IX. General Stars Talk Always Lands on its Feet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Primetimey*

Desrosiers, Dickinson, and Paul (WOW) invited to 41 player Team Canada World Junior Camp

Archgoat

Sep 29, 2011
Can someone explain to me why Sergei Zubov gets so little consideration for the hockey hall of fame? Neidermeyer was a first ballot guy, who has less points than Zubov in about 200 more game played.

I think Jere Lehtinen should get some consideration as well, considering that Gainey is in. Though I am probably in the minority here.

I will be shocked if Modano is not a first ballot guy today.

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
Can someone explain to me why Sergei Zubov gets so little consideration for the hockey hall of fame? Neidermeyer was a first ballot guy, who has less points than Zubov in about 200 more game played.

I think Jere Lehtinen should get some consideration as well, considering that Gainey is in. Though I am probably in the minority here.

He is Russian and played in Dallas.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006

It's because Niedermeyer was a "great leader" and had the good sense to be born a Canadian.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
NHL.com writers are dumb.

From their 'Draft hits and misses: Central Division' article

Best later-round pick: Marty Turco (1994) -- The Stars were rewarded for their willingness to let Turco develop in college and the minors. They took Turco with a fifth-round choice (No. 124) in 1994 but didn't bring him to the NHL until 2000-01, after he had spent four seasons at the University of Michigan and two more in the minors. Turco backed up Ed Belfour for two seasons and then took the starting job in 2002-03. In his nine seasons with the Stars he had as many seasons with a goals-against average below 2.00 (three) as above 2.50.

Honorable mention -- Arturs Irbe (1989), Roman Turek (1990), Jussi Jokinen (2001), Jamie Benn (2007).

Here's the rest of the article for those curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->