IX. Texas Stars (AHL) Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Texas penalties are killing them again. Somehow they are on a 5 on 3 kill less than 2 minutes into the game.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Yeah saw that. Not wholly undeserved

For sure deserved. At least one or two softies. Team was still terrible. They don't look much better early on down a goal.

Hangover, hangover, hangover. It's better than the alternative.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Meech is awful. Honka actually keeps ups and takes his man to the net. Meech falls down trying to keep up so Honka tries to then pick up Meech's guy, and the Monster and Honka both collide as the Monster scores.

I don't really agree with the refs. That looked like a good goal but they waived it off

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Gaunce turned the puck over at the defensive blueline .... leads to a great scoring chance.

The veterans are the worst on this team. Fortunus was the reason they went down two men less than 2 minutes into the game.

That is very frustrating. They're supposed to be leaders on the team.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Klingberg fought off two forecheckers to successfully get the puck out of the zone ... leads to some good zone time by 3rd line. Faksa set up Rallo for nice one timer.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Followed up with a shift by the first line entirely in the defensive zone. Two good saves by Rynnas, but I didn't catch the D pair.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
I wonder if it's something about Laxdal or the vets just purely sucking and how much they were propped up by Oleksiak, Jokipakka, and Nemeth.

Looks lines are

McKenzie-Moring-Nuke
Ranford-Dowling-Ritchie
Rallo-Faksa-Glennie
Henderson?-Smith-Stransky.

And jesus what was Morin doing there just circle around while the Monsters just have their way?

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Not sure if Cleveland dancers look more like strippers or the strippers who tried to be dancers in the Replacements.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
3rd and 4th line with the best zone time so far tonight.

Disappointed in Stransky. He gets stick checked easily in the zone. Then he allows himself to easily get shoved off the puck and down to the ice. That was his bread and butter last year.

Fortunus is a dolt. Ices the puck from behind his own damn net. These vet D ......

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Hoping Stransky hasn't been totally corrupted by Glennie.

Nuke is looking a little tentative.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
If I'm too harsh on the D tonight ... it's because I've mostly bit my tongue hoping they'd turn it around.

In a matter of freaking seconds. Meech puts a cross ice pass behind Dowling from blueline to blueline. Dowling can't catch it clean because he's reaching for it resulting in a turnover.

Seconds later, Wrenn of all people, completes the same pass in stride to Ritchie as he breaks easily into the zone.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Yeah, those guys are the reason I haven't been totally bagging on the goalies the last few games. D has played like absolute crap.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Meech with some good work to shake a forechecker behind the net, and then Klingberg fumbles the puck resulting in a scoring chance.

Honka got overpowered at the offensive blueline, but the 2nd line backchecks hard to neuter the counterattack. Didn't see the number but one of the forwards stickchecked a wide open guy in the slot. For dangerous shot if he had gotten it off.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Welp...that was bad. Honka just got beat and Gaunce trying to poke it...that was bad.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Yeah, those guys are the reason I haven't been totally bagging on the goalies the last few games. D has played like absolute crap.

Agreed.

Klingberg allows his guy to beat him wide and crash the net. Rynnas puts on a show and stops him.

Ensuing faceoff, ooooff. Honka and Gaunce get beat by one Monster who wins the loss by jumping the defenders and scoring on Rynnas.

Awful period mercifully ends.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Sadly, this is how every first period since Jokipakka has left has been.

Rooks playing like Rooks and Vets playing like they don't care anymore.

Cold Medicine

Apr 4, 2014
So I was just looking at the AHL rule book and apparently the home team chooses the length of the intermission—it can be between 15 and 18 minutes. How long is an intermission in Texas? Do y'all know of any teams that don't have an 18 minute intermission?

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
So I was just looking at the AHL rule book and apparently the home team chooses the length of the intermission—it can be between 15 and 18 minutes. How long is an intermission in Texas? Do y'all know of any teams that don't have an 18 minute intermission?

18. We need the max for the hot weather ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad