Player Discussion Jack Eichel Episode 9 -- The Rise of Impatience

Status
Not open for further replies.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
I think the money in sports is insane. Don't put words in my mouth about owner profit

There is always a place where money is insane, and some people are fortunate to be in a position to profit from that.

I have a lot more respect for an athlete who has worked really hard their entire life (and given up a lot) to be world class at what they do, and get one big payday if they're lucky , than I do for say Instagram Influencers who also make a ton of money because they are still young and attractive.

Remember that for every individual person making an 'obscene' amount of money, there is a corporation behind them making even more for doing less.

Reactions: themilosh

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
I would, 100%. I’d piss away 2-3 mil and invest the rest so I coukd live off it and retire at 40-45.

At 40-45, all those little injuries and dings that never bothered you in your 20s and 30s wake up , and remind you every day that they are there.

A friend from high school was a pitcher on our baseball team. He had elbow and knee surgery before junior college. While he was amazing there, graduating was the end of his baseball career. He's 41 now, and struggles to move around enough to play with his kids because of those injuries and surgeries.

Money comes and goes. You only get one body.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Flames is a good option, the main thing is to return a good young player from the roster in the deal, I would prefer it to be Andersson, as well as one from Zary or Coronato + 1st, I think it would be a good base. I do not know if Monahan is needed in the deal, maybe he could go to the third team and we would get another prospect + choice.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I wonder if the Wild loop back after they sign Kaprizov to a known cap hit.
If I were to rank teams:

1. Wild
2. Ducks
3. Flames
4. Vegas

32. Bruins
33. Rangers (Yes, there are only 32 teams including the Sabres) :D

Only if Adams drops his ask.

Plus, they still have the cap issues after this season with the huge dead money starting in 2022-23. After re-signing Kaprizov and adding Eichel, they could be well over $70M in 22-23 cap hits with only 13 players under contact.

Ygo

Oct 19, 2015
There is a way for this to get materially worse. What if...
  • Eichel is not traded by season start
  • Risto was really as bad as many have suggested
  • The team gets better without Eichel or Reinhart, because Risto is not eating big minutes and killing the team
  • This also assumes some steps forward from younger players
  • They get okay goaltending
  • DG is a significant upgrade over RK (better than replacement level coaching?)
If much of that happens and this team overachieves, while JE is still a Sabre, I have to assume that further diminishes his value.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Only if Adams drops his ask.

Plus, they still have the cap issues after this season with the huge dead money starting in 2022-23. After re-signing Kaprizov and adding Eichel, they could be well over $70M in 22-23 cap hits with only 13 players under contact.

Realistically any deal with MN has to have Fiala coming back as a big piece. There simply is no other way to make the long term salary work.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
There is a way for this to get materially worse. What if...
  • Eichel is not traded by season start
  • Risto was really as bad as many have suggested
  • The team gets better without Eichel or Reinhart, because Risto is not eating big minutes and killing the team
  • This also assumes some steps forward from younger players
  • They get okay goaltending
  • DG is a significant upgrade over RK (better than replacement level coaching?)
If much of that happens and this team overachieves, while JE is still a Sabre, I have to assume that further diminishes his value.

Yea but what if:
  • Eichel is not traded but as a professional he plays as the therapy worked
  • He has an excellent season hitting his highest ppg of his career
  • He looks significantly better defensively without Risto on the back end
  • They get excellent goaltending on a resurgence from Mr. Anderson
  • DG is able to get Eichel to buy into the system showing his maturity
If much of that happens and this team overachieves, while JE is still a Sabre. I have to assume his value sky rockets.

What is the point in making up these scenarios?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad