It's Not Easy Being Green, Mike Green Pt. 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I slightly miswrote that. I said, "He may be healthy, but he may also just be in a position get any worse if he plays. The problem with him is that his injury has only returned 50-60% of standard. Its hard to know for sure."

I should have written that as "The problem might be...."
As I also wrote both that "He may be healthy.." and "its hard to know for sure" I meant to get across that there is a realistic question mark.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
You know, if you trade Orlov/Schmidt - that's 3 million right there... Probably 50-60% of what Greens salary would be. I'd do that in a heartbeat. We will have some other guys who have proven/able to step in and play when needed (Carrick/Oleksy/Bowey/etc).

Trade Schmidt and Orlov for forward help - keep Green/Gleason - and then you keep the best defense in the NHL and improve your forwards. A veteran/proven defense is such a great thing to have. It has been more important than Ovechkin/Backstrom these playoffs.... and we've never said that before. It rules.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
You know, if you trade Orlov/Schmidt - that's 3 million right there... Probably 50-60% of what Greens salary would be. I'd do that in a heartbeat. We will have some other guys who have proven/able to step in and play when needed (Carrick/Oleksy/Bowey/etc).

Trade Schmidt and Orlov for forward help - keep Green/Gleason - and then you keep the best defense in the NHL and improve your forwards. A veteran/proven defense is such a great thing to have. It has been more important than Ovechkin/Backstrom these playoffs.... and we've never said that before. It rules.

I'd part with one, not both in the right upgrade deal for a forward.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
I slightly miswrote that. I said, "He may be healthy, but he may also just be in a position get any worse if he plays. The problem with him is that his injury has only returned 50-60% of standard. Its hard to know for sure."

I should have written that as "The problem might be...."
As I also wrote both that "He may be healthy.." and "its hard to know for sure" I meant to get across that there is a realistic question mark.

Fair enough. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad