Post-Game Talk: It's Not Over 'til it's Over PART II - See you at Game 7!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Also, I think Kreider scoring on the first shot was huge (obviously). Seems like it forced the caps to open the game up, which suits the rangers. As far as the prevent defense at the end I tend to think it was more the caps pressing than the rangers sitting back after going up 3. That was then magnified when the caps scored to get some momentum.

The Caps absolutely wanted to win and finish us off in their building. NO WAY do they want to come back to MSG.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
What a roller coaster.

They got it back to DC, and now they've gotten it back to New York.

It's 1 game now. I think we are going to see a war out there in Game 7.

When Kreider scored the first goal i flipped out and screamed so loudly that I scared the living daylights out of my 4 month old and she was crying and upset until Kreider scored again lol

New York Rangers, traumatizing children everywhere. Welcome to Rangerstown, kid.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
sometimes with 2 Cs on the line the first guy tries to cheat. if he gets thrown out, the second guy plays it safer.

Watching Moore, he goes all out on the cheating. He does everything, stick not down, turning, lifting the opponents stick, waving, all kinds of things. That's what you have to do to win in the NHL.

Being an excellent NHL faceoff guy is basically a euphemism for being the best cheater.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
The Caps absolutely wanted to win and finish us off in their building. NO WAY do they want to come back to MSG.

Hell yes, there's no way in hell they wanted to come back to the Garden. Trotz called it the "Lion's Den". Anyway, I am loving the smack talk that team is dishing out to convince themselves they can win.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
“@AGrossRecord: James Sheppard on Hank: "Sometimes it’s not even fair what that guy does. It makes us want to play for him. He’s done beyond his job."â€

Sheppard must be a total moron, because quite a few posters here have said otherwise.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Yup.

This was the second deep board head shot of the series.

I thought the check was textbook clean. McD turned at the last moment. Ovi didn'l leave his feet. Ovi wasn't striding when he hit him.

I hated the hit, but I didn't see anything illegal.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York

100%, they were playing the 3rd period like it was game 7. They absolutely did not want to come back to NY for a game 7.

Key to game 7: scoring early. Getting a multi goal lead. For some reason clamping down and turtling works better at MSG. Perhaps bc there is no crazy loud crowd surging the other team on.

I don't like the game going scoreless for a long time, I feel it favors the Caps.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago

yeah you're right. i don't know if anyone remembers the game against them this regular season in December when they out attempted us something like 24 to 5 in the 3rd. Or in March when they out attempted us 31 to 7 in the third.

We won those games 2-1 and 3-0 respectively.

Caps can make pushes. We keep weathering the storm. The circumstances (elimination game, home ice, 2 goal comeback) certainly drove this to a bigger extreme, but it's not like they proved anything other than that they threw everything they had at us.

If anyone (including OV) expects that to continue through 60 minutes on Wednesday, then they don't understand hockey. Both teams will be equally desperate. Caps won't have the fans behind them. Caps won't have the last say on matchups. Caps may be riding some momentum from a 2 goal comeback (loss), but the Rangers will have the surge of a 2 game comeback.

Game is anybody's, that's for sure. But OV and all should take a step back and consider just how confident they should be after last game.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
I thought the check was textbook clean. McD turned at the last moment. Ovi didn'l leave his feet. Ovi wasn't striding when he hit him.

I hate to say it, but that's my stance as well. Compared to his usual bs, he held back a little bit.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Yup.

This was the second deep board head shot of the series.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

Agreed.

I've also seen the hit called "uncalled for" several times. What is this, the ice capades?

Jan 8, 2012
NY
It wasn't as bad as the hit he made on Hickey in game 7. Any other player would have been ejected from the game for that ********.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
I overcame the exact same tragedy. Almost to the letter. I go to work everyday putting my all into it as well. Does he have kids? Cause that's why I do it. Cause you have no choice then. You do what you gotta do. And from personal experience, what I can also say is that work; and I'm sure in his case hockey, becomes the #1 distraction that helps things seem even remotely normal. You put even more effort in sometimes than prior, because it becomes all you know and gives you something to focus on. I guarantee it's the same for him. And I was so glad when we got him back, because I felt a kinship with him, and couldn't be prouder of him as well.

I am truly sorry about your loss and equally happy for you that you were able to fight your way through it and be there for your children.

Moore and his late wife did not have children but like you said, hockey was probably what helped him fight throught the pain and sorrow.

Snyper

Mar 2, 2015
Did anyone happen to hear the Kreider interview with John Giannone during 2nd intermission on radio broadcast?

Kreider actually said he thought that 'in the 2nd period the Rangers played better than the 1st.'

That's what's messed up about this team. They like to play crazy defensive zone Hockey with their backs against the wall. It's the Torts influence.

Makes it tough on the fans though. We could use a Game 7 like the last Game 7 against Washington. A laugher. Arron Asham anyone?

poeman

To Win The One Ring
Mar 8, 2006
I don't have anything to argue with what Ovechkin said...He knows they have to win, just like we know we have to win. This guarantee is not going to chase momentum or swing something around. They may need a edge so they will use it.

The Rangers have shown they are capable of winning down and are able to fix their early problems with Caps defense and Holtby. Now we need to just stop the side angles and make it hell for the Caps to get shots off. We need to dictate the game on offense.

I also think winning 4-1 would have made me so much better, but I don't want a Rangers team coming back completely confident that they have recovered and are ready to win the series. The Caps coming back to make it a game gives this team more to learn from, we need to manage our shifts and get things corrected to advance.

Controlling guys like Ward, Chimera, Kuznetsov are key. I honestly think the extra day of rest will help the Rangers a bit. Now they have to use MSG and their game to push them forward.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
The problem with Ovi's hit on McD was it was textbook charging. He took more than 3 strides into the hit and it was pretty clear. That's against the rules in this league. It's ******** he isn't being calked out on it.

poeman

To Win The One Ring
Mar 8, 2006
The problem with Ovi's hit on McD was it was textbook charging. He took more than 3 strides into the hit and it was pretty clear. That's against the rules in this league. It's ******** he isn't being calked out on it.

More so then the charging/boarding I have a problem with the delay of game call...That was bush league and totally unnecessary by the refs just to make themselves seem relevant

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010

Absolutely. And 95% of everybody agrees with you. Cause you're right.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Did anyone happen to hear the Kreider interview with John Giannone during 2nd intermission on radio broadcast?

Kreider actually said he thought that 'in the 2nd period the Rangers played better than the 1st.'

That's what's messed up about this team. They like to play crazy defensive zone Hockey with their backs against the wall. It's the Torts influence.

Makes it tough on the fans though. We could use a Game 7 like the last Game 7 against Washington. A laugher. Arron Asham anyone?

Yes and No. Even in his Vancouver days, AV liked to get the lead and then avoid the offensive zone like it was the plague.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.

^This

The Capitals were playing for their lives even though the media wants to focus on the Rangers just tying the series.

Do people think Trotz is a big dummy? He knew a game 7 return to MSG was bad news.

The Rangers weren't playing crappy or just sitting back. The Capitals were playing to survive.

And they still lost with a gift from Dear Bettman.

LGR!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia