Jérémy Roy (31st overall)

Le Rosbeef

Jul 27, 2007
Just finished this book, a good read for sure. Some talk on Sharks propsects from that time which I found interesting. I am suprised at what an old boys network scouting was back then, cant help but think that advanced stats is gonna change this, if it hasnt already.

Outstanding book. Must agree.

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
Just finished this book, a good read for sure. Some talk on Sharks propsects from that time which I found interesting. I am suprised at what an old boys network scouting was back then, cant help but think that advanced stats is gonna change this, if it hasnt already.

Yea I am close to finished with it as well. Loving the small excerpts about Couture and Petrecki. Very good book overall.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California

They've been using them but old school hands on scouting will never go away.

UncMike

Feb 13, 2012
http://streamable.com/43f9

Roy sent up a pretty gnarly suicide pass to McCann :/

I guess McCann looked like he really wanted the puck but wasn't the best idea to give it to him.

McCann is down for the rest of camp.....
Roy as well as all of Canada's dmen aren't impressing many at the showcase so far.....how did he look at the development camp earlier this month?

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Roy as well as all of Canada's dmen aren't impressing many at the showcase so far.....how did he look at the development camp earlier this month?

He was alright. Pretty nondescript but that goes for all the defensemen there.

Le Rosbeef

Jul 27, 2007
He's a Sharks prospect who isn't in the NHL yet. Quick, let's start the witch hunt! ;)

Los Tiburones

Jun 11, 2002
Visit site

Didn't look that bad to me (the pass - not the hit). The guy didn't take the pass well and kept his head down for a couple beats too long. Also, the hit would be suspendable in the NHL now. And he sucks, because he's a Nucks prospect.

Zarzh

Jun 30, 2015
Probably won't make it because it's on the big ice. But I haven't been overly impressed with any of the defense and it's a summer camp.

UncMike

Feb 13, 2012
Probably won't make it because it's on the big ice. But I haven't been overly impressed with any of the defense and it's a summer camp.

Was he in the lineup tonight?
Checking on other boards but he isn't mentioned at all.....

Used As A Shield

Aug 10, 2011
He was in the lineup. Didn't catch this game but guessing he didn't do much as I don't see anything on here or Twitter.

I only caught parts of it but it sounded like he took a big hit or was injured somehow in the first and then came back in later.

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
I sure hope he pans out. I have yet to see one decent video of this kid to make me have hope of him being a #1 d, or even a top 4.

I'm only a YouTube scout though so I reserve the right to be totally wrong.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I sure hope he pans out. I have yet to see one decent video of this kid to make me have hope of him being a #1 d, or even a top 4.

Don't worry he is the "golden boy" pick on this board which means he will be a career ahl'er with a handful of games for the sharks.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010

I thought he looked pretty good in the chl prospects game

Boy Hedican

Jul 12, 2006
Earff
I thought he looked pretty good in the chl prospects game

That's great! Really. I'm honestly just going off what I've seen since we drafted him and nothing has looked spectacular. Again, this doesn't mean a whole lot but it's easy to find great clips of other high rated picks. I really want to see his poise and creativity at the blue line, but have yet to find it.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
That's great! Really. I'm honestly just going off what I've seen since we drafted him and nothing has looked spectacular. Again, this doesn't mean a whole lot but it's easy to find great clips of other high rated picks. I really want to see his poise and creativity at the blue line, but have yet to find it.

Defensemen aren't going to get a lot of that kind of tape, I think. I dunno. I'm with you. What I've seen of Roy looks borderline terrible. I thought the same of Vanier too and people were saying he was a steal. All I can do is trust people's opinions that have seen these guys much more, and trust the SJ staff to develop them when they get ahold of them.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Defensemen aren't going to get a lot of that kind of tape, I think. I dunno. I'm with you. What I've seen of Roy looks borderline terrible. I thought the same of Vanier too and people were saying he was a steal. All I can do is trust people's opinions that have seen these guys much more, and trust the SJ staff to develop them when they get ahold of them.

If those people keep on getting it wrong, why would you trust them?

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013

Looking back on it, I find it pretty funny that alot of people loved the Rod and Vanier picks last year, and disliked the Sadowy/Labanc picks.

Boy Hedican

Jul 12, 2006
Earff

I'm not expecting a highlight reel like a forward would have, but there's still many things one could look out for in a dman. But I'm not gonna freak out until we see him in action. Just wish I felt better about it!

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Looking back on it, I find it pretty funny that alot of people loved the Rod and Vanier picks last year, and disliked the Sadowy/Labanc picks.

Did people really dislike those picks? I remember everybody being pretty positive about the draft except for like Schoenborn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad