Tribute (Jack Campbell is my life) Jack Campbell Extreme Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
It's a 2 day break and I doubt he wants that much time between games, especially when he is on a hot streak. I think he will want to go. If we want to rest him, we can rest him against Montreal and put Hutch in that game so Campbell gets the Flames on the second half of the B2B.

Just a few days ago, it was 2 days after a game and he wasn't even healthy enough to dress as the backup. He was on a hot streak then as well, his entire season has been one big hot streak.

Reactions: The Cobra

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Does anyone know how much cap the Leafs can reasonably allocate to goaltending next season with a Hyman extension at $6M/yr?

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
I'm so pumped to watch Campbell stonewall McDavid and all you crazy Canuckleheads at the Olympics in a few years. Any minor amount of good will I've built up on these boards during my time here will immediately be thrown out and I'll probably be asked to leave.

Pinto

Kings of the North!
Aug 28, 2003
Port Dover, Ontario
E61FF294-199F-478C-8898-211FDE209B7B.jpeg

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
Is it an overstatement to say Jack Campbell is my favourite Leaf of all time?

I know it has to be, I know....but on the other hand, the guy teared up during a post-game interview simply because he feels humbled and honoured to be a Leaf and compete with his teammates. It doesn't get much more awesome than that!

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Campbell is the second coming of Felix Potvin. Felix took over the starter job with Fuhr out with injury and never looked back. Backstopped the Leafs to 2 straight conference finals and the team thrived on him being between the pipes.

Only problem is I wish Andersen had another year left on his deal so we could acquire a legit scorer like Andrychuk to play Matthews wing!!!!

But neither here or there, Campbell is our starter even when Andersen comes back. You do not take him out now. You bring Andersen back, let him get his feet wet for a few games before playoffs. Maybe split the time between Andersen and Campbell. But Campbell starts in net for the playoffs unless he falters over the next few games.

Off season, you let Andersen walk. And you acquire a 1B type starter for cheap to be our goalies next season.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Love the person and the player. I wish him all the best going forward. Im just not confident in his durability. He deserves to see starts, but the leafs need to have Freddy back or another capable 1B guy in a tandem for insurance.

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
So now that Soupy has beaten the Leafs franchise record, it's time to beat the NHL record which he has already tied. You'd think that with 2 days of rest before we play the Sens sounds like a no-brainer for the record.

But those Sens are our kryptonite sometimes, even though we hold a 4-2-1 record against them, but that still means that they beat us 3 times this season including that 6-5OT embarrassment. Here's hoping that we squash those Sens like Edmonton keeps doing.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Soupy has revised da fan base here ... people luv to root for da little guy who overcomes adversity and makes it big ... but bottom line pro hockey is all about performance and Soupy is delivering da goods night in night out now ... I kinda knew he had it in him way back from his days leading team USA to gold ... but he has overcome being a backup to Quick (when he was world class) to numerous injuries and is now only really emerging ... i still think we should put Freddy on LTIR and use benefit to get another tender, a forechecking winger and a depth vet defender for a Cup run

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver

I think Genuinely Freddy and Jack support each other. Really hard not to cheer for Jack TBH. I can't remember a goalie I have wanted to succeed more than him. He just wants to do his best every night. All you can ask for. I think a Freddy/Jack tandem is as good as any in the league provided they are both healthy. I know alot of people hate on Freddy, but he is still a good goalie. I really hope when he gets healthy we see a strong tandem, and just ride the hot hand. I think it will bring the best out of both of them. And clearly they have a great working relationship, so I don't see that being much of an issue

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
He's kind of saving the season right now. He's never really been a starter, but he has looked like he could be since his arrival. Now, in just 10 games he's set a Leaf record, while the de facto #1 Andersen was letting everything in and couldn't stay healthy. If it was Hutchinson playing this last little while he would have pissed away the season. With Campbell's help they have steered the ship back on course and are pulling away from the pack again. Props to Jack Campbell. I feel comfortable with him in the net for game #1.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Andersen is confirmed out for the rest of the season. Does Dubas go out and get another goalie to take some of the load of Campbell, so we don’t run him into the ground too?
Where did it get confirmed?

But yes you absolutely have to add depth if Fred is out.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Andersen is confirmed out for the rest of the season. Does Dubas go out and get another goalie to take some of the load of Campbell, so we don’t run him into the ground too?

Is this a hypothetical? Should really clarify that.

Yes Dubas, if he’s been told Freddy is out long term should look to shore up goaltending.

Reactions: stickty111

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I think Genuinely Freddy and Jack support each other. Really hard not to cheer for Jack TBH. I can't remember a goalie I have wanted to succeed more than him. He just wants to do his best every night. All you can ask for. I think a Freddy/Jack tandem is as good as any in the league provided they are both healthy. I know alot of people hate on Freddy, but he is still a good goalie. I really hope when he gets healthy we see a strong tandem, and just ride the hot hand. I think it will bring the best out of both of them. And clearly they have a great working relationship, so I don't see that being much of an issue
Obviously, Freddy wants to outplay Jack and own the net, but I doubt he's as petty as wanting Jack to fail just to get the net. Jack seems really liked by teammates, and so does Freddy.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Is this a hypothetical? Should really clarify that.

Yes Dubas, if he’s been told Freddy is out long term should look to shore up goaltending.

Sorry I think I read the article wrong

I read on FB and the article was paraphrased to make it sound like Keefe has no concerns now that Andersen’s season is done. As in Campbells his guy.

sorry here is the full article, actually states he thinks Andersen’s season isn’t over

Maple Leafs' Keefe: 'No concern' Frederik Andersen is done for season

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
Obviously, Freddy wants to outplay Jack and own the net, but I doubt he's as petty as wanting Jack to fail just to get the net. Jack seems really liked by teammates, and so does Freddy.
It's not that he will want him to fail. He inevitably will feel less pressure knowing that the guy who has taken his job also failed. For the previous 10 Freddy starts, Leafs nation had been crying for Jack to start. Give it a couple bad Jack starts and we will be hoping for Freddy. Its a completely different dynamic from Freddy's perspective having the media and fanbase not expecting you to fail when you have the cage. Right now its Jack's net to lose. And if/when he does lose, Freddy will have to be ready to take it back. Nothing wrong with that

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad