Player Discussion Jack Eichel Episode 9 -- The Rise of Impatience

Status
Not open for further replies.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
There's gonna be a massive demand for clarity on this one once everyone reports.

Maybe its all a grand plan to remove the focus from the on-ice product and just have the press and fans obsess over Eichel the whole season.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
And I believe that a big factor in what teams are offering is impacted by Eichel's health situation. The situation dragging on and on is not helping improve the offers.

But if Eichel shows up for camp and is cleared to play, I bet the offers get better.
I really don’t think it will matter. Adams is asking for a lot. In some cases it would clear out the a sizable chunk of the young potential of some of the teams interested.

if Adams was looking for more roster players I think the deal would have happened already.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
There's gonna be a massive demand for clarity on this one once everyone reports.

Maybe its all a grand plan to remove the focus from the on-ice product and just have the press and fans obsess over Eichel the whole season.
That would be very Machiavellian of Adams. :laugh:

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Its been said before, acquiring a five year 50 million dollar investment who has questionable health is the kind of thing that is a fireable offense for GMs if it goes bad.

Significant salary going back and/or retention on Eichels contract has to be part of all trade talks. Im guessing this is the hold up.

I think its safe to assume that big money contracts coming back have to be sent up the chain. KA has to be working within guidelines, and if so it really does ensure his job security. So he has that going for him.

As long as all other hockey decisions are made by the hockey people, it is what it is. This Eichel contract is a legacy contract that Pegula blessed off on and I think it transcends all of the nuts and bolts we are thinking about.

What bugged me most about ROR trade was the 7.5 million being eaten up by Sobotka and Berglund. I would be OK with KA being told to not bring any contracts, or minimal contracts back. If this is part of a financial plan to swing hard and get back to max cap in a couple seasons.

3 or 4 years from now I'd like to look back on this whole thing and...not care so much. Cuz we are achieving and playoff-hockeying and all that. Eichel never got us to the postseason, and we got there after he left. The thing with ROR is...there was none of that. It was just garbage after garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad