Post-Game Talk: It's Not Over 'til it's Over PART II - See you at Game 7!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaggs

Apr 20, 2014
THey just took their eyes off the prize after going up 3. Cut the mental mistakes and on the Tampa.

nyrleetch

Aug 2, 2009
New York
Never want to hear Caps fans crying about the refs again lol.

What a gift at the end.

Lundqvist was outstanding tonight.

One left to win... Crush them

RangersOwnNewYork*

That whole **** show over the last 12 minutes was caused by Girardi's idiotic cross ice pass when he simply could have dumped it in deep. Washington was done, they looked dead. Then that stupid pass caused a turnover and eventual goal and then it was heart attack central.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim
Then have high sticking, off-side, and delay of game calls challengeable. Maybe more that I can't think of. Have hooks and slashes unchallengeable.

And would you link the challenge to a timeout? I don't think that's the way to go. Don't leave it up to the coaches which plays should be reviewed. Don't have them weigh a potentially won challenge against a potentially lost challenge and ability to get a little extra rest after an icing. Now that adds a tactical element, but it doesn't do a lot towards getting the calls right.

The DOG penalty stops the play every time anyway and is an automatic call. They should be able to review it.

toastbag

Apr 23, 2012
I'm thinking the Caps gave all they could in the 3rd period because they knew there was no way they were going into MSG and winning a game 7.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Because the Capitals didn't roll over and die while trying to avoid going back to NYC?

No I mean I think they didn't play an overall good game, way too lose on defense and their gaps and all kinds of stuff. Both teams were pretty wide open for a bit but of course the Caps came on strong when they really got down. But like I said before, the Rangers have to manage the puck better against pressure like that. You can't just keep chipping it to the boards, it just gives the Caps the puck right back. It's a bad play.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Actually thought I was having a heart attack at one point. I think it was just that I didn't take a breath for about 90 consecutive seconds.

****ing ****. I can't take another game like that. Not an elimination game, anyway.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Obviously we were not playing ideally defensively late in the 3rd there. HOWEVER, They were literally getting every little bounce possible in the zones. whether it went off someone right to a cap or off a brokens stick/glass to another cap. It was ridiculous. Don't blame the defense on everything.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Keep in mind, if the Caps fall behind and try to surge next game, they won't have the crowd behind them giving them adrenaline. This is our series now that its 3-3.

Not only that, but they gave it everything they had. Everything. In the back of their heads I think they knew they had to get it done now. They fear game 7. They'll still make it tough, but it'll be ours. Everything is erased. It's all evened up. Doesn't matter how we got there. What matters is there is one game to play. One game where we do the right things, play the right way, play with confidence, play with the crowd, and get it done.

Washington will not win. They're done. It is their hearts that will break. It is written.

BarbaraAlphanse

I'm usually not too critical of the referee's. Usually, the reason why we lose a game is because the flaws are present within our team.

If tonight wasn't one of the most obvious attempts at a con job in NHL history, I don't know what is.

Throwing our center only repeatedly out of the face-off circle when the Capital's player was infracting more or equally. Pulling several pucks back after we won the face-off due to "bad puck drop". Allowing the Capitals to get away with far more blatant penalties and calling very soft ones on the Rangers. The ridiculously quick discussion that led to Sheppard's penalty. It was so obvious it had hit off the glass. One of the refs adamantly was alluding to the puck hitting the glass. Several seconds later, "Penalty on number 45, James Sheppard, for delay of game".

Horrible. League should look into these scum bags.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Caps will enter the game with memories of losing two game 7's to the NYR in the last few years. They'll be nervous.

or theyll be wanting to put that curse to bed

Caps are a good team, better than I thought. For the most part this series they've really played a tight, cohesive game

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
You know once in a damn while I'd happily settle for boring. A nice non stressful dead boring win.

....but nice going boys. A wins a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad