Boston Bruins IX-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
I’d take Marchand over Gaudreau without a 2nd thought

I’ll take both of them too though
Two different types of players.
Marchand will take a big hit or give a big hit to create a scoring chance, Gaudreau will never do that.
Both are very good offensively.
Marchand is an above average penalty killer, JG is not.
I take Marchand as well without a second thought.

Reactions: bbfan419 and CDJ

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I really think this teams needs a trade more than ever and for a legit stud. They need someone who can come in and Carry a line. We've been dieing for one here on the boards it seems like forever, but now its more than pretty apparent the team is as well.

Its tough when you lose a Johansson, a Krug, and a Big Z and then when a Backes, Belesky and Nash relatively all failed here for one reason or another, with nothing in return to show for any of them.

All those guys with no replacement for them, no help brought in or any real help insight in the system. Add to this giving up future assets for nothing in return. This team needs a jolt, a legit weapon to give it a new life, now more than ever.
The big changes promised to us after last seasons lackluster playoffs. Better late than never, I suppose.

Reactions: Baddkarma and TCB

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
having a tough season but think he put up almost 60 pts in 70 games last year which is pretty darn good. Seems like the Flames were a hot mess first half of this year, actually they seem to have many of the B`s issues with the players you expect to produce not doing so with JG being one of them. I haven`t ever put him in the elite category but I tend to be really unforgiving when it comes to whom I classify as elite.

I'd say he is the most offensively gifted winger that has been mentioned here as a trade possibility.

Reactions: Dr Hook

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I'd say he is the most offensively gifted winger that has been mentioned here as a trade possibility.
for sure, not sure what his stats have been since Sutter took over but I`m wondering if it`s helped his game?

The guy has tons of talent, wouldn`t turn my back on a trade for him for the right price

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
lol has Lucic changed since his days here? The guy I remember would loaf through half the season. Like...the biggest criticism of Lucic was that he wasn't consistent or engaged all the time.

I've seen a ton of Calgary games this year and he is really bringing it each and every game on the Flames 3rd line, a true battering ram.

Reactions: Gordoff and TCB

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
What are the Flames attempting to do? I think the coaching change indicates that they’re trying to save their season.

They get a new coach every other year lately. At some point the players and GM have to be accountable.

Given that the NHL rumor mill is rife with off ice issues between players in Calgary and I can see them wanting a "new culture" change in the locker room.
To do that they will have to move out 2-3 big names, IMO. There was also rumor of the GM looking into doing this over the fall break last year.

Again, rumors. But if you look at the results this core has gotten in Calgary its not hard to see that something is not working. In the post-season the Flames poof out real quick consistently.

RHR37

Dec 24, 2019
Krejci has 5 assists last 3 games

the Bruins have 2 world class wingers and neither he puts with Krejci

I went back to 2018 when Bergeron went out and Krejci centered 63 & 88 and he outproduced Bergeron

all I know is Krejci is a 2 time Plsyoff point leader, Montreal scouts said in 2014 you stop Krejci you can beat Boston,

he turned Lucic into a 30 goal scorer

DeBrusk two years ago scored 27 goals with Krejci at center and pro rated because he missed 15+ games to 33

Jake DeBrusk lol

I laugh when I read the Krejci shit on Twitter and here

Yes yes and Yes.

Reactions: DKH

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I am hesitant about Gaudreau because of his lack of playoff production, however, you do have to think if he would produce more in a secondary scoring role more than he has being depended on being the primary producer for the Flames.

If both players are struggling, a basis of DeBrusk for Gaudreau (most likely more going to Calgary in this move) trade could make a lot of sense. Calgary gets a younger, cheaper, and more physical player that is known for his playoff resume. Bruins get a less physical player but is able to put the puck in the net.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I am hesitant about Gaudreau because of his lack of playoff production, however, you do have to think if he would produce more in a secondary scoring role more than he has being depended on being the primary producer for the Flames.

If both players are struggling, a basis of DeBrusk for Gaudreau (most likely more going to Calgary in this move) trade could make a lot of sense. Calgary gets a younger, cheaper, and more physical player that is known for his playoff resume. Bruins get a less physical player but is able to put the puck in the net.

If Calgary wants to go the grittier route with building around Tkachuk then DeBrusk makes sense for them over Gaudreau.
Both players need new scenery it looks to me. I think Gaudreau could be good in Boston. Not sure how well the fit with Krejci would be though, would have to try a Gaudreau-Krejci-Smith line and see how that works.

As has been stated above, though. Krejci tends to do better with larger wingers. On the other hand, when he took over for Bergeron he and Marchand did fine together.

So, let the debate roll on.

Reactions: Gordoff

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I wouldn’t give up a 1st for a guy with limited offensive skill. If they want size, we could just call some big guy up from the minors to give him a thrill before he ends up bagging groceries next year. He’s just not very good. I remember in his draft year when he said he was going to be a more-skilled Lucic. I never saw it and I thought he’d be a guy who would never be a top 6 player.
Agree, pass on Crouse.

Reactions: Gordoff and TCB

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I believe Sutter. That's why he's there too many passengers on that team on a Nightly basis,treliving brought him in attempt to end the free-rides.

Maybe Johnny hockey will find is way out. Id rather have Monihan in a Bruin Uni but Im guessing they move out a passenger or two. I've Watched a handful of their games and they have quite a few passengersbut two guys, at least on the games I've seen who never take a night off are Ryan and Tkachuk.

looch has played pretty good as well, he's not washed up by no means he's a 3rd-4th liner but he's still very effective in that role, and For everyone here who wants Bennet, there's games where he's absolutely invisible.
Would like to get Monahan and Lindholm.

Reactions: TCB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad