Jack Hughes first 2 pro seasons : improving, but still not 1st overall level

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
You call someone a nerd in this day and age? Whats next? Dweeb and pointdexter?
Honestly I don't even mind being called a nerd. If you knew me you'd probably agree that it's an appropriate designation. The only thing not nerdy about me through college was that I was a good athlete. I'm a math major & chess enthusiast who plays car soccer in his spare time ... I'm not exactly James Dean....

Reactions: DVision44 and Xirik

Final Boss

Dec 7, 2022
Wow, who would have thought it can take players a few years to develop into better players?!
Sure as shit not the Rangers!

GTFOH. You just spent god knows how long to find a thread on HFBOARDS to satisfy this weird hunger you clearly have for a "gotcha" moment.. I'm sure if I spent that long going through your post history I'd find just as bad if not worst posts.

You really woke up this morning and said "I'll show those dumb HF posters, now we will finally get the attention we've been craving for 20 years".

Which is why the mods usually shut these down real quick.
New user here. The website has a search function, comes in handy for finding things quickly

Maybe I have the updated version idk

Final Boss

Dec 7, 2022
You didn't need to tell us you were new, it was very obvious.
I just thought it stunk seeing a Ranger fan (with a Kreider nametag, woof) hating on someone in a thread about a young upcoming player. Talk about the last team that can comment on such a thing

And if it was necrobumped, so what! Thats like half the point of a forum board. Otherwise an opinion is worthless (even if maybe thats how it should be lol)

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils
Mar 31, 2022
GeorgeLeafer12's first 8 years spamming hfboards: getting worse, but still not illpucks level

Last edited:

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I just thought it stunk seeing a Ranger fan (with a Kreider nametag, woof) hating on someone in a thread about a young upcoming player. Talk about the last team that can comment on such a thing

And if it was necrobumped, so what! Thats like half the point of a forum board. Otherwise an opinion is worthless (even if maybe thats how it should be lol)
But I was on the side that maybe people shouldn't label players as a bust until they are in the league for a bit...like some people did with Hughes his first season or two.

Reactions: Final Boss

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Honestly I don't even mind being called a nerd. If you knew me you'd probably agree that it's an appropriate designation. The only thing not nerdy about me through college was that I was a good athlete. I'm a math major & chess enthusiast who plays car soccer in his spare time ... I'm not exactly James Dean....

I've always appreciated the Brits and their use of the word "boffin". There is no negative or derogatory element to it - it's recognition that someone is smart and capable without being tossed around like an insult which is very much how nerd gets used in the US.

That said, why are we necrobumping this?

• Haha
Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

Final Boss

Dec 7, 2022
But I was on the side that maybe people shouldn't label players as a bust until they are in the league for a bit...like some people did with Hughes his first season or two.
Good! A rationale person, thats always a positive

As for the Rangers, Kakko will be just fine. but idk about Lafreniere.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I've always appreciated the Brits and their use of the word "boffin". There is no negative or derogatory element to it - it's recognition that someone is smart and capable without being tossed around like an insult which is very much how nerd gets used in the US.

That said, why are we necrobumping this?
Boffin is a fun word, thanks for sharing.

I see this topic as an opportunity to discuss Hughes' progression into a top young player. But if it needs to be closed I can create a separate Hughes thread?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Boffin is a fun word, thanks for sharing.

I see this topic as an opportunity to discuss Hughes' progression into a top young player. But if it needs to be closed I can create a separate Hughes thread?

Hughes is very much a dynamic player and there should be a spot to discuss how entertaining he has become.

mobilus

Five and a game
Jan 6, 2009
high slot
MLHS Hughes prediction + copy.png

Reactions: Realgud

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
The OP has a long history of idiotic threads - he deserves to get called out on it.

Personally, I love a good bump. Move along if you don't.

One of the weirdest Jack Hughes takes from the OP was in a trade thread.

It claimed that by reading Quinn Hughes’ body language at the 2021 draft they could tell that he didn’t like Jack Hughes and that they weren’t close.

I have to say 1) I was flabbergasted that’s how anyone could read the sweet celebration of Luke getting drafted at their home. 2) Amazed that’s was the new thing he found to be completely wrong about.

They are of course famously close, as is the Hughes entire family, and were coming off having spent the entire pandemic at home together. They also just bought house together in Michigan.

It’s been pointed out by many people on Twitter and elsewhere that Quinn’s default facial expression is mild existential dread.

To see that face and read it as a direct dislike for one of his brothers, and then brag you read it that way because you’re very good at interpreting body language (and yep, that happened), was very GL12.

I will say IIRC was probably more obnoxious than I should have been in my response.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
..you bookmark threads so you can plot your revenge a year and a half down the line..?

Honestly you would have been better off admitting you were on such a high from last night's win you couldn't fall asleep so you spent all night prowling for bad Devils takes.

Anything said on this site has no bearing on reality, as a matter of fact of any forum or message on the entire internet, the posters on this site are in the upper echelon of being so far removed from reality and having no idea what the hell they are talking about.

Not sure why thread bumping on HFBoards is any more abnormal than posting on HFBoards for over a decade. It all flows from the same sea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad