Post-Game Talk: Jack Campbell is a Toronto Maple Leaf. Leafs win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
> Great goaltending, Campbell is the man
> Muzzin and Holl had a bounce back game, Muzzin was great
> Marner and Matthews looked dangerous all night
> That specific 4th line looked really solid. Spezza's hockey IQ is so high
> This was actually not as sharp of a game as the previous 3-4 when it came to defense
> Counting the days until Matthews can start shooting again like before, its frustrating as hell

It wasn't even great goaltending. He made maybe two big saves (the SH breakaway and stack pad save) and the rest were all pretty routine or being in position. We're so accustomed to Andersen lately letting in random shots or flukey goals in while being sub-average. Rittchie was a whole lot busier for most of the game.

Matthews will blow up again. He'll get another 5 days rest for his wrist. He's got 5 or so posts last few games. Game of inches.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Goaltending now addressed.
time to get a forward with serious presence. Can’t have just 1. Ideally two more are needed

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
So you personally know what to do for John Tavares specifically, and you know better then Keefe.

I'll trust Keefe on this one.

I'm assuming you have a certification as a grammar coach as well ?

well I am also an Ontario certified teacher, so technically I have my certification in correcting grammar as well.

I don’t know JT personally, but I do know his confidence is probably low, he’s probably frustrated and it’s wearing on him. He seemed most at ease playing with Marner. So in order to recreate the feelings of success he previously had, it would be beneficial to give him time with Marner. Allow him to feel like he did a season ago to get him going and gain confidence again.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
giphy.gif
Near perfect.

Reactions: Stigma

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Read way too much bs from you Freddy apologists lately not to.

Well excuse me for saying that I'd like another goalie, Freddie has been playing poorly for a long time now but not every single goal is his fault. If that sets you off then perhaps you're too easily offended.

Reactions: NikoEhlers

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Holtby has looked good in this Nux/Habs game. I still say trade Freddy for him as insurance in the playoffs. Take Virtanen or Dipietro with him.

Holtby is done. He was a fantasric goalie and I'm a big fan, but he is not a quality goalie anymore.

Freddie has been bad/mediocre for 1.5 years and people want to crucify them. Holtby has been bad for the majority of his last 4 years other than washingtons cup win 4 years ago where he wasnt even the starter to begin the playoffs.

I love the guy, but he's not a high quality player at this point and it'd be stupid to trade for a guy that is signed through next year when we could use that capspace.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
I don't get people who hate on any of our players and it's kind of sad that some people can't just enjoy the win tonight without taking more shots at Andersen. The guy didn't play tonight, give it a rest FFS.

Never kick a man when he's down (unless he's a real you know what).

Freddie bailed out this team for a couple of years. He was lights out some of those games dealing with multiple 2 on 1s and breaks every game. Sometimes a goalie just loses his groove. Other times they find it suddenly. If not here, somewhere else.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Noice! Honestly played just as well as we did in most of our losses, but got the goaltending. We were the better team tonight, as we have been most nights during this slide.

Campbell should start for the foreseeable future. Sounds like Andersen is injured, if Campbell is healthy and playing well, Freddy shouldn’t play much.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
It wasn't even great goaltending. He made maybe two big saves (the SH breakaway and stack pad save) and the rest were all pretty routine or being in position. We're so accustomed to Andersen lately letting in random shots or flukey goals in while being sub-average.

Matthews will blow up again. He'll get another 5 days rest for his wrist. He's got 5 or so posts last few games. Game of inches.
I mean we've actually played some of the best defensive hockey ever in the Matthews era in this month of March but it's coincided with the worst goaltending we've received since Toskala.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
so your goaltender makes key saves, plays calm and the team wins. Your PK struggles and guess what your goalie fights thru screens and makes saves making your PK perfect.

Nothing like a guy with confidence in net. YOu can just tell the mental state that Cambpell plays with and Andersen is a mental midget in nets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad