Boston Bruins IV-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Calgary laughs and hangs up the phone. Both of Calgary's players are superior to Krejci and DeBrusk, and neither one of their players have the consistency issues of DeBrusk.
I mean I get that......I just hear Calgary is in complete disarray right now. I think Krejci is an upgrade over Monny, offensively and as a 200ft player. Gaudreau is much better than Debrusk. So what would be the add from a Boston POV, again with the thought process Krejci signed a 1-2-3 year extension at 5.5-6 million?

Also keep in mind.....Debrusk+ Krejci+ prospect gives you 2-3 million to sign/trade for someone else.

Reactions: bbfan419

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
nope. if Eichel wants out of Buffalo.... it won't be any Eastern team..... would it be shocking if Seattle ends up with him?
Assuming Eichel wants out of Buffalo it’ll be because the Sabres suck and Eichel wants to play for a team with Cup aspirations. Don’t think Seattle LA NY Rangers cut it.

An Eichel trade would be complicated. And the package heading to Buffalo would have to include some young talent with star potential. A team like the Habs might have the assets. Would they have enough left to ice a competitive team post trade?

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
I mean I get that......I just hear Calgary is in complete disarray right now. I think Krejci is an upgrade over Monny, offensively and as a 200ft player. Gaudreau is much better than Debrusk. So what would be the add from a Boston POV, again with the thought process Krejci signed a 1-2-3 year extension at 5.5-6 million?

Also keep in mind.....Debrusk+ Krejci+ prospect gives you 2-3 million to sign/trade for someone else.
Calgary doesn't do those deals because they can (and will) get better packages from other teams. Krejci is a soon to be 35 year old who does nothing for the future of the Flames and DeBrusk is a streaky 2nd-3rd line tweener. Krejci, given his age and contract status, doesn't have much value to anyone who isn't a top cup contender who needs a 2nd line Center. I would imagine DeBrusk's trade value is not that great, and it's very easy to find 2nd-3rd line tweeners on the FA market where you don't have to give up an elite player.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Calgary easily. They downgrade at both positions and get older at center, which is the more important position.

Isn't Monahan basically a younger version of Krejci, but more of a goal scorer and less a playmaker? Like Krejci for me is a 20/40 guy over 82 games, while Monahan is closer to a 30/30 guy.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
Calgary doesn't do those deals because they can (and will) get better packages from other teams. Krejci is a soon to be 35 year old who does nothing for the future of the Flames and DeBrusk is a streaky 2nd-3rd line tweener. Krejci, given his age and contract status, doesn't have much value to anyone who isn't a top cup contender who needs a 2nd line Center. I would imagine DeBrusk's trade value is not that great, and it's very easy to find 2nd-3rd line tweeners on the FA market where you don't have to give up an elite player.
This is completely false. In the last 3 seasons Debrusk has a 0.30 Goals per game while Gaudreau has a 0.34 Goals per game. So if Debrusk is a tweener so is Gaudreau.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Assuming Eichel wants out of Buffalo it’ll be because the Sabres suck and Eichel wants to play for a team with Cup aspirations. Don’t think Seattle LA NY Rangers cut it.

An Eichel trade would be complicated. And the package heading to Buffalo would have to include some young talent with star potential. A team like the Habs might have the assets. Would they have enough left to ice a competitive team post trade?
it won't be the Rangers either, because of the divisional alignment, Oates, I agree, it likely is a Western team short-term but Seattle has to be a factor if Eichel is dealt at the deadline.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
it won't be the Rangers either, because of the divisional alignment, Oates, I agree, it likely is a Western team short-term but Seattle has to be a factor if Eichel is dealt at the deadline.
While Eichel’s NTC doesn’t kick in for another year (I think) I can’t see him being dealt without having a say in where he’s going. We don’t know what Seattle will look like next season but what Vegas did was an anomaly. Expansion teams usually struggle at first.

Habs or Avalanche if I were a betting man.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
While Eichel’s NTC doesn’t kick in for another year (I think) I can’t see him being dealt without having a say in where he’s going. We don’t know what Seattle will look like next season but what Vegas did was an anomaly. Expansion teams usually struggle at first.

Habs or Avalanche if I were a betting man.
I think it's West, more so than MTL or anywhere East. Seattle has to start becoming a priority, if they're not already.... past the expansion draft, in essence a drawing card

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I think it's West, more so than MTL or anywhere East. Seattle has to start becoming a priority, if they're not already.... past the expansion draft, in essence a drawing card
If you’re Jack Eichel, and want to leave Buffalo because they stink & you’ve played 400 NHL games without making the playoffs, WHY would you okay a trade to Seattle?

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Fair point, but not what I was debating
what u don't get, Oates:

Eichel isn't coming to ANOTHER Eastern based team, not us, the Rangers or whomever else in this conference alignment..... it'll be out West.

what also has to be factored in is whomever acquires Eichel may not have the capability to protect him if the Sabres deal him outside the Conference.... Seattle is a factor, whether it appears that it's not, COVID Pandemic or not.... they are a factor and cannot be dismissed

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
I think Eichel stays in Buffalo at least this year and next. His NMC kicks in that next season so I think they’ll do what they can to build something in that time and if it doesn’t work out they’ll break it down. I think the only real chance of Eichel in Boston is a massive overpay, which I would be ok with if it’s mainly picks and prospects, or he uses his NMC and says Boston is the only spot he will waive which probably won’t happen for a few reasons.

I also don’t think there’s a package of picks and specs that would entice them in the next 2 years. There’s a few teams that could offer up a real blue chip guy with no salary dump going back.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
what u don't get, Oates:

Eichel isn't coming to ANOTHER Eastern based team, not us, the Rangers or whomever else in this conference alignment..... it'll be out West.

what also has to be factored in is whomever acquires Eichel may not have the capability to protect him if the Sabres deal him outside the Conference.... Seattle is a factor, whether it appears that it's not, COVID Pandemic or not.... they are a factor and cannot be dismissed

Sorry, Hutch, but any team that gives up what it would take to get Eichel out of Buffalo is damn sure going to protect him.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Eichel would cost McAvoy. Pass.
eichel for mcavoy straight up?
id do that in a heartbeat.
bergeron and krejci are old timers.
mcavoy is good but still cant hit the net with a shot and makes stupid mistakes all the time.
ifbuffalo offered eichel for just mac thats a done deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad