybe),but hes also not trash on the wing.

Coyle's not Jimmy Hayes out there at wing, for sure. But I like the way he looks at center with Craig Smith and maybe Frederic on the left long term. Makes for a dangerous line. Kuraly has been decent on the dot this season, true, but he just isn't doing what he used to as a center. Maybe on the wing where he can use his speed and big body to get in on the forecheck and create trouble would leave Studnicka to do more with the puck. When Kuraly gets the puck in the o-zone the play dies almost every time.

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
Marchand — Bergeron — Smith
DeBrusk — Studnicka — Pastrnak
Ritchie — Krejci — Coyle
Kuraly — Frederic — Wagner/Bjork

The third line could be a problem for teams.
LOL, This is ridiculous. Do you watch hockey ?. So lets examine, You want to break up the best line in hockey........Then you want to demote Krejci...to a third line, (have you watched the last six games).....You want to put Krejci on line three...while moving Coyle to wing...rotflmao......Coyle who is the perfect third line center.....All the while putting DeBrusk in a top six role because ???He has certainly shown he deserves second line minutes............Not to mention putting the best goal scorer in the league with a rookie....And all of this because of Jack Studnincka ?........LOL, what about the rest of the team ?........I do agree on one thing you said. That third line would be a problem for teams.....Mainly our team......I suggest you go back to the drawing board and use other crayons.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad