Jack, Dahlin, Reinhart vs Matthews, Marner, Rielly

Best going forward.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Curious about the timing of this poll. Buffalo must be on a two game winning streak or something.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
End of this year

Worse than what, 3 embarrassing 1st round exits? If you guys don't make it out of the first round the leafs will lose any ground they had on the sabres.

Their window won't be as long either with grandaddy Tavares and Reilly.
Rielly is born in 1994, Sam Reinhart is born in 1995. D also tend to peak later than forwards. Wait to show your awareness of other teams. Tavares also literally just turned 29, and most elite centers tend to age well.

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
Rielly is born in 1994, Sam Reinhart is born in 1995. D also tend to peak later than forwards. Wait to show your awareness of other teams. Tavares also literally just turned 29, and most elite centers tend to age well.

Aha he is still older than all of buff core outside of skinner (and that is what, 1 yr 8 months he has on reinhart?), and decently older than Dahlin witch is the main reason for the linger window.

A top player just turned 29? Nice cup window bro.

And yes while the leafs have a great core and a decent cup window, I'm just making jokes since the sabres window is just gonna be soo big and long. Timed perfectly.

Viva la tank. I've said before we'll have haters soon complaining how we tanked to get so good.

If UPL turns out, and there is a decent chance, we'll even have our own 22yr old higher end, star potential starter.

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
Does your fortune telling extend to anything useful or just things that benefit the Sabres in HFboard arguments?

Was it you or the other guy who said I wouldn't be around at the end of the season?

It just extends to the most logical scenario in most cases if you really wanted to know.

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
Other than everything. I'll enjoy when you guys have no choice but to admit it, it'll be quite funny actually.

Feel free to bookmark

Eichel ~ Matthews

Marner > Reinhart

Dahlin >>> The other guy

Bahahahah this has to be a joke!

If not I will definitely be drawing your attention to this post at the end of the season. Cant wait for you to avoid it like the plague.

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
Nice try bud. Compare a 25 year old to an 18 year old. Nah you aint doing that garbage.

morgan reilly - 2 goals, 25 assists, 27 points, -13, 17:37, 45.1 CF

rasmus dahlin - 9 goals, 35 assists, 44 points, -13, 21:09, 52.4 CF

Oh yeah I forgot Reilly wasn't able to play as an 18 year old so this is comparing 18 year old throughout entire D+1 season Dahlin to 19 turning 20 during the season D+2 Reilly. Reilly isn't even close to Dahlin.

Dahlin>>Reilly ainec. Dahlin is worth far more then any Leaf. Again only player comparable to Dahlin is McDavid.

Okay, now do the same for eichel and Matthew's at the same stages.

Auston has been better every season when you compare d+1 vs d+1, d+2 vs d+2, etc.

I guess that means auston >> eichel, right?

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
Okay, now do the same for eichel and Matthew's at the same stages.

Auston has been better every season when you compare d+1 vs d+1, d+2 vs d+2, etc.

I guess that means auston >> eichel, right?

Rasmus had a much better season so no. Eichel also went to ppg pretty much year 2, when did reilly start getting good?

The Dahlin gap is only gonna widen when compared to Reilly same age.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
We could finish last and I'll be here to tell you we're one of the best young upcoming teams in the league (if that did happen I would actually feel bad though, we'd be too good honestly). This season means nothing to me.

20yr old Dahlin next season, add Cozens, more depth coming up, UPL ect.

I'll be here all decade.

> Potentially finishes last

> Will still say we're one of the best young upcoming teams in the league

lol

Reactions: Stamkos4life

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
> Potentially finishes last

> Will still say we're one of the best young upcoming teams in the league

lol

I mean, I can't see us finishing anywhere near there, but adding the top pick (even if we lost all of the lottos) would make things unfair.

Team still has some heavy pieces coming and Dahlin hasn't peaked so again don't care about this year.

Doesn't mean I won't get to enjoy seeing everyone be wrong about is this season.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Are you ****ing serious? When was the last time a player like Reinhart was compared to a player coming off a 90+ point season?

And you are actually saying Dahlin tips the scale here??

Is this really the popular opinion? My god
Matthews being compared to McDavid?

Reactions: Dirty Dog

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Aha he is still older than all of buff core outside of skinner (and that is what, 1 yr 8 months he has on reinhart?), and decently older than Dahlin witch is the main reason for the linger window.

A top player just turned 29? Nice cup window bro.

And yes while the leafs have a great core and a decent cup window, I'm just making jokes since the sabres window is just gonna be soo big and long. Timed perfectly.

Viva la tank. I've said before we'll have haters soon complaining how we tanked to get so good.

If UPL turns out, and there is a decent chance, we'll even have our own 22yr old higher end, star potential starter.
Maybe actually make the playoffs and have a dependable starting goalie before you start about your cup window opening.

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
Maybe actually make the playoffs and have a dependable starting goalie before you start about your cup window opening.

The core is young, Dahlin is 19, cup window will be long and glorious.

Maybe make it past the first round with your ageing stars ;)

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
The core is young, Dahlin is 19, cup window will be long and glorious.

Maybe make it past the first round with your ageing stars ;)
We have one important player over 30. Yeah, really an aging team. Our best players are 29, 25, and 2 22 year olds. Really aging team. Both Reinhart and Eichel are older than Matthews and Marner and have both been worse players than their direct comparables.

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
We have one important player over 30. Yeah, really an aging team. Our best players are 29, 25, and 2 22 year olds. Really aging team. Both Reinhart and Eichel are older than Matthews and Marner and have both been worse players than their direct comparables.

And the best of the bunch is 19 the whole season.

And he is a Sabre.

If we wanna play the age game though Mitts(21), Cozens(19), UPL(21). Still have Eichel(23), Reinhart(24), Olofsson(24), Skinner(27)

Reactions: Mitts888

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
Yeah, Matthews rookie season was way better than Dahlin's. 2nd in the league in goals and led the league in 5v5 goals.

Oh wow, couldn't get the rocket (stat based inb4 calder), so much better than 2nd all time for his age and position in points. Nailed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad