OT - NO POLITICS IT'S SUMMERTIME - ( spring was cancelled )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Very cool graphics with the article. Really lends a visual aide to the data. Just goes to show how a single person can start an unending chain of devastating events.

Yeah, that's what I thought when I posted it. We continue to need information about this virus that is making American's sick and die to be brought forth to educate those that don't still take this COVID-19 seriously. Some would instead put blinders on and post junk in here—just my opinion, a total disservice.

One American death is too many from this virus, in my opinion.

Reactions: Ladyfan

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
For a little Friday morning laugh.

My GF and I just became home owners last week. We moved closer to my childhood home and out of Worcester for some peace and quiet. We signed the paperwork, went to record, and got the keys to the house. Both our cars were already packed with our first load of boxes. We arrive at the house maybe 30 minutes into being official home owners. I pull up to my side of the garage, hit the automatic door opener and enter. I look back and she’s sitting outside the house in her car with the window down. I step out of the car and said “it’s not that hard babe, the thing has one freaking button” poking fun at her technology illiterate self. She shoots back “I’ve been pressing the button!” flips me the bird and pushes her garage door opener with her middle finger. The door shake, rattled, and groans but doesn’t open. It’s at this point I see that the garage door opener motor has ripped the connecting beam right out of the well, wedged itself against the garage door and actually dented the door. I couldn’t help but laugh and think to myself “welcome to being homeowner.” 5 minutes in and my own personal funny farm is already falling apart. :facepalm::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Congratulations! :naughty::laugh:

Reactions: Eddie Munson

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

My GF and I just became home owners last week. We moved closer to my childhood home and out of Worcester for some peace and quiet. We signed the paperwork, went to record, and got the keys to the house. Both our cars were already packed with our first load of boxes. We arrive at the house maybe 30 minutes into being official home owners. I pull up to my side of the garage, hit the automatic door opener and enter. I look back and she’s sitting outside the house in her car with the window down. I step out of the car and said “it’s not that hard babe, the thing has one freaking button” poking fun at her technology illiterate self. She shoots back “I’ve been pressing the button!” flips me the bird and pushes her garage door opener with her middle finger. The door shake, rattled, and groans but doesn’t open. It’s at this point I see that the garage door opener motor has ripped the connecting beam right out of the well, wedged itself against the garage door and actually dented the door. I couldn’t help but laugh and think to myself “welcome to being homeowner.” 5 minutes in and my own personal funny farm is already falling apart. :facepalm::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Welcome to the world of property ownership! Your hell is just beginning! :biglaugh:

Reactions: Eddie Munson

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Last edited:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Look all these Florida numbers and data and evidence sound bad but until someone from here goes on vacation there and sees a cough I'm just going to have a hard time being convinced.

It has to be a younger, good looking person too. Can't be an ugly, fatty that's middle aged since I haven't seen any young, hot IG influencers contract the virus yet. :naughty:

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Look all these Florida numbers and data and evidence sound bad, but until someone from here goes on vacation there and sees a cough I'm just going to have a hard time being convinced.

If you leave NJ and go to one of 6 or 8 states, Florida being one of them, it is suggested that should you return to NJ or NY & Conn. You should get tested and go into a guarantine for 14 days. It is more stronger than suggested but challenging to enforce, so they are asking everyone to be responsible and consider the other people you could be infected without knowing it.

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
"IT'S SUMMERTIME"
"SPRING WAS CANCELLED"

LOOKS LIKE SUMMERTIME IS STARTING JUST AS BAD AS SPRINGTIME EXCEPT FOR DEATHS.

PLEASE PAY ATTENTION

AMERICA DOESN'T NEED ONE MORE UNNECESSARY DEATH OR MORE SICK PEOPLE.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

May I also recommend The Money Pit :laugh:

kcmK9xecKBtKMjkGr0.gif

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Last Friendly's restaurant on Cape Cod closes

HYANNIS — No more Fribble milkshakes or Fishamajig sandwiches will be served on Cape Cod.

The Friendly’s restaurant on Route 132 in Hyannis, the last of the chain’s locations on Cape Cod, has been permanently closed.

“With the coronavirus pandemic continuing to have a devastating impact across the restaurant industry, we made the very difficult decision to close the Friendly’s location in Hyannis.,” a company spokeswoman said via email this week.

“We invite local patrons to visit our four other nearby locations in South Weymouth, Fall River, Pembroke and Plymouth,” she said, noting the Hyannis restaurant was a franchise location.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Just sitting here watching the news and thinking how stupid the west and south are. Especially their governors who failed their districts. You could just see the wave on the CDC map going west. It was only a matter of time. I’d like to laugh but I have a cousin living in a hotspot.

Reactions: Ladyfan

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
This is a hot take that I usually keep to myself to avoid getting jumped on by all my friends in New England, but I hate IPAs. Can't stand them, way too bitter. Give me a lager, pilsner, porter, blonde, red ale, almost anything else, I'll generally like them all. But I just have no palate for IPA, no sir.

Reactions: sooshii

roflstomper

Barzal/Connor/Konecny
Sep 28, 2010
Rhode Island
"IT'S SUMMERTIME"
"SPRING WAS CANCELLED"

LOOKS LIKE SUMMERTIME IS STARTING JUST AS BAD AS SPRINGTIME EXCEPT FOR DEATHS.

PLEASE PAY ATTENTION

AMERICA DOESN'T NEED ONE MORE UNNECESSARY DEATH OR MORE SICK PEOPLE.

Unfortunately the reality is you have either had it, have it or will get it. No such "avoidables" exist. As long as hospitals are not overrun and everyone has access to care when they get sick this is life now until they MAYBE develop a vaccine, gotta get used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad