Boston Bruins IX-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Not !

Marchand is one of the best 5 players in the world.

Johnny Hockey is a very good player but he's not on the level that Marchand is.
he had 99 points 2 seasons ago. he has more career points per game than Marchand and is quite a bit younger. Did Marchand have almost 500 career points at 27?

Marchand is incredible but don't be a homer.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
he had 99 points 2 seasons ago. he has more career points per game than Marchand and is quite a bit younger. Did Marchand have almost 500 career points at 27?

Im not being a homer lol

Gaudreau is a very good player Ill give you that but he's not close to Marchand. There's a lot more to the game than points and Marchand brings it all.

Marchand has been the top left winger in the game for some time now and that s because he's electrifying offensively and is one of the best defensive forwards in the game.

Gaudreau a good player but he's not in Marchand's class.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
how come everything you say is dripping with sarcasm but I say something sarcastic about Krejci and get an earnest defense

you're preaching to the choir, I'm one of the biggest Krejci fans here

as for Gaudreau I think he'd be electric with Krejci. I like Debrusk but I still do that move. I don't get paid to care about the cap but maybe he gets Krejci's money in a couple years and plays alongside the cheap Studnicka
I was being sarcastic to your sarcastic we are on same page - my problem is I’m on the HF Sim Chat site, text group, and being controlled by my dog as I’m doing all this and has become the master

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Either he once said hello to Chiarelli in a hallway or he touched one of Chris Kelley’s sticks.
Hey you up for Grassfields and some Merrimack or Lowell HE games next fall ?

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018

Im not being a homer lol

Gaudreau is a very good player Ill give you that but he's not close to Marchand. There's a lot more to the game than points and Marchand brings it all.

Marchand has been the top left winger in the game for some time now and that s because he's electrifying offensively and is one of the best defensive forwards in the game.

Gaudreau a good player but he's not in Marchand's class.
And to add on to that in the last 3 years Marchand had 272 Points in 217 while Gaudreau had 241 points in 234 games.

Reactions: Gordoff and TCB

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Looch would be giving us just what Ritchie is and more. Who cares about the money we don't use the extra anyway

Except that Lucic is a consistent physical presence every game, he has been one of Calgary's best players all year. If Ritchie only had Lucic's passion for physical play Boston would have a special player on their hands because his hands and hockey smarts are excellent.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
how come everything you say is dripping with sarcasm but I say something sarcastic about Krejci and get an earnest defense

you're preaching to the choir, I'm one of the biggest Krejci fans here

as for Gaudreau I think he'd be electric with Krejci. I like Debrusk but I still do that move. I don't get paid to care about the cap but maybe he gets Krejci's money in a couple years and plays alongside the cheap Studnicka

To be fair, my sarcasm meter is very efficient and when I first read your post, I thought: “sarcasm”, then I read it again and wondered if I was right, then I read it a third time and fully appreciated the effort.

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Hey you up for Grassfields and some Merrimack or Lowell HE games next fall ?

Absolutely!

Daughter’s apartment is 50 yards or so from Tsongas.

You need to bring at least a guy or two from your vaunted text group though.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Except that Lucic is a consistent physical presence every game, he has been one of Calgary's best players all year. If Ritchie only had Lucic's passion for physical play Boston would have a special player on their hands because his hands and hockey smarts are excellent.
lol has Lucic changed since his days here? The guy I remember would loaf through half the season. Like...the biggest criticism of Lucic was that he wasn't consistent or engaged all the time.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
And to add on to that in the last 3 years Marchand had 272 Points in 217 while Gaudreau had 241 points in 234 games.
Gaudreau is gonna finish his career with more points than Marchand and a much worse supporting cast.

both are gonna be hall of famers, this debate is honestly stupid. who cares which one is slightly better than the other one? the point is that Gaudreau on this team would be transformative. You literally double your production at 2nd line LW.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
The blueprint for what we've seen DK have the most success with is not a Johnny Gaudreau archetype, just sayin'. Also not saying they wouldn't be successful together, necessarily, but it doesn't match past success in the form of big, shoot-first power forward types.

Gaudreau would be here a lot longer now than Krejci would be due to age so I wouldn’t factor in a mismatch with Krejci if it came to acquiring a Gaudreau.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I really think this teams needs a trade more than ever and for a legit stud. They need someone who can come in and Carry a line. We've been dieing for one here on the boards it seems like forever, but now its more than pretty apparent the team is as well.

Its tough when you lose a Johansson, a Krug, and a Big Z and then when a Backes, Belesky and Nash relatively all failed here for one reason or another, with nothing in return to show for any of them.

All those guys with no replacement for them, no help brought in or any real help insight in the system. Add to this giving up future assets for nothing in return. This team needs a jolt, a legit weapon to give it a new life, now more than ever.

Last edited:

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

I don't think that is remotely close to accurate.

Reactions: Lo97 and bbfan419

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
The blueprint for what we've seen DK have the most success with is not a Johnny Gaudreau archetype, just sayin'. Also not saying they wouldn't be successful together, necessarily, but it doesn't match past success in the form of big, shoot-first power forward types.
My guess is Gaudreau would outlast Krejci here, and maybe this cat/mouse game of finding him the "right" wingers would evolve into finding out next center(s), which we'll have to do in the near future anyways.

Reactions: Lo97 and Gordoff

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Gaudreau has regressed. Not elite anymore.
having a tough season but think he put up almost 60 pts in 70 games last year which is pretty darn good. Seems like the Flames were a hot mess first half of this year, actually they seem to have many of the B`s issues with the players you expect to produce not doing so with JG being one of them. I haven`t ever put him in the elite category but I tend to be really unforgiving when it comes to whom I classify as elite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad