Jack Hughes first 2 pro seasons : improving, but still not 1st overall level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
You do realize that the award Lundkvist won was exclusive to Swedish-born players, right?

Meanwhile, Seider is one of the three finalists for actual defenseman of the year... Which doesn't include Lundkvist. :laugh:
That wasn't the point. Seider is a better prospect than Lundkvist.

The point is the Rangers also have a defenseman dominating in the SHL and nobody thinks he's a better prospect than Kakko. Nobody would even consider it. Even mentioning it would be assumed to be a joke.

Kakko has played in the NHL, has been given his role in the NHL, and succeeded at his role in the NHL because he's ahead of guys not doing that.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
That wasn't the point. Seider is a better prospect than Lundkvist.

The point is the Rangers also have a defenseman dominating in the SHL and nobody thinks he's a better prospect than Kakko. Nobody would even consider it. Even mentioning it would be assumed to be a joke.

Kakko has played in the NHL, has been given his role in the NHL, and succeeded at his role in the NHL because he's ahead of guys not doing that.

Probably because Lundkvist isn't nearly the prospect Seider or Kakko is, and the fact that you're trying to put him in the same league as Seider to distance Seider from Kakko is a joke. :laugh:

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Probably because Lundkvist isn't nearly the prospect Seider or Kakko is, and the fact that you're trying to put him in the same league as Seider to distance Seider from Kakko is a joke. :laugh:
You guys think Seider is Bobby Orr on coke and pixie dust so this is another road not even worth going down.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
And several of you think that Lundkvist is in the same tier, which tells you about all you need to know.
You think Seider is in the same tier as Adam Fox. Don't go throwing stones in glass houses.

Anyway this is turning into posturing about the Red Wings which is what you wanted so I'm done unless somebody wants to ask me about Jack Hughes.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
You think Seider is in the same tier as Adam Fox. Don't go throwing stones in glass houses.

Anyway this is turning into posturing about the Red Wings which is what you wanted so I'm done unless somebody wants to ask me about Jack Hughes.

Nah. Seider will never score half his points on the powerplay. :laugh:

Kaapo Hollweg

Jun 21, 2019
Nothing to be salty about, you picked higher and we ended up with the better prospect.
As I have said, Yzerman must be really eager to make you his director of pro scouting. That level of expertise, well thought out reasoning and masterfully crafted arguments is mind-boggling.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I thought he was going to step in and be a Patrick Kane right away and transcend whatever size and maturity concerns people would have had for him as a rookie, but so far he's been closer to the Kyle Turris end of the spectrum in terms of early career production. The pandemic obviously didn't help. Did have some brief flashes earlier in the season.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Averaging 60 points per season, or 0,73 ppg, would put him top100 since 1997, among players with 500+ games

There are only 9 guys going at least a point per game in that span for over 500 games. Guys like Bergeron, Kessel, Wheeler & the Sedins hover around 0,80ppg

I do not think Hughes is going be as good they are.

Perry, Pac-Man, RNH etc are around 0,73ppg. I think Hughes is going to be very close to RNH.
How about now?

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Posters should be called out for doubling down on terrible takes - its one of the few things that keeps this place as honest as it is.
GTFOH. You just spent god knows how long to find a thread on HFBOARDS to satisfy this weird hunger you clearly have for a "gotcha" moment.. I'm sure if I spent that long going through your post history I'd find just as bad if not worst posts.

You really woke up this morning and said "I'll show those dumb HF posters, now we will finally get the attention we've been craving for 20 years".

Which is why the mods usually shut these down real quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->