Boston Bruins IV-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
eichel for mcavoy straight up?
id do that in a heartbeat.
bergeron and krejci are old timers.
mcavoy is good but still cant hit the net with a shot and makes stupid mistakes all the time.
ifbuffalo offered eichel for just mac thats a done deal.
it won't be Boston, guys.

how many years have we played the Sabres and why were they the ones added to the current divisional alignment......

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
I think before the Bruins make a decision on DeBrusk, I would like to see him on a line with Studnicka. In my opinion, Studnicka also has some chemistry with Ritchie, so I wouldn't mind seeing that line.

Reactions: bbfan419

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
mcavoy is good but still cant hit the net with a shot and makes stupid mistakes all the time.

All you did was weaken the defense for the now and when Krejci leaves, you’re in a worse position since you’re searching for a #1 defenseman.

pass hard as f***.

Also, LOL at “makes stupid decisions all the time”. He’s 23 years old, already a top pairing defenseman, produces offense and plays solid two way with physicality.

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015

Nobody in the league trades McAvoy for Eichel.

Mc has evolved Boston's back end and actually given the aging core a chance to compete this year. You're going to complain that he's "making mistakes" as if players his age and Eichel himself haven't. Why is it that Buffalo hasn't made the playoffs in the Eichel era? He is a stellar player but clearly cares more about his payday than a championship and isn't worth a franchise Dman.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
You'll all love this
So, with rumours of Eichel wanting out of Buffalo and Skinner has an immovable contract, add to that there are talks of a hefty Hall extension how about this for shits and giggles (intended more for next season):

Bos: Eichel, Skinner (2 mil retained)
But: Debrusk, Studnika, Vaak, 1st, 2nd

Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak
Skinner Eichel Smith
Bjork Coyle Ritchie
Hall Frederic Lauko

I'm not a fan of Krejci much anymore and he can walk. Skinner still can play and would be less than Krejci. Think the numbers would work... Not sure the core would appreciate the contracts coming in though!

Trying to have fun after a dissapointing game last night...
Have at it... I'm ready!

Even taking Krejci out don't think the cap works.

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
Even taking Krejci out don't think the cap works.
Krejci 7.5 Debrusk 3.5
11 mil
Eichel 10 Skinner 7 (w/ 2 retained)
17 mil
And I think there is cap space available.
Didn't think it would be easy but doable on the B's end. With all the people saying they'd never trade in the east... Never know what they'd be willing to do if Skinner's contract is gone? Who knows even Eichel could handcuff them and say he wants to come home.
Again, shits and giggles

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I wouldn’t do it. A stud D is better than a stud forward.

Not to mention isn’t Buffalo stacked with young D? Although a Dahlin-McAvoy pairing would be solid

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
On another note, that’s why these monster contracts suck. They restrict the GM from building a proper team around said player. That’s why McDavid will continue to struggle to carry Edmonton into the playoffs. It’s why Toronto is forever top heavy. You need franchise guys signed to reasonable contracts. Tampa has Kucherov. Bruins Pastrnak Marchand Bergeron. Unfortunately with parity I think the days of 2 players carrying a team are over.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Krejci(for cap reasons) Jack Stud,Lauzon,3 firsts,Beecher. For Eichel. Yep it’s lots but look at what our division will be like at center the next few years. Still might not be enough I wish Coyle didn’t have a no trade.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Krejci(for cap reasons) Jack Stud,Lauzon,3 firsts,Beecher. For Eichel. Yep it’s lots but look at what our division will be like at center the next few years. Still might not be enough I wish Coyle didn’t have a no trade.
That's a value of more then 6 first round picks in my opinion. I dont think we have the depth to support this deal.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Nobody in the league trades McAvoy for Eichel.

Mc has evolved Boston's back end and actually given the aging core a chance to compete this year. You're going to complain that he's "making mistakes" as if players his age and Eichel himself haven't. Why is it that Buffalo hasn't made the playoffs in the Eichel era? He is a stellar player but clearly cares more about his payday than a championship and isn't worth a franchise Dman.
depends on the supporting cast.
eichel would fit on boston alot better.
mcavoy is a great player but he isnt a stud #1 defenseman yet.
tough call but with bergy krejci and marchand all getting okder i wouldmake that deal if it were offered. buffalo would never offer that though.
we could easily pick up a solid top 4 right handed defenseman if needed.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
depends on the supporting cast.
eichel would fit on boston alot better.
mcavoy is a great player but he isnt a stud #1 defenseman yet.
tough call but with bergy krejci and marchand all getting okder i wouldmake that deal if it were offered. buffalo would never offer that though.
we could easily pick up a solid top 4 right handed defenseman if needed.

I really think the plan has to be this......

Take advantage of the cap space they have this year and try to add two pieces to this team for a cup run....2RW and 2/3 defenseman, using any combination of prospects, Bjork, DeBrusk, Moore, Vaak (maybe Zboril) and any non first round picks. (Keep Studnicka)

Decide what to do with Krejci in the off season, based on where they finish, how effective he is and his contract demands.
If they somehow win a cup this year, maybe let him walk and let Studnicka slide into the 2 C role.

Summer of 2023, go hard after Barkov. Like all in, biggest contract in team history.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Hope your right ! Maybe a hybrid of doughty mcdounagh

Doughty in his prime was an absolute stud, in my opinion he was the best all around defenseman in the game. McAvoy has a similar build to Doughty but I don't think he will ever be as good defensively, but McAvoy has more offensive talent then Doughty.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Let’s cut the bull shit

we have this and 2 more years of elite Brad

Bergeron is a vampire so his age is irrelevant

the Bruins have lots of cap space

Patrick Kane has this and 2 more years at $10.5 M and was 32 in November

Kane or Crosby or Eichel

I don’t care just do it Donny
upload_2021-2-19_20-48-9.gif

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Let’s cut the bull shit

we have this and 2 more years of elite Brad

Bergeron is a vampire so his age is irrelevant

the Bruins have lots of cap space

Patrick Kane has this and 2 more years at $10.5 M and was 32 in November

Kane or Crosby or Eichel

I don’t care just do it Donny
View attachment 398123
You know, Kane makes A LOT of sense.

At some point Chicago needs to completely tear it down. They are awful, and have no reason to keep guys like Kane and Toews while they can still move them for a good return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad