Post-Game Talk: #ItWasThreeOne

rrc1967

Jan 9, 2014
Houston Texas
The 3rd, 4th, and 5th goals all should have been stopped in my opinion.

war-on-ice classified 2 low danger goals, 2 medium danger goals and 1 high danger goals from bernier tonight

that was out of 12 low danger shots, 9 medium danger shots and 1 high danger shot.

pretty bad performance.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Too bad that's not going to happen, and we shouldn't let it happen.

We played a good game today, that's good in my books. Eventually these silly breakdowns from the entire team need to stop, but as long as we have games like this I'm happy.

It looked more like the entire team was scared of letting anything on net and over skated trying to prevent it, aka running around in their own end. You can't play properly when you have no confidence in someone else who's on the ice with you.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
On a separate note, is there anyone in the league who gets rubbed out along the boards easier and more consistently than Dion? He always times his glides to perfectly arrive just between a player and the boards, with the puck on the other side.

Rayban*

Apr 21, 2013
Ottawa
If they just left Bernier in another city on their next road trip the chances of him finding his way back home are pretty freaking slim.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
It looked more like the entire team was scared of letting anything on net and over skated trying to prevent it, aka running around in their own end. You can't play properly when you have no confidence in someone else who's on the ice with you.

Bingo. The team has to play virtually mistake free with Bernier in net just to have a chance, and sometimes that's not even enough. The Washington game was a perfect example of that...

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
c'mon guys, there's no reason not to ride Bernier here

It's one thing to tank when the team is simply not good enough, and it's another thing to destroy the morale of the team when they deserve better most nights.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
He hasn't even been that bad. People really love to hate on the guy though.

You know why? Because he doesn't compete. He looks for excuses for his mistakes. He's not technically sound. He's arrogant. He's got an unmeritted huge ego. A short side goal, whining that he was brushed by a player....these are things that are not endearing to a fandom.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Its funny because you can tell they have a distinctly different stance while skating and one has a much darker skin complexion than the other. It's just bad commentating.

Even more obvious is that one is a left shot and one is a right shot! :laugh:

It's, like, almost impossible to mix them up if you know which way they shoot. Yet he's been doing it for more than a year now. Surely he knows about the problem too, or does Rogers not have performance reviews?

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Good call. Then come trade deadline they traded halak wasn't it and moved on with price? However price was always expected to be very good and proved it so in almost every level. They did it with huet and then eventually halak.

Difference is, Price had just turned 22 the year they traded Halak and had only played 92 NHL games to that point. And he still put up a .912 sv% that year. In fact, he's never been below .905 (lockout season). Bernier has been so bad that I think the only way he can salvage his career is if Nelson Mandela rises from the dead, straps on some skates and a stick, and breaks all of Gretzky's records.

I Am The Stig

SPACESHIP!!
Oct 19, 2011
Difference is, Price had just turned 22 the year they traded Halak and had only played 92 NHL games to that point. And he still put up a .912 sv% that year. In fact, he's never been below .905 (lockout season). Bernier has been so bad that I think the only way he can salvage his career is if Nelson Mandela rises from the dead, straps on some skates and a stick, and breaks all of Gretzky's records.

An 'aha I told you so!' moment would salvage Bernier's career? :laugh:

Snow Dog

Victorious
Jan 3, 2013
GTA

I wonder if he can play D.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Toronto Maple Leafs head coach Mike Babcock addresses the media following Toronto's 5-4 overtime loss to Tampa Bay on Tuesday night.

Doug Gilmour

Oct 5, 2010
I didn't watch the game (seen the highlights on TSN), too busy watching the Republican debate on CNN, but at work we called the over/under for GA tonight being 5....should have bought of a lottery ticket :help:

mikebel111*

They cost us the game....along with Dion and Bernier.

Bozak has always been a big fat minus player and was one of the reasons that cost us this game.

This is a recording that Bozak was a minus on a game winner

The sooner these 3 are off the team, the better

mikebel111*

With Stamkos we could have 2 lines that score and take some of the heat off of Bozak.

I agree. I think we should give Kadri those minutes. Bozak and his minuses cost another game for us.

I think we need to get Stamkos to help out Kadri, cause Bozak isnt cutting it with his pathetic efforts on defence

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00