Post-Game Talk: It's the End of the World as we know it, and we feel fine (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finesse

nostromo
Dec 9, 2013
we should be. but the problem is that they'll still attempt to troll us regardless of our response.

people simply love to crap on the pens.

Vega

Nov 25, 2005
Socal
Thank god Geno and Sid won a cup early because that could be the only one. Hell, they may not even get close again. Who knows.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
I+will+not+say+do+not+weel+for+not+all+tears+are+an+evil.jpg

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
For the first time in a while I'm actually hopeful about the future of the franchise. If the rumblings from Mario are true, that they want Sid and Geno protected and built around, then I'll be even happier.

Mario knows what it's like to have guys take liberties all night. We need a Tocchet or two.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Thank god Geno and Sid won a cup early because that could be the only one. Hell, they may not even get close again. Who knows.

It wouldn't take much for them to get back on top.
They almost reached the ECF 2 years in a row with a team with several holes in it, regardless of the opponent.

Sureshot

Thumbs up, soldier!
Apr 7, 2009
Looking forward to the off-season. Absolutely no excuse for changes not to be made.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
I actually feel a lot better now that several hours have passed. Hopefully Mario and Burkle aren't afraid of a drastic makeover.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
@achiappazzi: If #Pens make any changes to coaching staff/front office, I do not expect internal candidates to be an option. It'll be a full cleansing.

No idea who that guy is but Ian from HF retweeted him.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Regarding goaltending--I don't want to beat Fleury up too much. There was a time that he lost us series almost single-handedly, but since that time, systemic issues with the way the roster was constructed and the "plan" was executed knocked him way down on the list of problems.

Now that that's out of the way...

There are more than just Hiller and Miller available. There's always a guy in Europe who's worth a shot. Doesn't always work, but it has worked on occasion in the past. Reimer's available. Holtby's surely available. Anderson's probably available. Halak and Elliot are both probably available. Florida has soured on Markstrom. Edit: In fact, Florida hated his guts so much he's on Vancouver, apparently, so forget Markstrom.

These are all average guys (apart from Anderson, who's up and down), but they can all be argued to be more cap-effective than Fleury (or Hiller or Miller), which may become a factor depending on what changes are made to the roster.

Last edited:

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Rossi has another article parroting what DK said and adding "draft record" as another reason Shero's under the gun, though he probably just added that based on a thread he read here somewhere. No point in linking it. The DK one has everything he says said better and more credibly.

For the first time in a while I'm actually hopeful about the future of the franchise. If the rumblings from Mario are true, that they want Sid and Geno protected and built around, then I'll be even happier.

Mario knows what it's like to have guys take liberties all night. We need a Tocchet or two.

I'm hoping for more like 11 with that type of mentality.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I think Reimer is a prime candidate. Young, I want to say an RFA and now the Leafs have Bernier... I think they also tanked his value a bit so. I'd be good with that.

I'd be okay with Miller depending on the contract.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Whatever they do, please drop the whole, "We need to remake the league in our image" ********. If the league wants to change, jump on that train when it pulls into the station. Until then, go back to being the biggest ****** in the NHL who happen to be backed up by the league's two-best players.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Mark Madden ‏@MarkMaddenX 17m
Rossi says Shero in trouble. Bucci says there was player dissatisfaction w/Bylsma.

Fleury3434*

Jan 14, 2013
One of shero or bylsma won't be around (hopefully both); that's for sure. But if I had to pick one it would probably be shero I want gone the most. 6 years of dmen drafted, only to sit in the AHL their whole career. despres IS an nhl defenseman RIGHT NOW; he's a free agent this summer. Do you honestly think despres is gonna stick around knowing he doesn't have a chance in hell to play and the way he was treated this year and last? You might as well just trade him at the draft to a team that he wants to go to to get SOMETHING back in return. Let the young D play that's why we drafted them. Pouliot better be on the roster next year, the kid is ready; bort and maata are serviceable. Letang and Martin is a solid first pairing keep that.sign a strong presence powerful dman in offseason for second line defense that likes to hit. Keep Crosby, Malkin, jokinen, sutter, gibbons, one of Kunitz or Neal. Keep dupuis just because he didn't have anything to do with this season give him a chance. Everyone else fill the lineup with 3rd and 4th line physical 2 way forwards (they just need to be big, physical, have some grit, and be able to chip in a few goals here and there)...trade for a player like evander Kane or Kessler or wheeler (or someone strong forward to play with Crosby/Malkin. Trade fleury for a consistent goalie, or focus more in a defensive system to help fleury out more. Either or

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad