IX. General Stars Talk Always Lands on its Feet

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I couldn't be happier to see this picture:

Bqa6Gb-CcAAQhVJ.jpg

Val and Brenden back in Dallas busting their ass. Their development over the summer and the steps they take next year could mean the difference between fighting for a last playoff spot and going into the playoffs comfortably.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Nice. Val has a frame to be able to add a decent amount of weight without losing mobility.

MetalGodAOD*

That is really interesting Val's back already. You'd think he's spend longer in Russia. Great to see.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
Impressive to see a teenager like Nichushkin so dedicated to improving his game, but I wish he would have taken a longer vacation. Jim Nill seemed to suggest that they thought he needed a bit of a rest.

MetalGodAOD*

It's mid-June, there's no saying he can't or won't still be taking time off somewhere. Maybe he's just in Dallas for a few weeks between trips, we have no idea.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
I know when talking to Kritter while I was in Phoenix that they were giving him 6 weeks off right after the season. No working out, no skating etc etc.

Maybe he'll get a little more after this stint. But 6 weeks seems like enough time.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
I mean, I really don't think it'd take much longer than 2 weeks for any athlete to be fully rested (injuries aside) physically and mentally. I don't think Val needs much rest, but the constant games had to be mentally exhausting.

TestGrave

Nov 30, 2013
Central Florida
I'm seening this as very positive... Although he probably needed some rest, he'll probably take it over the course of the summer...
After all he is an athelete who is very committed, think of your favourite hobby/thing to do, I really don't think Nuke can stay away from it that long without getting the feeling, "okay, now I really have to get back to it"... 6 weeks straight might be a long time for someone who is committed to his or her goals :)

Heck, I love my major and I almost can't stand it for more than a few days without opening a book if I think I can get more experience/knowledge in my field of study.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
I mean, I really don't think it'd take much longer than 2 weeks for any athlete to be fully rested (injuries aside) physically and mentally. I don't think Val needs much rest, but the constant games had to be mentally exhausting.

Considering the dude literally played from fall 2012 straight through to the end of the playoffs this year, he definitely needed a long rest.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
These guys don't know the benefit of squats and cheeseburgers.

:sarcasm: for those who didn't get it

ColeJ

Nov 4, 2007
Waxahachie, Texas
my mancrush on val nichushkin knows no bounds. i was so glad to see him already back in dallas, working out. he is a professional with a good head on his shoulders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad