Prospect Info: Jack Hughes II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
Wait, wait, guys.

Is Jack Hughes actually 5'-10"? That seems to be his official listing.

If Kakko's officially listing of 6'-2" is accurate.. 4"? We're having this whole debate over 4" and 20lbs?

Reactions: OmNomNom

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Wait, wait, guys.

If Kakko's officially listing of 6'-2" is accurate.. 4"? We're having this whole debate over 4" and 20lbs?

The jokes just write themselves. I’ll leave it at that.

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
Wait, wait, guys.

4 inches is actually a lot. But yes the point you're trying to make is accurate. The size factor is nonsense. If anything, the game is evolving to favor the smaller, faster players. Being a smaller and quicker player, you tend to be more elusive.

Reactions: devilsblood

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
4 inches is actually a lot. But yes the point you're trying to make is accurate. The size factor is nonsense. If anything, the game is evolving to favor the smaller, faster players. Being a smaller and quicker player, you tend to be more elusive.

If there comes a six foot four center that skates like the wind, has a nasty shot, is strong and agile, has great hockey sense..... well he's probably Mario Lemieux, who by all means you should probably be taking over the shorter and lighter guy.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
For those of us who have been experiencing Hughes withdrawal..

Warning, Bowling Green has a bunch of guys in their early 20's. I.e. Men.

Reactions: MichaelJ

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
For those of us who have been experiencing Hughes withdrawal..

Warning, Bowling Green has a bunch of guys in their early 20's. I.e. Men.

TBH, out of the amount of shift-by-shifts ive watched, this was one of Hughes worst games ive seen IMO.
I also believe he was playing hurt towards the end of 2018 but I could be wrong on that

Reactions: NJDevs

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
TBH, out of the amount of shift-by-shifts ive watched, this was one of Hughes worst games ive seen IMO.
I also believe he was playing hurt towards the end of 2018 but I could be wrong on that
Ya not a great performance. Though I think that was early this season. And he actually had a couple hits, and played on the PK a bit, so I'm doubting he was hurt in this game.

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
Just listening Craig Custance's The Full 60 podcast. Custance, Corey Pronman and Chris Peters (ESPN) are discussing about Jack Hughes. Peters thinks that there is 0 % chance that the Devils pick anyone else than Hughes. Pronman's percent was 20–25. I think it was Peters who said that the difference between Matthews and Laine was much smaller than it's between Hughes and Kakko.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Just listening Craig Custance's The Full 60 podcast. Custance, Corey Pronman and Chris Peters (ESPN) are discussing about Jack Hughes. Peters thinks that there is 0 % chance that the Devils pick anyone else than Hughes. Pronman's percent was 20–25. I think it was Peters who said that the difference between Matthews and Laine was much smaller than it's between Hughes and Kakko.

Pronman also thought the Devils were taking Makar. I like his prospect reports but he’s not plugged into the NHL rumors.

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
Pronman also thought the Devils were taking Makar. I like his prospect reports but he’s not plugged into the NHL rumors.

Pronman didn’t give that percentage based on any inside information he had.

Re Makar, I don’t doubt that someone told him something, but it was probably designed to gauge trade interest.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Busy as he is, Jack found some time to prepare for his driving test

34af8735282a4bee616ab1b452d67bed.gif

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
That's actually not so new. It was stressed in the original article's comparison that it's a stylistic comparison, and that he'll likely surpass RNH.

The coffee I was drinking came out of my nose after reading that insane comment.. SMH.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY

Pronman also was the one major draft writer to rank Laine over Matthews. It's just how he rolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad