Confirmed with Link: Ivan Barbashev re-signs (2 years, 1.475 AAV)

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
welcome back barbie

like his motor and his upside, hope he starts climbing lines soon

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
Now that Barbashev is re-signed, I changed my avatar to my favorite image of the post-Cup celebration.

I had to wait until he was re-signed.

I love how the shadow halving his face resembles William Wallace in Braveheart.

Barbashev is the quintessential warrior!!!

Barbie is yelling, "FREEDOM!!!" as he stands behind what looks like a prison cell bar.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
I’m thinking someone like Mike Hoffman, assuming we have no injuries on defense and Florida is out of the playoff race.

I honestly think Florida is going to be competing for the 3/4 spot in the Atlantic, they were better than Detroit, Ottawa and Buffalo by a good margin last year before they addressed their flaws this summer.

Barring injuries, they're going to be a fringe playoff team playing meaningful games in March at the least. Bob/Montembeault is a big upgrade on their goaltending from last season - they improve on the 273 GA (27th), 3.16 GAA (27th) and 0.892 SV% (30th) for that reason alone, without needing Bob to post Vezina numbers as league average would be a massive improvement. Adding Stralman, Connelly and coach Q should also make favorable impacts for them.

For those reasons, I don't expect Hoffman to be dealt. I expect a self rental unless they're 10+ points out of the race at the deadline. Tippett may make extending Hoffman unnecessary if he shows well in his rookie season, but there's little chance Tippett usurps Hoffman's place on the team.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I dont know about you guys but i think he has been exellent so far, he is very physical and bust his ass off in every shift. perfect for the 4th line.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I dont know about you guys but i think he has been exellent so far, he is very physical and bust his ass off in every shift. perfect for the 4th line.
Wish he could play like that when he is up in the lineup. He has opportunity with injuries to play in top 6 but isn’t bringing the same sandpaper which makes him effective when he is on 4th line.

brakeyawself

Oct 5, 2006
Wish he could play like that when he is up in the lineup. He has opportunity with injuries to play in top 6 but isn’t bringing the same sandpaper which makes him effective when he is on 4th line.

Is he having something of a breakout these past few weeks? Relatively, he’s been on fire. Curious if those that watch him more often than I do, think this progress is legit. A lot of NHL teams would be kicking the door down for a guy with his physical game if he also added some legit offense.

Is there some Evander Kane like jump in his future?

Reactions: CoMoBlues

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I'm looking far ahead, but the Blues may need to work out a deal with Seattle to not take Barbashev or Sundqvist. These 2 are very important to this team's success.

Reactions: brakeyawself

Honeycutt

Jan 18, 2010
I'm looking far ahead, but the Blues may need to work out a deal with Seattle to not take Barbashev or Sundqvist. These 2 are very important to this team's success.

That's why the blues signed Faulk. There is no way Seattle does not take a top 4 rhd on a reasonable contract.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
giphy.gif

I was going to use Ookla the Moc as my username before I settled on the one I have.

Last edited:
Reactions: brokeu91

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad