OT - NO POLITICS IT'S SUMMERTIME - ( spring was cancelled )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
theres already video of residents in Florida town halls ranting and raving about having to wear a mask

It’s insane to me that they could see what’s going on in their own home state and still be so selfish

BlackCrowes

Sep 10, 2014
Sunny Old Lyme
At the suggestion of my mother of all people, Mrs. 103 and I have started watching this show called “Yellowstone.” We’re four episodes into the first season (I think Season Three just started this past Sunday on the Paramount Network) and it is feckin good.

Kevin Costner stars as John Dutton - the biggest cattle rancher in Montana (also the state ranch commissioner) with a ranch larger than Rhode Island. Dutton has three grown sons and a daughter, and if anyone here thinks life is simpler out there, apparently that is not the case.

Whatever you think of Kevin Costner, I would say it’s the best role I’ve ever seen him in.

There’s foul language (even Costner drops the f-bomb in the third or fourth episode), sex, nudity, and more gratuitous violence than you might think. So, keep the wee ones away if you don’t want them seeing any of that.

Is anyone else watching this? I love it.

My Wife loves Yellowstone! I kinda take a break from TV in the summer because of no sports that I like watching, but she’s a fan and says it’s a great show.

Reactions: rfournier103

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
It’s stunning to me to watch this. It’s not politics, it’s just stunning that someone can be this gullible, this ignorant, of reality and still be a functioning member of a society that I exist in.

It's one thing to have a political leaning or ideology that you subscribe to. It's an entirely different thing to ignore reason and logic altogether and buy into whack job conspiracy theory nonsense like 5G is causing this virus or that Hillary Clinton is trafficking children through a pizza shop.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bocephus86

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Just got the initial guidelines for kids to return to schools here in MA in the fall. Our town is small, and the space is limited so we just found out kids will have to wear a mask, but they can't accommodate A 6 FT distancing. Literally nonsense.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I know Massachusetts is not perfect, but I'm eternally grateful that I no longer live in Tampa or Pasco County, Florida. Yowza.

In an effort to provide some positivity, here are a couple sites that are tracking how individual states are doing at containing the virus.

America’s COVID warning system.

Rt Covid-19

I've always been a proud Masshole, but I'm especially proud of the job we've done with COVID. We had a tough start, but we're doing a better job than anyone else at containing it right now.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

F40EE7F3-12D9-418C-A5A8-D1DD263FD695.jpeg

Reactions: Alicat and LSCII

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
In an effort to provide some positivity, here are a couple sites that are tracking how individual states are doing at containing the virus.

Rt Covid-19

I've always been a proud Masshole, but I'm especially proud of the job we've done with COVID. We had a tough start, but we're doing a better job than anyone else at containing it right now.

I hope we are able to continue doing the right thing.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

Rt Covid-19

I think the biggest plus we have here is that Massachusetts is probably the medical/biological/health sciences hub of the United States. And for a pandemic, it's a good mix between having excellent resources available but not being a huge city (ie NYC, LA, Houston). Probably next on my list would be Minnesota, for the Mayo Clinic. Also, IIRC, the colleges here shut down fairly quickly, which had to help.

Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Virus cases surge among the young, endangering older adults

18-49 is the fastest rising age bracket for infection now. Be nice to hear from some of the "it only impacts the elderly and I'm young so I don't care" crowd to hear their thoughts on this latest development. Needless today, the states that opened early and were lax about PPE and distancing have all exploded with new cases of the virus. That alone should be pretty telling for people who wondered if MA was doing the right thing by shutting down and staying shut longer.

Reactions: Alicat

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
My organization has gone from weekly notices to remain work from home in March, to 2 week stretches in April, to every 3 weeks in May, and last week they jumped 6 weeks to tell us we will be WFH till July 31. Hopefully the trend continues and on July 31st I'll get the whole rest of the summer + the beginning of Fall. I've only gone into the office for emergencies (3 times) and will do work from home until they drag my sweatpants wearing ass back into my office.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
My organization has gone from weekly notices to remain work from home in March, to 2 week stretches in April, to every 3 weeks in May, and last week they jumped 6 weeks to tell us we will be WFH till July 31. Hopefully the trend continues and on July 31st I'll get the whole rest of the summer + the beginning of Fall. I've only gone into the office for emergencies (3 times) and will do work from home until they drag my sweatpants wearing ass back into my office.

We're back July 6th, and it's miserable. lol

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
My company (in MA) never closed. All of us employees that had been working from home were ordered back May 1.

For those still working from home you are lucky. My blood pressure was lower when I was WFH and I actually got more work done.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Like how in a month I went from an essential employee to if you feel unsafe at work cuz of the 2 people who tested positive for Covid use vacation time, pto or just don’t come in. Smh

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
There are rumors of a September return to the office for me. Seems plausible i suppose. Not sure it will happen.

Reactions: LSCII
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad