Prospect Info: Jack Hughes II

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I was born on the same day of the same year as Jaromir Jagr (February 15, 1972). He may have gotten a touch more hockey-playing ability, but I have even better hair.
I just assumed that you were a lot younger by your enthusiasm :)

I am only a couple of years older of the Selanne, Modano, Roenick, Brind'Amour, Lidstrom and Guerin birth year. Was a great year for USA hockey Amonte is a 70 too

I am lucky enough to share a birthday with Yohann Auvitu and Craig Wolanin...Parise is the day after.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

I am only a couple of years older of the Selanne, Modano, Roenick, Brind'Amour, Lidstrom and Guerin birth year. Was a great year for USA hockey Amonte is a 70 too

I am lucky enough to share a birthday with Yohann Auvitu and Craig Wolanin...Parise is the day after.

I’m so old that the skate blades were made from stone and the team emblems had to be carved in cartouches when I was a kid.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tretyak 20

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
And notable poster BenedictGomez.

41D6CAF7-16F9-408A-B5E9-A617B74BF97E.gif

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Funny but when I'm watching games like this, (or the U-18's, or the WJC in Dec), and my gf, who wants to watch something besides hockey, asks if these are the playoffs, and I say "no, these are the world championships". It raises all sorts of questions, of which the answers are all sorts of convoluted. At those times, I can't help but feel that I am indeed watching too much hockey.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Funny but when I'm watching games like this, (or the U-18's, or the WJC in Dec), and my gf, who wants to watch something besides hockey, asks if these are the playoffs, and I say "no, these are the world championships". It raises all sorts of questions, of which the answers are all sorts of convoluted. At those times, I can't help but feel that I am indeed watching too much hockey.

I typically stop watching hockey once the Devils are out. I will watch a few playoff games casually almost as noise.

I don't put much stock into this tournament.

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
My girlfriend feigns interest when I talk about hockey and won’t go to a game with me because it’s too cold for her. We did see Ovechkin lift the Cup together as it happened, she was mainly interested in how old he looks even though he’s not much older than us.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I typically stop watching hockey once the Devils are out. I will watch a few playoff games casually almost as noise.

I don't put much stock into this tournament.
Same, though this year is the most closely I've watched non Devils playoff hockey. Even then it is often half watching, but I've def been more tuned in this season.

The World's I never watch, but given Hughes will be there, I will this year.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
But but but its very important for younglings because...

View attachment 224577

I would say that the tourney will get lots of attention when USA plays Finland, especially among Rangers fans and Finns. My prediction is that Jack Hughes gets a goal and two assists and Kappo Kakko gets no points, and then all the haters spend 40,000 hours on HF Boards claiming that Kakko should go first overall because of that bad turnover Jack Hughes made at 14:06 of the first period which almost led to a Finland goal.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I would say that the tourney will get lots of attention when USA plays Finland, especially among Rangers fans and Finns. My prediction is that Jack Hughes gets a goal and two assists and Kappo Kakko gets no points, and then all the haters spend 40,000 hours on HF Boards claiming that Kakko should go first overall because of that bad turnover Jack Hughes made at 14:06 of the first period which almost led to a Finland goal.
I'd love for that to happen, but I suspect Kakko gets 1st line duties and Hughes will get limited ice time.

Reactions: StevenToddIves

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013

Well he only made it because of his wide turns

Reactions: StevenToddIves

HaveKnifeWillButcher

Apr 23, 2018

47 is a way too old to be enthusiastic. He only has maybe 4, 5 years before the sweet release of death.

Reactions: RangerDoggo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad