Player Discussion Jack Eichel Episode 9 -- The Rise of Impatience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I can't wrap my head around why the Sabres wouldn't want Tkachuk. Baffles me. I just can't stand rebuilding and losing on purpose. Get the best player you can.
Getting the best player is a losing strategy. You will get a player worse than Eichel, similarly-aged. Not only that but Tkachuk could easily just walk. The best piece in an Eichel return needs to be futures-based as that's the only way you can get value for what was supposed to be our franchise cornerstone.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I think Adams should take Tkachuk, Zary, and 2022 1st, and run (if that deal is actually on the table).

Isn’t Tkachuk exactly what the Sabres are lacking? Plus, he’s an RFA after the season, so the Sabres control his rights. He either re-signs, or the Sabres move him for a haul.

Calgary is as likely to add that much to Tkachuk as Anaheim is to give up Zegras and Drysdale+.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Reading Calgary Puck boards, they’ve got a poster who is apparently plugged into Flames management and has called moves in the recent past. Here’s what that poster wrote:

Flames want Eichel. Tkachuk isn’t happy with Flames or Sutter and wants out. Wants to go to the US, ideally STL. Buffalo doesn’t want him as they’d rather have futures. Three-way is possibly being worked on.

Based on some of the discussion (and a little bit of me projecting):

1st deal:
Tkachuk to STL for Kyrou, Thomas, 2022 1st (STL would still need to move Tarasenko)

2nd deal:
Eichel to Calgary for Valimaki, Zary, Coronato, 2022 1st (higher of the two)

Reactions: Zach716

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Reading Calgary Puck boards, they’ve got a poster who is apparently plugged into Flames management and has called moves in the recent past. Here’s what that poster wrote:

Flames want Eichel. Tkachuk isn’t happy with Flames or Sutter and wants out. Wants to go to the US, ideally STL. Buffalo doesn’t want him as they’d rather have futures. Three-way is possibly being worked on.

Based on some of the discussion (and a little bit of me projecting):

1st deal:
Tkachuk to STL for Kyrou, Thomas, 2022 1st (STL would still need to move Tarasenko)

2nd deal:
Eichel to Calgary for Valimaki, Zary, Coronato, 2022 1st (higher of the two)

Yeah no thanks on the 2nd deal.

Give us Thomas.

Reactions: 1point21Gigawatts

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Agreed, if Thomas is in play he needs to be coming here BUT it's workable. Interesting option, at least.

Also, love the titles on these threads lol
We're still high on Thomas on these boards? That futures deal for Tkachuk is why futures deals are risky. That's basically the deal we wanted for O'Reilly. Now both players are solid role players but neither player is worth O'Reilly or Eichel.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
As far as I am concerned, Thomas is a role player & not a cornerstone of a franchise. He's sort of regarded as the big fish that got away in the RoR trade. And folks have been talking about the almost catch ever since.

I like him but he looked quite ordinary in the 2021 playoff series against the Avalanche.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
Just give us back that 6th rounder that Jason Botterill gave away for nothing a few years ago. That's the piece we've been missing all this time.

Jammerz04

Apr 8, 2011
Sorry guys,

I’m kind of new here but from a Sabres standpoint all these trades are absolute garbage.

Zary? Zary at the very best will be a 2nd line centre. That’s at the very best.

Vallimaki is nothing more than a shutdown defenseman. A good one but we got Samuelson and Power to do that stuff why do we need another one?

Coronato seems like one of those plug n’ play forwards like a Hyman or a Palmieri.

Best teams to target are Minny, LA or Anaheim. Calgary has nothing to offer unless they decide to include 3 first rounders in addition to what has been said on this board. We don’t want him in the East so Rags are out.

Minny for Rossi, Boldy, Dumba and an unprotected first

LA for Turcotte (Doesn’t look like Byfield will be available), Villardi/Kaliyev, Bjornfot and an unprotected first

Anaheim for Drysdale (Doesn't look like Zegras will be made available), Comtois, Pelletier, Henrique and an unprotected first

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I posted this on the main board, and I’m either ignored by a lot of people, or there’s not too many complaints. I copied it here, and flame away (no pun intended):

I’m gonna do a spitball 3-way trade here:

To Calgary: Eichel, Bryson, Laczynski
To Philadelphia: Gaudreau, Calgary 2022 3rd, Laaksonen
To Buffalo: Wylie, Konecny, Frost (from Phi), Calgary 2022 1st, Zary, Ruzicka, Pospisil

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I’m gonna do a spitball 3-way trade here:
To Calgary: Eichel, Bryson, Laczynski
To Philadelphia: Gaudreau, Calgary 2022 3rd, Laaksonen
To Buffalo: Wylie, Konecny, Frost (from Phi), Calgary 2022 1st, Zary, Ruzicka, Pospisil
I think for most this takes too much brain energy to process the trade. Very complex.

Reactions: bigtim1988

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
Sorry guys,

I’m kind of new here but from a Sabres standpoint all these trades are absolute garbage.

Zary? Zary at the very best will be a 2nd line centre. That’s at the very best.

Vallimaki is nothing more than a shutdown defenseman. A good one but we got Samuelson and Power to do that stuff why do we need another one?

Coronato seems like one of those plug n’ play forwards like a Hyman or a Palmieri.

Best teams to target are Minny, LA or Anaheim. Calgary has nothing to offer unless they decide to include 3 first rounders in addition to what has been said on this board. We don’t want him in the East so Rags are out.

Minny for Rossi, Boldy, Dumba and an unprotected first

LA for Turcotte (Doesn’t look like Byfield will be available), Villardi/Kaliyev, Bjornfot and an unprotected first

Anaheim for Drysdale (Doesn't look like Zegras will be made available), Comtois, Pelletier, Henrique and an unprotected first
I think you're going to be disappointed. It's very unlikely we will get close to healthy-Eichel value in this trade. I'm sure they're asking for it, but we'll end up having to settle for less.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I think you're going to be disappointed. It's very unlikely we will get close to healthy-Eichel value in this trade. I'm sure they're asking for it, but we'll end up having to settle for less.
True. We will be lucky to get four quarters for our dollar.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I think for most this takes too much brain energy to process the trade. Very complex.

Calgary trades 2022 1st, 2022 3rd, Gaudreau, Zary, Rucizka, Pospisil to Buffalo.

Buffalo trades Eichel & Bryson & future considerations to Calgary.

Philadelphia trades Wylie, Konecny, Frost and Laczynski to Buffalo for Gaudreau, Laaksonen & Calgary’s 2022 3rd.

Buffalo trade Laczynski to Calgary to complete original trade.

Reactions: Jacob582
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad