Post-Game Talk: It's the End of the World as we know it, and we feel fine (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArcticFox

Nov 2, 2010
Lol it happens when one tries to really come up with an argument to trade Crosby. Some things you honestly cannot make up. I didn't like the way Sid played and hold him accountable, but wow...the thought of trading the best hockey player in the world never crosses my mind.

Emotions cause some pure craziness around here. :)
That and how about having a coach that doesn't try and get every single thing done through his two stars? Way too much feeding Sid n Geno and hoping they dangle themselves out of the neutral zone solo.

EDIT - with the support of such amazing superstars like Gibbons and Glass

Miss Ausguins

Needs moar Vodka
Jul 28, 2010
Straya
Finally caught up on this thread, only took me most of the day whilst I was watching both playoffs games on TV. My prediction is that Disco and hopefully Ray will both be gone by the end of next week.

Also, whenever I was swearing and yelling at the TV over the last two weeks, one of my dogs would come up to me with that "Keep Calm and Pet Me" look. It's not over yet because it is pretty much knee-deep into the Rugby League/Union and Australian Rules Football Seasons here.

Now I await the Gamecenter alert on my iPhone as I wake up over the next week and a bit :)

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
MOD NOTICE:

Guys if you can, please take any rebuild / trade / "big moves" talk to the roster building thread where we have all kinds of numbers posted, etc. Let's keep this thread to the coaching and GM and owner stuff, and media quotes about same (since that's regrettably unavoidable in this situation). And if you want to talk about guys to let go (not in a trade), that's cool. Just trying to keep a bunch of stuff from being repeated in two places, making it hard to follow for those who want to discuss the separate topics.

The next few weeks are going to be a nuthouse in here so your help in keeping stuff on point in the respective threads is appreciated.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1670299

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I really just don't want to see a Shero presser tomorrow.
I'd rather Mario fires DB and has Shero bent over a chair giving him a spanking for every scout he's fired.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I really just don't want to see a Shero presser tomorrow.
I'd rather Mario fires DB and has Shero bent over a chair giving him a spanking for every scout he's fired.

He could just fire Shero. Then there would be no reason for a Shero presser tomorrow. :teach:

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
I don't think Shero NEEDS to go but I wouldn't be fazed if he was gone. Bylsma NEEDS to go and ownership needs to figure out what they want the team to be and stick to it.

Miss Ausguins

Needs moar Vodka
Jul 28, 2010
Straya
When I say that I saw the beginning of the end during that debacle against the Islanders, I believe that the boys had turned into harmless *****cats after that.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Fire Shero and keep Bylsma. Worst nightmare ever?

As a matter of principle, I wouldn't mind it half as much as only firing Bylsma. Shero is accountable for everything Byslma does after extending his contract after the Flyers AND THEN Boston series.

Also Sceduri.

theicebox

#MonixWatch
Jan 8, 2010
Pittsburgh
If dan and ray get fired, i picture their next job search to be in tandem, kinda like in step brothers.

Could we have a thread where our Board collectively writes the script for said movie. It would be beautiful.

Dan: "I miss Craig"
Ray: "Dan, you are a grown man, get over it"
Dan: "But... but"
Ray: "It's alright Dan, come here, let's cuddle"
*Ray proceeds to ***** slap Dan across the face.
Ray: "Dan, seriously, what the **** is wrong with you man? You're middle-aged and married to a woman. Get the **** over Craig Adams."
Craig: "You guyz... I've been here the whole time."

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'm still a Shero supporter.

His patience can be good and bad, as anyone whose followed the fortunes of our players and our fanbase's consequent torch and pitchfork outings will agree. I think he's very much a net positive, and I'm interested to see how he cleans house this summer.

As for Neal, in spite of a poor playoffs, I thought he was one of our best forwards in Game 7 outside of that dumb penalty. He was working and generating chances, and backchecking well too.

my reason for wanting Shero gone isn't that I think he's a bad GM. I think this team needs a fresh set of eyes making decisions though.

I think Shero and Disco will both go on to do very well wherever they end up if they go, but I think they need to go.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
I want Shero gone because:

1. He fails to identify the strengths & weaknesses of the roster. The trade deadline last season & offseason moves made almost zero sense given the current roster and prospect pool.
2. He fails to identify the strengths & weaknesses of the prospect pool. This needs no further elaboration.
3. He fails to properly develop prospects in favor of vets and logjamming the roster with waiver-wire fodder.
4. He fails to leverage his own prospects. The cupboard is running bare on Craig Patrick draft picks and the PMD for scoring winger theory hasn't happened for a while.
5. He tied himself to Bylsma.

Sadly, all of those conditions play out more like a Möbius strip than a few isolated issues. Shero is not the one I want managing the assets of this organization.

themethod7

Jan 25, 2013
NWPA
I had a revelation this morning on my way to work, something that sums up my feelings about the last few years of Penguins hockey that I couldn't put my finger on...

Major League II. The Pens remind me of the Cleveland Indians in Major League II. After years of failure, they finally have some success and it goes to their heads. No longer are they the scrappy underdogs, clawing their way into the playoffs. No longer flying under the radar, taking the world by storm. No more loud, rowdy crowd at the Mellon. Instead we have a bunch of movie stars who don't want to get hurt, a superstar who's lost his edge, "power forwards" with no power, owners more worried about the number of zeros in their bank account than number of wins in the playoffs, and a corporate crowd who shows up to the game because it's the hip thing to do.

Instead of having fun and enjoying their sport, they're punching a time clock. Big hearts replaced by big egos. Confidence and swagger replaced by cockiness and arrogance. In short, WE HAVE NO MAHHBLES.
marbles4.jpg

But it's not too late. This team still has all the pieces to win, they just have to want it. They need to enjoy playing again. The wild thing is still there, he just needs to be unleashed. So before next season, for the love of all that is holy, someone PLEASE get Sid a pair of these so I can go back to loving the **** out of watching this team play hockey:
raasch02x-large.jpg

SaintLouHaintBlue

Have another donut
Feb 22, 2014
Michigan
I had a revelation this morning on my way to work, something that sums up my feelings about the last few years of Penguins hockey that I couldn't put my finger on...

Major League II. The Pens remind me of the Cleveland Indians in Major League II. After years of failure, they finally have some success and it goes to their heads. No longer are they the scrappy underdogs, clawing their way into the playoffs. No longer flying under the radar, taking the world by storm. No more loud, rowdy crowd at the Mellon. Instead we have a bunch of movie stars who don't want to get hurt, a superstar who's lost his edge, "power forwards" with no power, owners more worried about the number of zeros in their bank account than number of wins in the playoffs, and a corporate crowd who shows up to the game because it's the hip thing to do.

Instead of having fun and enjoying their sport, they're punching a time clock. Big hearts replaced by big egos. Confidence and swagger replaced by cockiness and arrogance. In short, WE HAVE NO MAHHBLES.
marbles4.jpg

But it's not too late. This team still has all the pieces to win, they just have to want it. They need to enjoy playing again. The wild thing is still there, he just needs to be unleashed. So before next season, for the love of all that is holy, someone PLEASE get Sid a pair of these so I can go back to loving the **** out of watching this team play hockey:
raasch02x-large.jpg

I don't want Charlie Sheen anywhere near this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad