IX. General Stars Talk Always Lands on its Feet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Interesting. 100Degree hockey guy says Bill and Ruff are here in CPC tonight. Texas is playing Rochester.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Probably a scheduled trip. Taking advantage of the proximity to give the top decision makers a chance to evaluate first-hand.

I hope they're asking themselves whether McKenzie and Jokipakka could help the NHL club if vets get dealt.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson

Too busy preparing for tomorrow night. :nod::laugh:

jello_shots1.jpg

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Barry Melrose just dummying names in that video from the article

"Jimmy Benn" our favorite 3rd cousin
"Newchoochin"

Great article though. Cool to hear Peverley's thoughts on the trade.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
That was a good article.
I think we all knew it, but one thing stood out:

What's even more impressive about the production between the two is that they've done so well at even strength. Of Seguin's 42 points, only 11 have come on the power play. Of Benn's 39 points, only eight have come with the man-advantage.

Can't wait for them to get that PP going and challenge for those top scoring positions. Now they get about 22-23% of their points on the PP opposed to guys like P. Kane, Sharp, Kunitz, and Crosby who score around 35% of their points on the PP.

If they had around the same numbers, they would be just shy of 50points. Excited for the future!

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
But it's also possible that they're simply not as good PP players as others who score at a higher rate.

Primetimey*

As for charges that he’s not as serious about hockey as he is about hockey-related nightlife, teammate and consummate professional Shawn Horcoff has seen absolutely nothing to support them.

“He goes out about half as much as I’ve expected a kid his age to,” said the former Oilers captain. “He picks his spots at the right times. When he does go out, he’s under control.

“I haven’t seen a single thing that warrants any of the stuff that was written about him when he was in Boston. I don’t know, maybe he did want to come here and want to change a little bit, but the kid was 20 years old, he had a Stanley Cup, he signed a big deal…

“In a lot of ways I blame the organization for not helping squash that. But that’s in the past for him, he’s become outstanding.”

"If the Bruins won the Stanley Cup, he'd be thought of differently," Nill said. "He took a lot of the heat. He was a guy that got knocked down for those things. For some reason, he became the poster child and I think it was unjust."

Love these two quotes.

McLovin*

Benn openly commented on Seguin's flaws in an interview, possible locker room rift? Those are never good, especially when it's between your 2 best players

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
Benn openly commented on Seguin's flaws in an interview, possible locker room rift? Those are never good, especially when it's between your 2 best players

You're joking, right?

Edit: Upon reflection you clearly are, sorry.

McLovin*

You're joking, right?

Edit: Upon reflection you clearly are, sorry.

I am not joking.

@SeguinProblems: Jamie Benn on Tyler Seguin's flaws- "He can't cook. I don't know how he eats. It's either steak dinner at my house or Dominos."

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
I am not joking.

@SeguinProblems: Jamie Benn on Tyler Seguin's flaws- "He can't cook. I don't know how he eats. It's either steak dinner at my house or Dominos."

Hell, I'm 26 years old and I just started figuring out this whole cooking thing. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad