Post-Game Talk: Jack Campbell is a Toronto Maple Leaf. Leafs win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
reminds me of washingtons cup season where holtby played like trash and was replaced midseason by grubauer, then came back in postseason and won the cup.

Reactions: 123offtheglass

18leafsfan18

Jul 28, 2012
Ontario
just a bit of banter and discussion, I don’t take it personally at all man. I think people are being a bit hard on Tavares, but he does have an 11 mill cap hit so the expectations are going to be high

Trust me I love Tavares, was super pumped when he signed and he played amazing for a couple years, but this year he has been bad.

Let's just hope he can turn it around.

Leaf4Life79

Jun 30, 2018
St. Thomas, ON
Why you hating... just enjoy the win.

I'm an Andy supporter but 100% Campbell gets the net right now.

I just prefer not to throw every leaf under the bus.

He hasn't been good but let's be honest its like there is more Andy hate than leafs win and good for Campbell.

Brah..... Andersen has single handedly responsible for our losing streak, the guy can't stop a beach ball, out of position 90 percent of the time, down on his knees leaving the 3rd top of the net for the taking ALL the time.. nah man... I say he goes on waivers or if Dubas can try and get something for him, do it.. and look for an upgrade on him and make Campbell our starter. He has had too many chances, time to say goodbye.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Brah..... Andersen has single handedly responsible for our losing streak, the guy can't stop a beach ball, out of position 90 percent of the time, down on his knees leaving the 3rd top of the net for the taking ALL the time.. nah man... I say he goes on waivers or if Dubas can try and get something for him, do it.. and look for an upgrade on him and make Campbell our starter. He has had too many chances, time to say goodbye.

Brah, don't be ridiculous. Our PP has been scoring at about a 5% rate during this run, that's just one example. Unless you think it doesn't matter whether we ever score on the PP or not.

Reactions: saltming

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Never kick a man when he's down (unless he's a real you know what).

Freddie bailed out this team for a couple of years. He was lights out some of those games dealing with multiple 2 on 1s and breaks every game. Sometimes a goalie just loses his groove. Other times they find it suddenly. If not here, somewhere else.

Unless he makes comments like this when he lost the team the game based every possible metric

He's become very unlikeable. Acts like it's the teams fault every time he loses. There's a reason Keefe is coming out and holding him accountable now too.

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Now if Campbell didn't step up to the occasion, and Fred continued to crap the bed, we'd likely need to take a chance on a goalie before the deadline. But now if we have confidence in Campbell (which we should, at least give him some starts and see), do we keep Fred or move him out for a cheaper but good backup that allows us to have way more money to add to our roster? Odds are we just keep him, he's apart of the locker room & 2 weeks of goalie quarantine is likely hard on a goalie. The main thing is we have Campbell & a very good team in front of him.

Campbell should be at least capable starter that can win us games, but if he keeps playing like that (& how he was prior to) he could be even more for us. I'm eating Campbell's soup before all games now can't stop now.

Reactions: Eric bungay

Bellefour20

Jan 25, 2021
Sunshine Coast, British Columbia
Holtby is done. He was a fantasric goalie and I'm a big fan, but he is not a quality goalie anymore.

Freddie has been bad/mediocre for 1.5 years and people want to crucify them. Holtby has been bad for the majority of his last 4 years other than washingtons cup win 4 years ago where he wasnt even the starter to begin the playoffs.

I love the guy, but he's not a high quality player at this point and it'd be stupid to trade for a guy that is signed through next year when we could use that capspace.
In a game 7 in these coming playoffs, you'd go with Andersen over Holtby? There are ways to get around his second year, as this team has shown.

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Ebbs and flows. Despite the non-stop panic in the GDT I thought Matthews has been shooting much better these last couple nights. And now he's got another 4 days to rest too.
Looked way less timid he wanted the puck to blast, I think once he got comfortable and pissed off he began getting back to himself like in the first 2 games of the season, then he broke the ice and the scoring flood gates opened.

Reactions: Gallagbi

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
It’s just amazing how much battle and athleticism Campbell has. That double stack hasek pad save was vintage. You would NEVER see that form Andersieve, he would just say it got through traffic.

Reactions: Dangles McGavin

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
That’s solid goaltending. Amazing what it can do for the confidence of the team. Campbell has been terrific. That two pad stack save reminded me of Palmateer in the 7th game of the ‘78 series against the Islanders. Good omen going forward.

Reactions: cipher

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Good win. Still a few sloppy give aways leading to chances, but overall a very solid game from the entire team. Top line(s) struggling to find the back of the net, thankfully we have Vintage to take care of things. Hyman's not bad either eh?

Still liked Galy's game tonight. Holl, Muzzin and Brody were stellar imo. Jack did all he was supposed to do, easy peasy for the most part, but he made 2-3 excellent stops to keep the momentum on our side. Assume he starts on THU, if not, people are lying to themselves.

This sets us up well vs OTT on Thursday to get back on a bit of a run!!

NikoEhlers

May 2, 2013
Aalborg, Denmark
Didnt really make any mistakes, other than the Rielly turnover that Gaudreau fired over, pretty good bounce back game for the leafs. Jack should be able to go on a run now with this confidence, and give Freddy time to get healthy again.

Also not a big fan of the ppl in Leafs Nations who seems to be more focused on kicking somebody whos down. Dont know why this is such a big problem in Leafs nation, I cant even compare it to fans from other sports, you just dont see it anywhere like here. Normally there is a great deal of respect to players that has played for you and been a big profile. The toxicity in this fan base needs to be called out man, and when I do I get called an "andersen apoligist" or some bs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad