Confirmed with Link: It's Started! (Management firings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Good for Taylor for doing some direct reporting instead of acting like her boss did.

Rossi and Yohe definitely have some explaining to do.

There was some pushback on that from Mark Madden today. Madden said Dubas was definitely in town, but that he was meeting with scouts and Sid just happened to be at the complex working out. It was supposedly a brief conversation, not an interview/sit-down.

It's Madden, though, so who knows.

Oh yea... two days after FSG gets permission to interview Dubas, Dubas goes to Pittsburgh by coincidence to "meet with scouts." This is like when people were initially denying that Crosby had mumps after his left cheek quadrupled in size because it wasn't "official" yet.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
The MB thread about this drama is just awful. Like everything on the MB. Every other comment is "lol Pittsburgh actually sux because the core is old." Including some "Pens fans." They can't actually even wait until the core IS actually too old and sucks. They gotta fast forward the misery I guess.

Also the fact that this shit spread to the national level based on the reputation of The Athletic is unfortunate. I have no idea why they employ these hacks.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
The MB thread about this drama is just awful. Like everything on the MB. Every other comment is "lol Pittsburgh actually sux because the core is old." Including some "Pens fans." They can't actually even wait until the core IS actually too old and sucks. They gotta fast forward the misery I guess.

Also the fact that this shit spread to the national level based on the reputation of The Athletic is unfortunate. I have no idea why they employ these hacks.
I'm not a lawyer, but can't Rossi get into libel territory for that kind of stuff?

I feel like Rossi writes whatever he wants because he gets away with it and none of his bosses tell him to cut that shit out.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
I'm not a lawyer, but can't Rossi get into libel territory for that kind of stuff?

I feel like Rossi writes whatever he wants because he gets away with it and none of his bosses tell him to cut that shit out.
No, libel and slander have very specific definitions that are actually hard to meet in court. You have to accuse someone of some very serious stuff to be charged with libel.

However, inaccuracies/falsehoods could definitely jeopardize their employment.

Hypothetically, if that's the only actual mistake in the article, a news organization would run a public correction. If there are multiple inaccuracies, there would be a retraction and that's when you get into suspension/termination territory.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
If Rossi would be at risk of getting fired for lying and publishing lies, he would have been fired years ago.

This whole saga just shows that Haase is actually the best Pittsburgh media person by far. Not only is she actually doing her job as a journalist, but players have to have respect for her to answer a question like that in Blueger's shoes. His team is about to go to the cup final and a reporter from an old team is asking about drama from 3 months ago, I can't imagine he'd reply if he didn't respect Haase as a journalist.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Do you know what I find hilarious about this? The Athletic didn't even get the restaurant right they went to:

The dinner at the restaurant hadn't even happened yet. Blueger and his father were supposed to go to the dinner that night, but didn't end up going after they learned of the trade. They did stop at the restaurant that night to say goodbye to his teammates who were there before leaving.

And for the record -- it wasn't Bern's Steakhouse they went to, either. It was a nice place called Jackson's Bistro Bar and Sushi right on the water by the team hotel.

It's such a small and insignificant detail but it just shows how disconnected clowns like Rossi are.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Rossi just used Bern's because that's where he gets his traditional Triple Creature Feature™ a double order of jalapeno cheese fries and a liter of cola whenever they are in Tampa.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Elephant in the room with Rossi is that he's just not a stable person. He went from ridiculous unreliable Trib reporter for years, went on a mental health leave, came back to the Athletic and was actually somewhat reasonable to all of our shock.. and then went on another mental health leave and now he's back and he's just as ridiculous as he was in his Tribune days.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Elephant in the room with Rossi is that he's just not a stable person. He went from ridiculous unreliable Trib reporter for years, went on a mental health leave, came back to the Athletic and was actually somewhat reasonable to all of our shock.. and then went on another mental health leave and now he's back and he's just as ridiculous as he was in his Tribune days.

Yohe will probably come at you for being mean to him because he has some sort of health issue. I remember that criticizing Rossi got backlash right after he announced he had a health problem.

Reactions: Turin

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Also to show how much of a hack Rossi is, he retweeted this after Kovacevic tweeted out Rossi was lying and blocked off any replies to his tweets about his article:

Haase and DK caught him lying, and instead of owning up to hit, he just accused them of being narcissists and turned off replies to his tweets about the article.

• Haha
Reactions: Lustaf and Turin

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I've definitely heard of him but he's generally known as pretty knowledgeable?
Yea I think somebody mentioned here earlier that he's not quite Bob MacKenzie or Seravali but he's the next tier. As far as Leafs go, and esp Dubas, he's quite connected. He's the guy who asked Dubas that question at the press conference where the answer basically got him fired.

Reactions: BrookswasHere44

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Yohe definitely the guy who disgustingly licks his fingers dry as he's eating. Imagine that disgusting brainstorm fanfiction session.

I'm honestly not the kind of guy that stands on niceties and things like table manners but there is something about sloppy loud eaters that really skeeves me out.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Neato

Anyhow, it's totally comforting and familiar that any hiring process in this organization turns into a weird dramafest regardless of who actually owns the team.
I'll take this prolonged, dramatic process over a rushed one with old boys club hires like the Flames did 10/10 times.
In the end, FSG will make it well in time for the draft and free agency. All the remaining candidates are relatively strong. Our worst option still seems to be a more than passable choice.
So, good on them. This boosted my confidence in how they'll conduct themselves in the future.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
licks his fingers to clean his hand before shaking someone else's hand

scooby-doo-thats-my-fetish.gif

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
Do you know what I find hilarious about this? The Athletic didn't even get the restaurant right they went to:

It's such a small and insignificant detail but it just shows how disconnected clowns like Rossi are.
I think what we hate about Rossi is more grounded in his frailty as a person than anything else. The dude has always been super insecure. He never really became a man.
I don't think a lot of what he's done is about clicks or pay, but rather him wanting attention and reactions. He fears being forgotten and ignored. All he'd be left with is his self-loathing.

When I listen to Shirey, he seems more mature to me at 23 than Rossi was at 40.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad