Player Discussion Jack Eichel Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
In Ovechkin's 23y season, the Washington Capitals won 50 regular season games.

Didn't seem to help them much in the post-season. It looks like their recent cup win was the only time OV has played past the 2nd round.

If not making the playoffs at the beginning of Eichel's career means he'll be set up for a long window with a good shot at the cup, sign me up.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Didn't seem to help them much in the post-season. It looks like their recent cup win was the only time OV has played past the 2nd round.

If not making the playoffs at the beginning of Eichel's career means he'll be set up for a long window with a good shot at the cup, sign me up.
That's not how it works, sorry.

ISeeStars

Jun 23, 2018
Iowa
This wasting Eichel's career thing isn't really a thing.

???

I honestly can't read this with a straight face.

What about the past decade and the current state of the team gives you any hope for the next 5 years? By all means I wont hate on you for high expectations but I dont see how my take on that is hurt in credibility.

Reactions: Chainshot

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
That's not how it works, sorry.

It is called a rebuild. Sorry.

It is also exactly how it works, and we are set up quite nicely for what I said to be true. Sorry again.

What about the past decade and the current state of the team gives you any hope for the next 5 years? By all means I wont hate on you for high expectations but I dont see how my take on that is hurt in credibility.

Well for starters the past decade is irrelevant, the current state of the team has Eichel(23) + Dahlin(19), two very good pieces at fairly young age (Dalhin is still being slept on by many). Other good pieces on top of those.

I strongly disagree with not having a shot at the cup in 5 years, however to not even make the playoffs? Really?

I can't see any way that we aren't.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Even if he is the brightest spot it took him nearly 5 years to become what he should have been from the start...to be near McDavids level
Sure he didn't get much help but he certainly wasn't like McDavid, Matthews, Oveckin, Crosby, Malkin who all started like stars right from their 1st season while Eichel always left something to be desired until this season.
I wonder how his progression would have looked like if he was drafted by another team.

TheStorm

Sep 15, 2015
Pittsburgh,PA

It is also exactly how it works, and we are set up quite nicely for what I said to be true. Sorry again.

Well for starters the past decade is irrelevant, the current state of the team has Eichel(23) + Dahlin(19), two very good pieces at fairly young age (Dalhin is still being slept on by many). Other good pieces on top of those.

I strongly disagree with not having a shot at the cup in 5 years, however to not even make the playoffs? Really?

If this team has a shot at the cup in 5 years than that means the Sabres organization will have drastically changed how it operates within a short amount of time. I don't see that happening.

TheStorm

Sep 15, 2015
Pittsburgh,PA
Even if he is the brightest spot it took him nearly 5 years to become what he should have been from the start...to be near McDavids level
Sure he didn't get much help but he certainly wasn't like McDavid, Matthews, Oveckin, Crosby, Malkin who all started like stars right from their 1st season while Eichel always left something to be desired until this season.
I wonder how his progression would have looked like if he was drafted by another team.
Actually Matthews and Eichels stats have been extremely similair through out the past few years with Eichel pulling ahead this year. Matthews hasn't been out playing Eichel before this season.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Actually Matthews and Eichels stats have been extremely similair through out the past few years with Eichel pulling ahead this year. Matthews hasn't been out playing Eichel before this season.
Eichel is definately better now
But Matthews 1&2 season were better
40goals!

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
If this team has a shot at the cup in 5 years than that means the Sabres organization will have drastically changed how it operates within a short amount of time. I don't see that happening.

Maybe, just maybe, everyone and their mother is underselling Eichel+Dahlin and mostly everything else.

Now we are just going out of our way to make stuff up and make us look bad?

For starters those are probs the best recent players in the last decade or more (obviously sans Matthews), not performing like them right away isn't the worst thing in the world in general let alone with his support and that he's grown into one of the top players at 23.

It also sounds like you are saying all of Matthew's seasons left nothing to be desired while Eichel did until this year?

MightyMuffins

Jan 17, 2017
Well also Matthews has tremendous talent to help him. I mean Eichel mostly has to solo this team to win.......again I am more concerned about the fact he's seeing that even with him trying to will this team to win, we still suck. A player of his caliber can only take losing so long before you lose interest and want out. O'Reilly remember said he lost his passion for hockey being here with all the losing...I mean he regained it after being traded to the Blues but.....I fear Eichel at some point will get there and want out..

ISeeStars

Jun 23, 2018
Iowa

The past decade isnt irrelevant though. The past decade shows how mismanaged this organization is from top to bottom starting with the Pegulas. The coaching/GM carousel is getting old and the fact this team doesnt have a legit president of operations I believe is the sole reason we are in this position. The past decade shows proof what the Sabres have been doing is wrong and nothing recently with Botts in charge has given me any proof it will turn around.

Like I said, I will not discourage your optimism, in fact I enjoy it. Unfortunately my views on the team are at an all time low that I didnt think would be reached since the tank days. In fact I think the tank days were better.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Maybe, just maybe, everyone and their mother is underselling Eichel+Dahlin and mostly everything else.

Now we are just going out of our way to make stuff up and make us look bad?

For starters those are probs the best recent players in the last decade or more (obviously sans Matthews), not performing like them right away isn't the worst thing in the world in general let alone with his support and that he's grown into one of the top players at 23.

It also sounds like you are saying all of Matthew's seasons left nothing to be desired while Eichel did until this year?
I have to say in the beginning I was jealous because it looked like the Leafs lucked into a better player..
I corrected myself to his first 2 seasons being better.
He needs to be the best how poorly these teams have being constructed...
There was no center spine like him & RoR since Briere/Dury and they lost
Because the D was poor.
Now they have slightly better D but the center spine is gutted into oblivion.

FormerSabresFan

Sep 14, 2015

I think you're forgetting all the points he left on the table playing for this sack of shit team. How many times did we see E. Kane/Okposos/McGinn whiff on open nets that Eichel set up.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
I try to look at the bright side. If Eichel requests a trade I'll have a new team to follow with a damn better chance of winning a cup than this one.

I wish I could cheer for a different team that easily. Unfortunately I'm stuck being a Sabres and Bills fan for life.

MightyMuffins

Jan 17, 2017
I wish I could cheer for a different team that easily. Unfortunately I'm stuck being a Sabres and Bills fan for life.
But when they win....oh man it still feels good. :)

Just a shame for some of the fan favorite players on the Sabres like Jack we can't do crap. It's literally like Kyle Williams situation....we have someone we as the fans want soooo bad to win you have to pray it finally happens. Though Jack.....Jack is in his prime and can easily want out if he ever chooses.

MightyMuffins

Jan 17, 2017
As I said 2 days ago...this Montreal game especially shows just how reliant this team is on Jack doing everything. You can see just how pissed he was at the end of this game again. Telling you....at some point you know he is gonna want out of this team and it's looking like he's at the breaking point if not he is already there. It's gonna be a sad day we wasted his talents here. :(

Like this isn't a joke anymore....he's likely gonna request some type of trade this off-season. Don't think it can't happen....he doesn't have to play out the entire contract.

Last edited:

EmeraldCitySabre

Yeah, we've got uniforms and everything....
Apr 10, 2010
The Claw
As I said 2 days ago...this Montreal game especially shows just how reliant this team is on Jack doing everything. You can see just how pissed he was at the end of this game again. Telling you....at some point you know he is gonna want out of this team and it's gonna be a sad day we wasted his talents here. :(

Jack is my favorite current Sabre, so it would be a major bummer if we lost him, but I wouldn't blame him one bit if he wants out of this tire fire of an organization.

MightyMuffins

Jan 17, 2017
Jack is my favorite current Sabre, so it would be a major bummer if we lost him, but I wouldn't blame him one bit if he wants out of this tire fire of an organization.
I wouldn't be surprised if he did request some type of trade threat this deadline or the off-season. There is a real chance he will want out this offseason. Then what do you get for him? Teams know then he would want out and they wouldn't have to give us as much as Jack is the one in control.

Jack's time with us is slowly ticking down. :(

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011

A rebuild includes the world "build".

What is being built here? Barely much of a prospects pipeline, a roster full of 3rd tier players with bad contracts, and no signs of any tangible improvement.

It's not a rebuild. It's the Cleveland Browns.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
If Eichel is traded you might as well lottery off Dahlin and fold the franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad