IX. Texas Stars (AHL) Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Honka on the offensive rush is scary. Stars get a good odd number rush and Honka shows good patience once he gets the puck to deke out a defender and get a better shot on goal. Pickard stops it and Faksa is unable to clean up the rebound. Still a good sequence of events.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Ranford scores on the powerplay with a nice wrister moving into the slot.

Think we're seeing Klingberg starting to get it offensively as he made some great moves and decisions on the powerplay.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
End of Second. 3-2 Texas. It seems like they're starting to get it but still have some ways to go. It's looking like there's an issue with backchecking, especially with the top two lines.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Texas ties it on a PPG by Ritchie with 20 seconds left. Once again it was from a primary assist from Klingberg which probably wouldn't have happened if Klingberg's stick didn't break causing his shot to trickle to Ritchie who lifts it.

OT time! I'm happy that one point was gotten out of this at least.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
LE wins in OT as the Stars turn it over in their own zone and the LE player takes through the slot and backhands it over Jack's glove. Meech turned it over and Honka was trying to play off the LE player and it looks like he was screening Campbell.

Honestly with how they've played, I'm surprised they got out of this series with a point. Still need to figure out the defensive issues.

Wilbur*

I noticed Faksa is pointless and -2 through 9 games. Is he being used in a strictly shutdown role?

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
A little hard to say right now. He might be but with how the whole team is playing I'm surprised if anyone is a positive plus/minus.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
9 points in 8 games seems like a pretty tremendous start for an offensive defenceman such as Klingberg. Has he been as good as his point totals would show?

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Offensively Klingberg has looked absolutely terrific, especially in the last few games. He still needs a little bit more work defensively though which is to be expected.

The Stars have a game tonight and Jyrki is back so we're going to see how the defense does with him back.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
It's always nice to watch the T-Stars when the Stars are playing poorly. Gives you something to look forward to at least. I think having Jokipakka back will do the team a lot of good on the backend.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
It's always nice to watch the T-Stars when the Stars are playing poorly. Gives you something to look forward to at least. I think having Jokipakka back will do the team a lot of good on the backend.

Unfortunately it has not been a nice distraction to Dallas.....the last few games have been....really bad.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Alrighty. Game time boys and girls.

From warmups we have Rynnas in net.

Lines

McKenzie-Morin-Ritchie
Ranford-Faksa-Glennie
Hulak-Smith-Rallo
Henderson-Peters-Stransky

Gaunce-Fortunus
Jokipakka-Honka
Meech-Klingberg

No word on why Dowling is out but possibly an injury.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
So far they are looking better. Fortunus getting beat is par for the course though. Rynnas looking strong so far.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
They are definitely looking better. Texas scores on a power play. Sweet pass from McKenzie to Rallo on the back door.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Faksa gets his first this season! Started with a great backcheck by Faksa in the neutral zone. Gets a break away and dekes out the goalie and goes 5 hole.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
The more I watch Ritchie, the more he seems like a benefactor of the offense created by his teammates vs. someone who can produce offense himself. I think he'll be an effective complimentary piece, but I'm not sure he's got the game-breaking skillset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad