Post-Game Talk: It's Not Over 'til it's Over PART II - See you at Game 7!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Trotz talking crap now. I sincerely hope they end up eating these words. Big time.

I love how the Rangers just seem to go about their business and do what they have to do and say all the right things as to never rile the opposition. I'm loving this. Oh, how I want this win on Wednesday. Please, hockey Gods....please....

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Trotz talking crap now. I sincerely hope they end up eating these words. Big time.

I love how the Rangers just seem to go about their business and do what they have to do and say all the right things as to never rile the opposition. I'm loving this. Oh, how I want this win on Wednesday. Please, hockey Gods....please....

Ehh, I would exactly call that talking ****. Talking **** was his idiotic rear view mirror comment. But the Craps do like to run their mouths, only to never back it up. Starts with their born loser of a captain, who I hope the Rangers will send golfing before the 3rd round once again.

When was the last time a Rangers player or coach ran their mouths? I remember Torts calling the Penguins out for whining. That was 2012. Seems like this is a yearly occurence for the Craps.

Captain Lindy

Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Ehh, I would exactly call that talking ****. Talking **** was his idiotic rear view mirror comment. But the Craps do like to run their mouths, only to never back it up. Starts with their born loser of a captain, who I hope the Rangers will send golfing before the 3rd round once again.

When was the last time a Rangers player or coach ran their mouths? I remember Torts calling the Penguins out for whining. That was 2012. Seems like this is a yearly occurence for the Craps.

I was thinking of that too! Oh, how I want to beat this team. :bow:

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.

Things Barry Trotz said [note: he did say this in the article]

“His whole career, he’s said stuff,” Trotz said at the team’s practice facility on Monday, a day off for the players. “Every year, he says stuff that (is) bold — and he backs it up, usually.”

Wow! Nothing scares me more than usually!

“I don’t see a Stanley Cup banner here, yet. So history — you have to make your own history,” Trotz said, sprinkling in a reference to the Boston Red Sox ending their 86-year wait for a World Series title in 2004."

We have 4, but I get what you are saying.

I was reading some stuff. Our record’s not very good as an organization. True. Absolutely true,” he said. “But we can change that. I would think, just looking at some of the numbers, the odds are in our favor right now, right?”

That doesn't sound like you are so sure Barry.

Things Barry Trotz Should have said [note: he did not say this]

"What's the 3rd round like?

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY

A game seven win by Washington would be huge for Ovechkin and Trotz. He had some strong regular season teams in Nashville but never made it out of the second round. A conference finals appearance would be uncharted territory for him.

I can't get too worked up over anything Ovechkin or Trotz says in terms of guarantees because there are 20 guys from NY who get to have a say in what happens in game seven but they let their play on the ice speak for them. ;)

And in all honesty, the same thing goes for the Capitals--just look at their desperate play in the third period last night and tell me that wasn't a team that wanted absolutely nothing to do with a game seven in New York.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
**** the caps and more importantly **** these stupid refs.

I dare any craps fan to tell me that they are rangers biased after that. Absolutie pure garbage call on sheppard for nothing other than ratings.

Trust me they will.

Captain Lindy

Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Things Barry Trotz said [note: he did say this in the article]

“His whole career, he’s said stuff,†Trotz said at the team’s practice facility on Monday, a day off for the players. “Every year, he says stuff that (is) bold — and he backs it up, usually.â€

Wow! Nothing scares me more than usually!

“I don’t see a Stanley Cup banner here, yet. So history — you have to make your own history,†Trotz said, sprinkling in a reference to the Boston Red Sox ending their 86-year wait for a World Series title in 2004."

We have 4, but I get what you are saying.

I was reading some stuff. Our record’s not very good as an organization. True. Absolutely true,†he said. “But we can change that. I would think, just looking at some of the numbers, the odds are in our favor right now, right?â€

That doesn't sound like you are so sure Barry.

Things Barry Trotz Should have said [note: he did not say this]

"What's the 3rd round like?
LOL!!! I hope he never sniffs the third round. Also, one of the Caps said "our goalie is better than their goalie." Wow! Did they turn into a bunch of school kids over night? I just can't believe that stupidity. :shakehead

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Enough of this nonsense. Time for a coaches challenge already. Off sides, delay of game, puck off the netting...these are not subjective calls. Get it right for crying out loud. Could you imagine if the caps scored on that BS call and won in OT????

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Can someone explain what charging is?? I was led to believe it was when u skate full speed at a player and continue skating through the hit even tho the puck is already gone giving no attempt to lessen the force of the hit. Is that not wat ovechkin did to McDonagh?

419forever

Mar 14, 2008
NJ
Can someone explain what charging is?? I was led to believe it was when u skate full speed at a player and continue skating through the hit even tho the puck is already gone giving no attempt to lessen the force of the hit. Is that not wat ovechkin did to McDonagh?

It's really vague. NHL rule 42:

A minor or major penalty shall be imposed on a player who skates or jumps into, or charges an opponent in any manner. Charging shall mean the actions of a player who, as a result of distance traveled, shall violently check an opponent in any manner. A “charge†may be the result of a check into the boards, into the goal frame or in open ice.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/en/v3/ext/rules/2014-2015-rulebook.pdf

Jan 8, 2012
NY
By telling Hank "all series long", didn't Ovenchicken basically guarantee that he would be scoring goals in every game of the series? That has gone super well.

The little chicken **** needs a game 7 embarrassment better than 2013.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013

Seems like the Capitals are trying to convince themselves they can win Game 7 by saying it to the media.

Sirius Vivace

Mar 15, 2015

I thought it was more than 3 strides before hitting or leaving your feet to make the hit.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
Since every game has been a 1 goal win game so far - I expect a Ranger blow out tomorrow..

4-0 NYR...

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Kreider literally saved the series. 2 games straight he carried the team.

He's turning into a hell of a playoff player. This is especially impressive for a young guy. 16 goals in 51 playoff games while using his size and speed... and most importantly driving the fans of the Canadian Olympic Diving Team crazy.

holy ****ing crap....

He really is getting it done in the post season. wtf... what am I saying?!

Maybe AV knew what he was doing all season long. It's almost as if he's a better coach than the posters on this forum.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York

Anyone think that Ovy's quote “We’re going to play our game and we’re going to come back and we’re going to play Montreal or Tampa,†is also telling in the fact that he's talking about the two other teams? Maybe their next opponent has been in his head the past 2 games and he assumed the series was over after it went to 3-1?

Usually you want guys just saying we're going to focus on this game, nothing else matters.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
He's turning into a hell of a playoff player. This is especially impressive for a young guy. 16 goals in 51 playoff games while using his size and speed... and most importantly driving the fans of the Canadian Olympic Diving Team crazy.

Maybe AV knew what he was doing all season long. It's almost as if he's a better coach than the posters on this forum.

Has he really played 51 PO games already? That's more than most players will probably ever play in their career.

His game 5 goal will be the most important goal of the season if the Rangers pull out the win on Wednesday.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Anyone think that Ovy's quote “We’re going to play our game and we’re going to come back and we’re going to play Montreal or Tampa,†is also telling in the fact that he's talking about the two other teams? Maybe their next opponent has been in his head the past 2 games and he assumed the series was over after it went to 3-1?

Usually you want guys just saying we're going to focus on this game, nothing else matters.

Subban, after the Habs won game 4, literally said, "how cool would it be to come back from 3-0?"

That was so shocking to me. I've never heard a Rangers player talk about anything but the next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia