IX. General Stars Talk Always Lands on its Feet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Won't lie, he kind of soured on me after the act he pulled with Columbus. Sure, there can't be many who would be happy going from Philly to Columbus (at the time), but be a pro about it at least.....

His issues were with Philly management. How it came across toward Columbus was an unfortunate consequence of airing that dirty laundry in public.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Won't lie, he kind of soured on me after the act he pulled with Columbus. Sure, there can't be many who would be happy going from Philly to Columbus (at the time), but be a pro about it at least.....

Yeah that was awful. I do agree with glove that much of had to do with being lied to by Holmgren, but you're right even with knowing that there should be an expectation of professionalism. Not returning calls and going into hiding was a bit weak.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Yeah that was awful. I do agree with glove that much of had to do with being lied to by Holmgren, but you're right even with knowing that there should be an expectation of professionalism. Not returning calls and going into hiding was a bit weak.

Luckily his wrister is quite a bit stronger than his character. I kid.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
I thought for sure the article would mention how he asked to get back into the game, after being brought back to life by the paddles.

Based on the comments after the article, I'm apparently racist because I'm white and like hockey. :laugh:

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Deadspin did an article about the Lebron/Peverley meme not long after the Pevs incident and totally ripped it saying something to the effect that celebrating someone wanting to play after almost dying was idiotic.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Celebrating it is idiotic, and comparing hockey and basketball is also idiotic.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
Jeff O'Neill ‏@odognine2 13m
Seguin will flourish at center ice in Dallas. Tremendous upside. Love the deal for stars. Everyone goes out at 21. Get over it.

Digging through some of the stuff in there, this struck me as poignant and accurate. Props to Jeff O'Neill, apparently he's as good an analyst as he was a player.

Stars90

Sep 24, 2013
Toronto
Digging through some of the stuff in there, this struck me as poignant and accurate. Props to Jeff O'Neill, apparently he's as good an analyst as he was a player.

He's on the radio/TV quite a lot here on TSN and he just keeps getting better, IMO. He's as grumpy as they come but he's really in tune to what guys are really thinking in the locker room (one of the reasons I don't want the Stars to get Dion, for example), among also just knowing the game.

Took me a while but he's really won me over and he's also not a guy who ignores the Stars either. He at least has a vague idea of what's going on with the team unlike a lot of TSN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad