IX. Texas Stars (AHL) Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Down 0-3 .... I'll check the box score to decide whether not to watch the rest. Going over to Dallas.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
4-0. Rynnas pulled for Jack. Looks like Rynnas won't play tomorrow afterall.

Edit: That last goal was all Rynnas. He may have a slight excuse of Fortunus blocking his sight but it was still bad.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
End of the 2nd. 4-1 LE. Texas looking better but man the passes are anything but crisp

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
And Texas goal called off because Pickard got bumped behind the net and couldn't get back. Not sure how I feel about that.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Stars get another to make it 4-2. Good drive by Honka to the net to draw everyone down and the shot rebounds back to meech you scores.

Texas finally waking up and playing better, offensively at least. Jack looking good too.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
So with a defense this bad, pulling the goalie is probably a bad idea. Especially if Fortunus is your back man.

You should be able to predict what I say next. LE scores an empty netter.

And now a really weird scrum. That was strange. Stransky took a large hit on the boards. Stransky gives a small hit while getting up. A couple of seconds another LE guy goes up to Stransky and throws a weak elbow. Gaunce comes in and the LE guy just swings at Gaunce. Doesn't even drop glvoes just starts throwing punches. That was......weird.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
End of game. LE wins 5-2. They play again tomorrow. Hopefully they show up tomorrow. And not part way through the game like tonight.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
It was worse. At least the Dallas game was competitive and they got a point. Texas looked......bad, just really really bad.

Honka did not have a good game at all, pinching at the wrong times or being out of position or just not able to keep up.

Klingberg wasn't too bad.

The defensive vets were just...****. Bad passing, bad decision making, just plain bad.

Offense was a bit better but not by much. Too many no look passes to nowhere. Not able to keep on the puck. Best two lines were probably Dowling's and Smith's. Morin's line looked anemic at times with Nuke still being cautious with his injury. Faksa's line was weighed down by Glennie while Rallo was meh.

Rynnas got lit up quickly. Not entirely his fault but he can't go unblamed either. He made some significant saves and then gave up some soft ones.

Jack looked better this time around but he did have the help of a time that was playing marginally better. He's still putting himself out of positions at times and scrambling quite a bit.

Right now I have confidence that they can figure something out. IT's only like 8 games in. But that confidence is pretty shaky at the moment :/

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Try #2 against LE.

Looks like some shakeup the lineup.

But first LE scores just a little over 2 min in with Hishon getting behind the defense on what looks like a bad change. Had all the time in the world to deke Jack out.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Jesus another score by LE as Honka mishandles the puck right in front of Jack and LE player beats Wrenn from behind the net to score.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Ok, I think I finally see lines, Hopefully they don't score again while I type this out.

McKenzie-Morin-Nuke
Ranford-Faksa-Ritchie
Henderson-Peters-Glennie
Hulak-Smith-Rallo (oops not Stransky)

D pairs may be changed up too.

Texas on a power player, they need to do something here.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Looks defense got shook up also.

Honka-Meech
Gaunce-Wrenn
Klingberg-Fortunus.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Klingberg just made LE his toys on 4-on-4 play as he moves the puck up from the point and around one guy. TWICE. Missed the first time, second time he took it across the front of the crease the second time and scores.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
End of first, 2-1 LE. They're looking much better than last night. Especially after the second goal.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Klingberg just made LE his toys on 4-on-4 play as he moves the puck up from the point and around one guy. TWICE. Missed the first time, second time he took it across the front of the crease the second time and scores.

That was such a great sequence, and you're right the no goal was just as impressive. He looks so good offensively. That assist to set up the OT winner on Wednesday was a great example of his hockey sense as well.

This guy is NHL ready for the offensive zone. Dallas' 2nd PP needs this guy, but he's got some work to do in the defensive zone before he's ready. I think they'll rush him a bit though because of his right shot. Wouldn't surprise me at least. If you could give Klingberg Jokipakka's defensive zone play .... :).

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
That was such a great sequence, and you're right the no goal was just as impressive. He looks so good offensively. That assist to set up the OT winner on Wednesday was a great example of his hockey sense as well.

This guy is NHL ready for the offensive zone. Dallas' 2nd PP needs this guy, but he's got some work to do in the defensive zone before he's ready. I think they'll rush him a bit though because of his right shot. Wouldn't surprise me at least. If you could give Klingberg Jokipakka's defensive zone play .... :).

At this point if any of these guys could have Jokipakka's defenzive zone play.....*sigh*

Yeah Klingberg is ready offensively for the NHL, hopefully they don't rush him too quickly or he'll be another Goligoski.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Great backcheck by Hulak. Once again, Smith's line is looking the best so far. I think my excitement for Smith is paying off.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Think we just saw why Nuke needs the conditioning assignment. Tries to do his skate towards the net from the right side move and couldn't beat his guy speed wise or physically.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
LE scores again as Honka tries to pass it out of the zone and the puck goes straight to the stick of the forechecker leading to a good minute of scrambling by the Stars and then a delayed penalty. Klingberg loses his stick and LE gets a crosspass score on Campbell who couldn't do a damn thing and actually kept Stars in it.

Maggio and Wrenn drop gloves. Maggio has been wanting to do something all game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad