Rumor: Ivan Provorov on the trade block

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Eh. I don’t hate it. But I don’t love it.
The Oilers have several young kids at forward who would get a lot of interest around the league - Holloway, Macleod would be at the top. But sadly I don't think Ken is willing to trade them.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I think moving Ceci is a bad idea. He's been a good player for a team forced to use him in a bigger role than he should be in. His contract is pretty reasonable too. Barrie would still be the guy I move on the right side if possible regardless of how well he's played this year.
Neither should be on our top pair. But either should be moved if it means an upgrade comes back.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Atkinson hasn’t played at all this season and has a nagging injury that could even keep him out the entire season. Not sure he’s the guy Oilers would want back.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
The Oilers have several young kids at forward who would get a lot of interest around the league - Holloway, Macleod would be at the top. But sadly I don't think Ken is willing to trade them.
I don't know how sad it is considering the Oilers still have a complete lack of depth from an offensive perspective. We don't have cap space to bring in more help at forward, so we have to hope that Holloway, McLeod, Kostin and our futures like Bourgault and Schaeffer will begin to contribute more offensively sooner than later. Lump Yamamoto in there this season as well.

Any quality GM -- Brandt Clarke

Chuck Fletcher -- two 3rds
We'll make it three thirds if you can retain 2M. We'll even include Pulujarvi.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005

True... we need those ELCs and in general are more in favor of giving up picks rather than recently picked prospects simply because of timelines.

That said, for a D as young as Provorov, I'd be willing to consider dealing Bourgault, or even Schaefer as an example.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Underrated, like his game. The numbers maybe meh, but his game is solid and he eats minutes.

I know he said he wants to stay, but he's still relatively young and has a reasonable contract - if he could pull in anything remotely similar to Lindholm going to the B's, that would be a solid win for Fletch.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Don't think Oilers are willing to give up on Bouchard this soon. But they really need to go all in this year.
You'd be surprised. Broberg is showing flashes of excellence defensively, and we need more of that then scoring right now. Barrie and Bouchard have similar skillsets, and Barrie's on a sweetheart deal for the next couple of years. Bouchard has promise as an offensive D, but we have that right now. Plus Broberg is cheaper.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Honestly i dont think provorov is the right fit for an heavy boffensive team like Edmonton to get succes

Lak or toronto look like better fit in my mind to see a provorv come back stro g

Reactions: SwedishFire

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Honestly i dont think provorov is the right fit for an heavy boffensive team like Edmonton to get succes

Lak or toronto look like better fit in my mind to see a provorv come back stro g
IP had his best off output in 17-18. Ghost also had best season. Top 4 Flyers all played 82 games and had monster seasons: Giroux 100+ Pts, Couturier 30+ goals, Voracek 80+ pts (best season).
I feel like IP would enjoy playing in more offensive-minded system.

Reactions: captainpaxil

ValeriKamensky

May 8, 2013
Flyers need offensive centerman and RH stay-at-home for Cam York. If someone can propose NHL-ready prospects at this positions - well, it would be nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad