Post-Game Talk: #ItWasThreeOne

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Frank Corrado will make his debut. Unknown who will be exiting the lineup. I would assume Roman Polak.

Elliotte Friedman and Damien Cox reported on Headlines that Jonathan Bernier will be called up on Monday, and may start on Tuesday.

Joffery Lupul is also expected to return from injury.

Maple Leafs-Tampa Bay Lightning: Tuesday game preview

The Leafs are facing the Lightning in Tampa’s second of back-to-back road

By: Kevin McGran Sports Reporter, Published on Mon Dec 14 2015

AIR CANADA CENTRE

Puck drop: 7:30 p.m.

TV: Sportsnet Ontario

Radio: TSN Radio 1050

Key matchup:Steve Stamkos vs. Jonathan Bernier.

Stamkos had 11 goals heading into Monday’s game in Columbus, tied for 25th in the NHL and well off his usual pace. But he does well against the Leafs and he’ll face a winless Bernier, making his first start for the Leafs since returning from a conditioning stint with the AHL’s Marlies.

Need to know: The Leafs are facing the Lightning in Tampa’s second of back-to-back road games . . . The Bolts are dealing with injuries to key personnel: Tyler Johnson (undisclosed), Ondrej Palat, Cedric Paquette (undisclosed) and Jonathan Drouin (lower body) . . . Over the past few days, the Lightning recalled goaltender Andrei Vasilevskiy and forwards Mike Blunden, Joel Vermin and Yanni Gourde from Syracuse . . . Stamkos has no goals in his last eight games.

Up next: Thursday, Sharks at Leafs, 7:30 p.m., TSN4

Last edited:

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
I don't know why, but I just have this strange feeling that after 3 shutouts in a row in the AHL, Bernier is about to crap the bed against the Lightning....

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON
I hope Corrado is great this game. Out of him, Marincin and Harrington, he may be the best one. If he can sure up the 3RD spot then that's one area we don't need to fix moving forward.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
I hope this hasn't got anything to do, as to why we are playing Corrado.

Canucks' Benning keeping eye on Leafs' Corrado

http://www.tsn.ca/canucks-gm-benning-keeping-an-eye-on-leafs-corrado-1.407960

Vancouver Canucks general manager Jim Benning alluded to the idea of bringing the defenceman back to the Canucks while doing an interview on TSN Radio 1040 Vancouver.

Frankie Corrado, who has yet to play a game with the Toronto Maple Leafs, has not been completely forgotten by his former organization quite yet.

jjjshab

Jul 7, 2015
One of the beat reporters (i forget who, jonas or mirtle) said that he will be playing WITH Polak; he will be on the left (his offside)

If that isn't a recipe for success I dont know what is

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
This will end what has to be the longest healthy scratch streak in Leafs' history as far as I can remember. Best of luck to Corrado. I'm really interested in seeing whether he looks like he can help in the longer term.

BorntoLose

Nov 4, 2014
i remember hearing once Corrado finally gets in he'll be given the chance to play a decent string of games to show whats hes got, interesting to see how he responds after being scratched a ridiculously long time

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Reimer has had a great start to the 2015-16 season... and presently sits at 4th in all of the NHL goalies for Goals Against (2.01 GA).. and is second in Save Percentage (.935 SV%)...

Stayin' Alive With The Wall: James Reimer 2015-16 Highlights - TML

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
Frank Corrado will make his debut. Unknown who will be exiting the lineup. I would assume Roman Polak.

Elliotte Friedman and Damien Cox reported on Headlines that Jonathan Bernier will be called up on Monday, and may start on Tuesday.

Joffery Lupul is also expected to return from injury.

I think they have to send Sparks down, before they can bring Bernier back up, with roster limit..?

I don't think Berner should be getting the start, after the way Sparks and Reims have been playing lately.. Let him start on the 22nd against the Coyotes, maybe.. Have to give him props for 3 consecutive shut-outs with the Marlies, though..!

Eager to see what Corrado brings to the table, here... I'm sure that many of us are... :sarcasm: :)

Frankie Goes To Toronto: Frankie Corrado Montage - TML 2015-16

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I hope to god Bernier doesn't start. If Reimer is healthy, he should start no doubt about it.

MikeBabchuk

Mike Bobcat
May 24, 2013
Toronto
I don't see why Bernier would start. If Reimer still isn't 100%, Sparks is on a winning streak so doubtless you go with him.

champs*

Lupul is back? lets move him out now before he gets hurt again, prob have a few weeks, get it done Lou :nod:

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

goalie jonathan bernier finally experience defeat in the ahl.

The utica comets beat the bernier-backed toronto marlies 5-4 sunday at the ricoh coliseum in bernier’s final appearance under the terms of his 10-day conditioning assignment.

Bernier is expected back at leafs camp monday after going 3-1-0, with three shutouts, for the minor league team.

But who’s going to start tuesday against the tampa bay lightning won’t be known until at least monday’s practice. Bernier, winless in the nhl, went to the marlies to help rediscover his confidence.

In his place, rookie garret sparks went 3-1-0 for the maple leafs while james reimer continued to deal with a groin problem.

Reimer did not practice on saturday and the leafs were off sunday. He had been spending some time working out with goalie coach steve briere.

With bernier returning and winger joffrey lupul healthy again, the leafs will be forced to make a roster move, either demoting sparks to the minors or placing reimer on injured reserve.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
I am hoping we hear a ridiculously long and loud "WE WANT STAMKOS" chant to give him something to think about. It would be interesting to see how TB, Stamkos and Yzerman react. No doubt the cameras will be all over them.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
I am hoping we hear a ridiculously long and loud "WE WANT STAMKOS" chant to give him something to think about. It would be interesting to see how TB, Stamkos and Yzerman react. No doubt the cameras will be all over them.

That will never happen. We'll need to agree on an absolute dollar term first. "WE WANT STAMKOS AT $__ OR LESS"

Pyromaniac3

Dec 19, 2011
Toronto

Mirtle is reporting that Yzerman already tried to trade him to Buffalo for Eichel but Stamkos nixed it as Buffalo wanted him to sign an extension. So it does sound like there is significant rift between Stamkos and Cooper forcing Yzerman's hand.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
That will never happen. We'll need to agree on an absolute dollar term first. "WE WANT STAMKOS AT $__ OR LESS"

You seriously think that it won't happen, lol. I would bet on the fact that it will. The majority of people would love to see him in a Leaf jersey.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
I hope Corrado is great this game. Out of him, Marincin and Harrington, he may be the best one. If he can sure up the 3RD spot then that's one area we don't need to fix moving forward.

But here is the reality of it. Out of those 3, he is probably the weakest. Harrington was sent down because he is still waiver exempt. Now they may let Marincin & Corrado duke it our at D, but Frankie has a few things going against him. He's a RD not LD, so its a little tougher for him in the LD position & secondly, he didn't cost us anything.

I hope he does well after the long wait & hopefully Corrado can be part of the rotation of D in & out of the lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad