Post-Game Talk: It's Not Over 'til it's Over PART II - See you at Game 7!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gardenparty

Oct 21, 2011
Here's the $64,000 question. Not playing again 'til Wednesday - is that going to help/hurt the Rangers or have no effect?

Other than giving McD more time to heal (I was shocked he was able to come back after being stapled to the end boards by Ovechkin which could have been a charging penalty, but I digress....), does the extra day off hurt the Rangers' momentum? Will it help the Caps' recovery time (they have to be fatigued after 7 grueling games with the Isles and 6 with the Rangers)?

OnlyTruth

Objectivity&Justice
Dec 2, 2013
Here's the $64,000 question. Not playing again 'til Wednesday - is that going to help/hurt the Rangers or have no effect?

Other than giving McD more time to heal (I was shocked he was able to come back after being stapled to the end boards by Ovechkin which could have been a charging penalty, but I digress....), does the extra day off hurt the Rangers' momentum? Will it help the Caps' recovery time (they have to be fatigued after 7 grueling games with the Isles and 6 with the Rangers)?

Extra day off will help of course. Hank said that he was so tired after the game and completely out of gas. No idea what would had happen if we had to play OT. He really needs to work on his conditioning. Though Hank had one of the best games I remember in recent history. Need this kind of performance in game 7.

Last edited:

LongsufferingRangerf

Apr 7, 2015
CEsJQKSWEAAVeN4.jpg

Come on guys, bring on 1 more win here and this dude's head explodes. :p

Is that Ted?

JohnTonelliRises

Tonelli Approves↑
Sep 29, 2006
Connecticut
I thought the check was textbook clean. McD turned at the last moment. Ovi didn'l leave his feet. Ovi wasn't striding when he hit him.

I hated the hit, but I didn't see anything illegal.

I thought this as well. Hard hit, but McD also tried to avoid the brunt of it.

There were a number of other hits by Ovi and some other Caps player during this series that I thought were blatantly obvious, but no call was handed down for whatever reason.

Ovi just seems to channel his frustration into bizarrely excessive and often times illegal charges.

I wonder what stopped him kneeing other players though. I remember that was his MO awhile back.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

There were a number of other hits by Ovi and some other Caps player during this series that I thought were blatantly obvious, but no call was handed down for whatever reason.

Ovi just seems to channel his frustration into bizarrely excessive and often times illegal charges.

I wonder what stopped him kneeing other players though. I remember that was his MO awhile back.

I feel it was a charge but ok fine if many feel it was 100 percent clean and playoff hockey fine. Just imagine if Kreider did the same thing and plastered their top dman could you imagine the main boards.it would be the dirtiest player strikes again. That I have no doubt

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Extra day off will help of course. Hank said that he was so tired after the game and completely out of gas. No idea what would had happen if we had to play OT. He really needs to work on his conditioning. Though Hank had one of the best games I remember in recent history. Need this kind of performance in game 7.

Always gotta get a jab in, don't you?

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
^This

The Capitals were playing for their lives even though the media wants to focus on the Rangers just tying the series.

Do people think Trotz is a big dummy? He knew a game 7 return to MSG was bad news.

The Rangers weren't playing crappy or just sitting back. The Capitals were playing to survive.

And they still lost with a gift from Dear Bettman.

LGR!

They definitely fear it a bit, sure. And we do have some momentum on our side. But as pumped as we are, we've gotta realize that this caps team, with their backs against the wall, is going to be very dangerous. They won't stop. None of the talk or momentum or which rink it's at will matter. It is simply one game that's going to be one hell of a battle and test and we're simply going to have to be the better team, and earn it. We've got to bring our A game and we've got to get these dumb friggin unforced turnovers under control. That would actually be my #1 priority if I was to give the team a message. Stop the gifts.

But we have to win. We just must. We can't let them get away with that ******** big man talk. But we've got to show them why they can't get away with it. No fear. No holding back. Take it straight to them and never let them get a flow to their game. And most definitely, definitely hold that mother ****er off the board.

Between him and trotz I've never wanted to beat a team more. Seriously. I want to send them packing so bad; with the stench of failure trailing behind them. Up 3-1 and blowing it + not putting their 'money' where there mouth is. Utter failure. We must have that be their fate. I refuse to accept his arms up in the air and them all hugging and jumping all excited and then talk after the game about how much a leader he is and blah blah ****ing blah. **** that. No way.

So we'll need the garden rocking. And I mean motha ****in rocking. But the boys need to be laser focused too. I know Hank will be. But this caps team is so aggressive and cycle so well and Ovi has such a good shot sometimes that we all know that even Hank in superhuman mode might have 1 or 2 get by him no matter what he does; that's, if we let them establish that forecheck.

We need 4 or 5 to win this. We need the defensive turnovers to stop. They will, and I mean they absolutely ****ing will, capitalize on them. G is gonna have to be a superhero. He has to shut Ovi down. Kreider will need to be a beast for at least 60. Klein is going to have to play his best game yet and Yandle needs to let the rest of the series go, think nothing else other than how good he can be and then needs to play with confidence and make the right pass at the right time. They need to make perfect reads on when to pinch but need to also not have fear to do so. They need to be decisive in their decisions without delay.

Take it to this ****ing team. Show them why we're the Presidents Trophy winning record breaking game 7 owning motha ****in Rangers. Shut them the **** up, shut them the **** down, do it for 60, then proceed to rush Henrik and jump excitedly. Then, we all will feel the 'Playoff Spirit' re-enter into our beings... Maybe not for all of us, but definitely most of us.

And it was a spirit that was all but sucked out of us, that made our dream 'this can really be it!' season dissipate and left us numb, and empty, and cynical. A void that made all the other games less fun; because it seemed it was no longer about which team we want to face or not face, or evaluating how we'd fare against them, but instead was hard to even care because we knew how much a risk there was that the 3rd round didn't include us anyway. But if we win, the slate is clean. We will be one of four, and the dream will remain alive. We will have come back from being down 3-1 for the second year straight, and before long this miserable series will fade into the background, seeming as much as months ago as the Pens series now does. We will have moved on, and anything can happen. Players can find their grooves, their confidence. The team can solidify even further, closer than ever, more focused than ever. Hank can become even more godlike, focused like a laser beam.

But first is Wednesday. It will not be easy. There is no momentum for this game. The fans will only matter so much. The caps have confidence and focus that is hard to break and they most definitely will be ready for this game; this battle. They will potentially play their best game Wednesday, and we need to be ready too. And we will be. But we will lose years off our lives before it's over. Because they're not gonna stop if they're down, and as the minutes tick off we will see their fury in their game grow. We need to stay calm, make the right decisions, and play with no fear. We do not want this game going to OT. If it goes to OT we lose. I've seen the vision. We must win outright.

But we can. There's no reason we can't. We're the better team and we've got more heart. What they bring we must bring better. Test Holtby throughout and for gods sake keep traffic in front. I think my count is up to 13 'sure goals' we would've had if a player had only been close enough in the crease for the rebound. Get there. Battle to stay there. Make his life miserable.

We cannot let them rule this game. We cannot let them at any point feel like they're dominating. We need to stifle them and frustrate them. Then we need to shake their filthy downtrodden loser ****in hands. Because **** Ovi. And **** Trots. **** their guarantee and threats of harm and intimidation. Keep the 2nd round as their celing. Make them go home embarrassed and disgraced. We are the good guys in this story. And this movie is about to have a happy ****in ending.

Wednesday, you cannot, cannot possibly, get here soon enough. Rest up boys, hone your focus, and make us proud. All of you.

Thank you all for (not quite really) reading this long ass babble, but yeah, I feel a bit better now.

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Pressure is all on Washington. The collapse of them being up 3-1 and losing a series is larger than the pressure of us being the Presidents Trophy winners, going down in the series, only to come back and force (and) win a Game 7.

When you're down and almost out, coming back...you're playing with house money. Anything can happen in a Game 7.

Win the game, win the series.

Please, for our sanity and health, make it decisive.

Believe.

:rangers

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Saying Lundqvist needs to work on his conditioning because he was tired after a 42 save performance where he was shelled for 2 periods is an ignorant thing to say.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Saying Lundqvist needs to work on his conditioning because he was tired after a 42 save performance where he was shelled for 2 periods is an ignorant thing to say.

Pretty sure it was like 87 degrees in DC. Henrik said his legs were cramping up too.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
They definitely fear it a bit, sure. And we do have some momentum on our side. But as pumped as we are, we've gotta realize that this caps team, with their backs against the wall, is going to be very dangerous. They won't stop. None of the talk or momentum or which rink it's at will matter. It is simply one game that's going to be one hell of a battle and test and we're simply going to have to be the better team, and earn it. We've got to bring our A game and we've got to get these dumb friggin unforced turnovers under control. That would actually be my #1 priority if I was to give the team a message. Stop the gifts.

But we have to win. We just must. We can't let them get away with that ******** big man talk. But we've got to show them why they can't get away with it. No fear. No holding back. Take it straight to them and never let them get a flow to their game. And most definitely, definitely hold that mother ****er off the board.

Between him and trotz I've never wanted to beat a team more. Seriously. I want to send them packing so bad; with the stench of failure trailing behind them. Up 3-1 and blowing it + not putting their 'money' where there mouth is. Utter failure. We must have that be their fate. I refuse to accept his arms up in the air and them all hugging and jumping all excited and then talk after the game about how much a leader he is and blah blah ****ing blah. **** that. No way.

So we'll need the garden rocking. And I mean motha ****in rocking. But the boys need to be laser focused too. I know Hank will be. But this caps team is so aggressive and cycle so well and Ovi has such a good shot sometimes that we all know that even Hank in superhuman mode might have 1 or 2 get by him no matter what he does; that's, if we let them establish that forecheck.

We need 4 or 5 to win this. We need the defensive turnovers to stop. They will, and I mean they absolutely ****ing will, capitalize on them. G is gonna have to be a superhero. He has to shut Ovi down. Kreider will need to be a beast for at least 60. Klein is going to have to play his best game yet and Yandle needs to let the rest of the series go, think nothing else other than how good he can be and then needs to play with confidence and make the right pass at the right time. They need to make perfect reads on when to pinch but need to also not have fear to do so. They need to be decisive in their decisions without delay.

Take it to this ****ing team. Show them why we're the Presidents Trophy winning record breaking game 7 owning motha ****in Rangers. Shut them the **** up, shut them the **** down, do it for 60, then proceed to rush Henrik and jump excitedly. Then, we all will feel the 'Playoff Spirit' re-enter into our beings... Maybe not for all of us, but definitely most of us.

And it was a spirit that was all but sucked out of us, that made our dream 'this can really be it!' season dissipate and left us numb, and empty, and cynical. A void that made all the other games less fun; because it seemed it was no longer about which team we want to face or not face, or evaluating how we'd fare against them, but instead was hard to even care because we knew how much a risk there was that the 3rd round didn't include us anyway. But if we win, the slate is clean. We will be one of four, and the dream will remain alive. We will have come back from being down 3-1 for the second year straight, and before long this miserable series will fade into the background, seeming as much as months ago as the Pens series now does. We will have moved on, and anything can happen. Players can find their grooves, their confidence. The team can solidify even further, closer than ever, more focused than ever. Hank can become even more godlike, focused like a laser beam.

But first is Wednesday. It will not be easy. There is no momentum for this game. The fans will only matter so much. The caps have confidence and focus that is hard to break and they most definitely will be ready for this game; this battle. They will potentially play their best game Wednesday, and we need to be ready too. And we will be. But we will lose years off our lives before it's over. Because they're not gonna stop if they're down, and as the minutes tick off we will see their fury in their game grow. We need to stay calm, make the right decisions, and play with no fear. We do not want this game going to OT. If it goes to OT we lose. I've seen the vision. We must win outright.

But we can. There's no reason we can't. We're the better team and we've got more heart. What they bring we must bring better. Test Holtby throughout and for gods sake keep traffic in front. I think my count is up to 13 'sure goals' we would've had if a player had only been close enough in the crease for the rebound. Get there. Battle to stay there. Make his life miserable.

We cannot let them rule this game. We cannot let them at any point feel like they're dominating. We need to stifle them and frustrate them. Then we need to shake their filthy downtrodden loser ****in hands. Because **** Ovi. And **** Trots. **** their guarantee and threats of harm and intimidation. Keep the 2nd round as their celing. Make them go home embarrassed and disgraced. We are the good guys in this story. And this movie is about to have a happy ****in ending.

Wednesday, you cannot, cannot possibly, get here soon enough. Rest up boys, hone your focus, and make us proud. All of you.

Thank you all for (not quite really) reading this long ass babble, but yeah, I feel a bit better now.

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!

Love this post man. We have to do this.

:yo:

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

Have to agree with you and chosen. Originally I was flipping out that it wasn't a penalty (probably a bad combination of whiskey and passion) but after watching it again this morning it is clearly not boarding. Charging is an iffy call. Most definitely not boarding though.

OnlyTruth

Objectivity&Justice
Dec 2, 2013

Look, I didn't mean to insult anyone, but if you missed so many games in the regular season you should be much fresher. If you want to win the Cup, endurance is very important. The cup doesn't care if you made 42 saves or 50 saves. The best wins. You got to be prepared for anything(including multiple OT), that's all I'm saying.

Whitehawk1186

Mar 12, 2015
New Haven, CT
Pressure is absolutely on the Caps. They were 1:41 seconds away from beating a Rangers team that couldn't buy a goal, to now being in a do or die situation on the road. The way they played yesterday only proves that they did not want to come back to MSG for a Game 7. They put EVERYTHING they had out on the ice for the last two periods, and sill came up short.

It's a Game 7, and anything could happen. But having said that the Caps are gonna need to overcome a lot of demons if they are to win on Wednesday. GO RANGERS!

And lol for saying Lundqvist needs to condition harder. You try spending 60 minutes in over 20 pounds of equipment (which adds about 10 pounds due to profuse sweating) flailing around and trying to stop a puck flying at you every 15 seconds. He's tired immediately after the game...WHOOPDIE DO!

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Pressure is absolutely on the Caps. They were 1:41 seconds away from beating a Rangers team that couldn't buy a goal, to now being in a do or die situation on the road. The way they played yesterday only proves that they did not want to come back to MSG for a Game 7. They put EVERYTHING they had out on the ice for the last two periods, and sill came up short.

It's a Game 7, and anything could happen. But having said that the Caps are gonna need to overcome a lot of demons if they are to win on Wednesday. GO RANGERS!

Agreed.

They look like a team who just lost game 7 in their building, not game 6.

Pressure is on them.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Look, I didn't mean to insult anyone, but if you missed so many games in the regular season you should be much fresher. If you want to win the Cup, endurance is very important. The cup doesn't care if you made 42 saves or 50 saves. The best wins. You got to be prepared for anything(including multiple OT), that's all I'm saying.

Wow do you not know what it's like for these athletes, seemingly at all. The fact he could still stand afterwards at all means his conditioning was fine. No goalie, with no amount of games, with no amount of freshness, would've managed to be less tired while giving the same performance. Honestly, I have no idea how he even hung in there like he did. No conditioning on the planet; and I mean none; would've been able to withstand that better.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Why can't any point be made without 100 apologists jumping on a defense? This is not a jab, it is the truth. I give credit when it is due and vise versa. Objectivity is something you know **t about.

A player can be gassed after a game without it meaning he has poor conditioning.

The excellence and consistently elite number Hank has posted in the regular season and playoffs his entire career while being ridden like a race horse, leads me to believe his conditioning is fine. Him saying he's tired and looking beat after a busy game doesn't change that.

And what exactly and I an apologist about? You said he needs work on his conditioning. I'd say his track record and excellence in the playoffs which have routinely occurred after large regular season workloads and long playoff series, lead me to believe there's nothing for me to be objective about. You're wrong in saying he needs to work on his conditioning.

I know nothing about objectivity, yet you declare your opinion to be the TRUTH? Please.

Also, not sure what curse word you're going for there. 3 letters and ends in T?

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
Wow do you not know what it's like for these athletes, seemingly at all. The fact he could still stand afterwards at all means his conditioning was fine. No goalie, with no amount of games, with no amount of freshness, would've managed to be less tired while giving the same performance. Honestly, I have no idea how he even hung in there like he did. No conditioning on the planet; and I mean none; would've been able to withstand that better.

You have to give that guy credit, he sure has stamina as a Hank hater. When Hank is 43 years old and the back up to Halverson or Skapski or Shestyorkin his hate and ridiculous arguments may actually prove correct.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
A player can be gassed after a game without it meaning he has poor conditioning.

The excellence and consistently elite number Hank has posted in the regular season and playoffs his entire career while being ridden like a race horse, leads me to believe his conditioning is fine. Him saying he's tired and looking beat after a busy game doesn't change that.

And what exactly and I an apologist about? You said he needs work on his conditioning. I'd say his track record and excellence in the playoffs which have routinely occurred after large regular season workloads and long playoff series, lead me to believe there's nothing for me to be objective about. You're wrong in saying he needs to work on his conditioning.

I know nothing about objectivity, yet you declare your opinion to be the TRUTH? Please.

Also, not sure what curse word you're going for there. 3 letters and ends in T?

I gotta be honest... It blows my mind what I read on here sometimes. And I thought I had seen the height of absurdity and attention seeking premises when someone weeks back had posted blame on Mac for the Zucc injury. Actual contempt towards him. Obviously a premise that's the height of lunacy or purposeful baiting. But saying Henrik needs to be better conditioned after being tired after the game last night, well, now makes me question which premise deserves the medal more...

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
You have to give that guy credit, he sure has stamina as a Hank hater. When Hank is 43 years old and the back up to Halverson or Skapski or Shestyorkin his hate and ridiculous arguments may actually prove correct.

My problem is my memory only retains so much and I've been active here for only so long, so I do not yet know who does what or who hates who or even sometimes who I like and don't wanna be as much of a ***** to etc lol. But yeah, that's definitely some other level Hank Hate right there...

JohnTonelliRises

Tonelli Approves↑
Sep 29, 2006
Connecticut
I feel it was a charge but ok fine if many feel it was 100 percent clean and playoff hockey fine. Just imagine if Kreider did the same thing and plastered their top dman could you imagine the main boards.it would be the dirtiest player strikes again. That I have no doubt

Trust me in no way am I defending Ovechkin...

If you read my post, I was largely taking about how chippy and dirty he is as a player.

Obviously that hit was on the extremely excessive side, but McD as well as the Rangers need to be aware that their board play is tantamount to being hit by a Mack truck, whether legally or illegally.

There was about 700 hits in the Isles series against the Caps. I'd argue that roughly 20-25% of the Caps hit were questionably dirty or blatantly dirty.

The Caps are on the knuckle dragging side of things this year, so teams need to adjust and take the necessary precautions against them.

Sirius Vivace

Mar 15, 2015
What Hank had to go through in the latter half of the third period was extreme. Physically, he endured it. His physical conditioning & reflexes were all that they should have been, and he helped us get out of D.C. with a win.
If you put the situation in its appropriate context, I think you should be much more forgiving towards Henrik. This was an elimination game for us, and we contracted into a ball. WWIII was declared on Hank. I don't care how steely your nerves are or how cold the ice is that runs in your veins...if you are passionate and really care about winning the game (i.e. - not in it just for the paycheck), that situation is going to wreak havoc on your sympathetic nervous system. Nothing will drain you quicker. Henrik got through it..... physically, psychologically, AND emotionally. A game like last night would take its toll on anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad