Jack Hughes first 2 pro seasons : improving, but still not 1st overall level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Jack Hughes did improve, relatively lot from his rookie season, however, he is, was selected 1st overall
and his productions is still not at, where its supposed to be.

His 0.44 ppg in his first two seasons, in 117 games, is the worst 1st overall production,
since Patrik Stefan's, 0.43 ppg in his first two seasons in the NHL (132 games).

| 97-99 Joe Thornton : 0.35 ppg, in 136 games |

His start to the season was not very good, how he played, not his point production,
as the season progressed however, he started to play better, way better
and even our own Viasat Finnish NHL voice; Antti Mäkinen had to eat some crow :)

He was able alter his game, adjust as it were, to a pro style of play, but..
he had a very streaky season; first 5 games, 7 points, next 5 games, 1 point,
next 6 games, 4 points (3 game point streak), next 10 games, 2 points,
then 1 x 2 point game, next 8 games with binoculars 0+0, really good April
4+8, in 11 games, then 2 points in his last 5 games.

So, still, lots to improve, needs some more game adjusting,
needs to at least simplify his game, for one, to get more production.

He does have the necessary tools to improve, lots. Obviously still
needs to get stronger (mature physically), play, well..think (react) faster
with and without the puck.

Time will tell what comes out of Jack Hughes, he has started,..has corrected
his path (as i hoped he would) but, still lots of work to do. Interesting to see,
to follow his career, is he able to do some hard work much needed,
to achieve his goals as a pro athlete and fans expectations.

Good luck Jack!.

Goomba

Mario is a Devils fan
May 7, 2021
Covid took away a lot of his gains in strength and weight, and a lack of practice and training time compounded upon this

yet he still dominated in possession and transition, and his offensive acumen is somehow rising beyond the incredible level it was already at.

for a guy whos about to hit the big 20s this month, with his level of skating and offensive IQ, the strength he adds on will turn him into a monster.

I sure hope people are ready for him; because if they thought Quinn jumped onto the scene in his breakout year... Jack is going to parachute in

Refuse

Sin City Soldiers
Aug 23, 2005
Lets see you guys write something out in Finnish....I'm sure it'll be brilliant.

English isn't everyones native tongue here.
Way too many posters type as if they're speaking/thinking to themselves, which in most cases makes it difficult to understand. That's not a language barrier thing. It's about making an effort to make sure the reader understands you, rather than just create volumes of text. I skipped to the end of the OP and was kind of happy to see a positive thread for once on HF.

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
This guys still going to be a star. I’m still a bit salty about the avs missing out on the no.1 overall pick

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
it's super obvious watching him he's gonna be a star someday

just not quite physically there yet

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
I don’t get Antti Mäkinen part, he is a huge fanboy of Hughes, he has always has been raving about his game even when there has been very little to rave about.

I’m honestly not as high on Hughes as lot of others are, but still see him ending up being Barzal type of of player.

Shocker

Dec 20, 2019
I don’t get Antti Mäkinen part, he is a huge fanboy of Hughes, he has always has been raving about his game even when there has been very little to rave about.

I’m honestly not as high on Hughes as lot of others are, but still see him ending up being Barzal type of of player.
Antti Mäkinen is really f***ing annoying.

Reactions: Wsh

Taswell

Oct 4, 2017
Just needs his body to catch up with his skills. Eventually those two are going to align and he is going to be a hell of a player. You can just see it when you watch him.

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
The best highlights of him are seeing him leave players open and giving up on backchecks, and having the defensive acumen of a Timbit player.

1st overall though. :laugh:

There's players you win it, battle with and then there's those who only care about personal stats and the opposite of team. It's obvious which category this child belongs in.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
His skills and skating ability is unreal. His shot is pretty weak. As he gets older he’ll get stronger and more experienced. I think he will be fine and be a legit #1 center.

Reactions: generalshepherd141

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
The best highlights of him are seeing him leave players open and giving up on backchecks, and having the defensive acumen of a Timbit player.

1st overall though. :laugh:

There's players you win it, battle with and then there's those who only care about personal stats and the opposite of team. It's obvious which category this child belongs in.

You obviously don't watch him much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia