Tribute (Jack Campbell is my life) Jack Campbell Extreme Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
If I like Campbell, want to see him in net as much as possible, and think he's talented then am I a subjective caveman?

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
How did every starter become a starter? You have to "not be a starter" in order to ascend into one. It's useless referring to Campbell as a non-starter, we're literally in the middle of finding out if he was one.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
He's our de facto number 1 goalie, he has no challengers right now. Officially his crease and its awesome to see.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Congrats Campbell on record. Brilliant and steady. Then you add the team mentality, all at under 2 mill.

Thank you Campbell. Let's keep it going. Forget 10. Let's go 20 now.

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
upload_2021-4-7_21-31-19.jpeg

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
Do you give Jack the next game off or ride the hot hand into the next game Vs Ottawa ?

personally I think we rest him let him enjoy the win and let Hutchison have the net for one game

Jack can play vs MTL again next Monday possibly against Price

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Do you give Jack the next game off or ride the hot hand into the next game Vs Ottawa ?

personally I think we rest him let him enjoy the win and let Hutchison have the net for one game

Jack can play vs MTL again next Monday possibly against Price

It's a 2 day break and I doubt he wants that much time between games, especially when he is on a hot streak. I think he will want to go. If we want to rest him, we can rest him against Montreal and put Hutch in that game so Campbell gets the Flames on the second half of the B2B.

Reactions: The Cobra

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
He definitely has an entertaining style.. has a throw-back style - kind of like Cujo. Doesn't do the butterfly quite right and never gives up on a play ie stack pad moves. It's fun to watch him battle. Andersen never appeared to have alot of battle in him.

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
He definitely has an entertaining style.. has a throw-back style - kind of like Cujo. Doesn't do the butterfly quite right and never gives up on a play ie stack pad moves. It's fun to watch him battle. Andersen never appeared to have alot of battle in him.

yeah Jack Campbell is like the greatest hits of all our best goalies. A bit of Potvin’s reflexes in there, Cujo’s tenacity, Reimer’s happy go lucky persona, and Johnny Bower’s humility. Terry Sawchuk’s timelessness. And Ed Belfour’s beard. He’s got a camaraderie that I have never seen before however that is mutually expressed and reciprocated by his teammates. Possibly a legend in the making

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017

He is one of those naturally gifted goalies that relies on his skills to stop the puck, instead of relying on positioning and size to block the net and make the save like our boy fred

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
What is especially promising is that much of his play should be sustainable as long as he keeps playing about as well as the defense in front of him.

He has a 1.68 GA/60 in all situations in the past 9 games, which is insane and likely to go up at some point, but the Leafs are also a stingy 2.04 xGA/60 in those same 9 games... So Campbell would still be doing exceptionally well even if he was only matching the defense in front of him.

And it is not like we are only playing well in front of Campbell either. We are a 2.28 xGA/60 in all situations in front of Andersen (and Andersen is part of the reason it is even that high if you are looking at some of the easy rebounds he gives up) but he has a 2.91 GA/60. Effectively, he is in the territory of goalies who are single-handedly sinking their teams right now. Not quite Hart or Murray bad, but Elliott bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad