IX. Texas Stars (AHL) Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Honka getting a lot of minutes tonight. Looks good. Some things he needs to fix defensively, but man he is quick and shifty. Definitely the most exciting player on the ice tonight...seems like it's often the case with him.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
The more I watch Ritchie, the more he seems like a benefactor of the offense created by his teammates vs. someone who can produce offense himself. I think he'll be an effective complimentary piece, but I'm not sure he's got the game-breaking skillset.

He's started off slow so far. He has shown that ability at the end of last season. You see some on occasion but he does need to have a good linemates that can feed him.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Toronto scores on a power play. It was basically all Rynnas and Jokipakka working that PK. No real help from the others as they could not clear the puck

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
The thing about Faksa I like is his consistency. He's solid almost everytime I watch him play. You know what your gonna get from him on any given night. He's kind of like a Vern Fiddler. Matter of fact, he'll make the perfect replacement for Fids in a couple years when Fiddler's contract is up.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Jokipakka is definitely the best defender out there. Though I noticed they seem to be more physical this game. Maybe Laxdal is realizing he needed to change some things. Before this they were much more focused on stick checking it seemed.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Jokipakka is very good. Hopefully he gets more time with the big club this season.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Texas playing a whole lot better. I think Laxdal has adjusted his coaching. The guys are a lot more physical than the last few games.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
3-1! Empty netter! I didn't see who had the puck, but they passed it to Ritchie instead of taking the goal, so classy.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Toronto pulls their goalie and Morin gets a breakaway and drops to Ritchie for the ENG. McKenzie gives Ritchie a high five that is so hard it knocks off Ritchies glove.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Toronto pulls their goalie and Morin gets a breakaway and drops to Ritchie for the ENG. McKenzie gives Ritchie a high five that is so hard it knocks off Ritchies glove.

I thought it was Morin, just wasn't sure. He could have easily taken it, so cool he gave it to Ritchie.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
So yeah Rynnas is becoming a huge fan favorite. He was fist pumping and urging everyone to cheer louder on the ENG. And when announced as second star he was like a cheerleader pumping up the crowd to see who should get the shirt they toss out for being stars.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
He's so enthusiastic after a win that you can't help but like him. And he plays really well. Looks the whole team did also.

He really should get a chance in Dallas.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
What's happening with Jack Campbell ?

Fans are still high on him ? What about your GM's opinion ?

When will he be in the NHL ?

Thanks guys.

Nothing is happening with Jack. He's had some injury issues last season and somewhat inconsistent to the start of this season.

Fans love him here in Austin. Seriously, you should hear the roar he gets when he gets announced.

Nill has consistently said that Jack needs playing time in the AHL. He's still young (22) and Nill is of the Detroit ilk in not rushing guys.

Realistically, we're probably looking at maybe 2 years from now to backing up Kari. Ideally he'd win the backup job next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->