It's Not Easy Being Green, Mike Green Pt. 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Green has been out 2 separate times already and missed 7 of 26 games. I think you have to be hoping he comes back strong and you have to be thinking "sell high". I wanted to see how he'd fit with a new coach and system and if he could stay healthy and it looks like the system and defense make him expendable in his "protected" minutes and his perpetual issues with missing stints of games make him a long-term risk at whatever likely market value he'll have when healthy. In contention or not, if he's healthy I think you move him.

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009
Green has been out 2 separate times already and missed 7 of 26 games. I think you have to be hoping he comes back strong and you have to be thinking "sell high". I wanted to see how he'd fit with a new coach and system and if he could stay healthy and it looks like the system and defense make him expendable in his "protected" minutes and his perpetual issues with missing stints of games make him a long-term risk at whatever likely market value he'll have when healthy. In contention or not, if he's healthy I think you move him.

At this point I don't care anymore. There has been epic miss management of this teams assets the past few years. I said a few years ago and I stand by it today. As soon as Mike Green is gone the team takes steps to be a better team. No matter how good he was or some believe he still is. He can not help the team on IR. Its hard to win in a salary cap league when constantly playing with 10% of the cap tied to the IR with one player.

HOLDITHERE*

I love how Caps fans treat the guy like he's Satan because he's fragile. I highly doubt he plans the **** out. :laugh:

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009
I love how Caps fans treat the guy like he's Satan because he's fragile. I highly doubt he plans the **** out. :laugh:

That's not it at all. Its about about having the sense to fold pocket QQ when you know deep down inside they are not going to hold up. This organization has been holding on the a losing hand for to long. They have had many chances to fold this had and did not have the stones to do it. And now I fear they will just get blinded out loosing it never even playing a hand.

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
I doubt that any changes get made before the Winter Classic. It would be too disruptive. Green should be up and running by then.

Burakovsky95*

Adam Vingan ‏@AdamVingan 27 seconds ago
Mike Green will not travel to Tampa Bay. #Caps

Cancel the parade

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Bottom line with Green, you can't count on him to stay healthy. Not worth keeping moving forward.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
I'm in the middle of the love/hate relationship with Green. I think he can be an important player to a team, especially on the PP. Obviously he cannot stay off the IR. We could use the Cap space as well, I haven't noticed or missed Green since he's been out with this injury. Perhaps that's because Niskanen has been pretty decent on the PP, Carlson had a couple goals, Schmidt looks like he will be a hell of a player. I think its about time.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
The knock on Green has never been about talent or ability, just durability and mistakes. When he was young we all assumed he would correct his mistakes and stop selling out so much. He did get better, but not better enough. He's still great on the pp though.

Mickstix

Nov 30, 2010
Central Florida
I like Mike Green.. But he's just too fragile. I like Brooks Laich too.. Same deal..

Does anyone even know what ails Green? He took a hard hit and still came out for a shift or two, but now it's like he's recovering from surgery or something? Rub some dirt on it kid and get back in there!! lol

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Maybe they can combine Green and Laich to create one healthy hockey player. Although.. he'd still have a wonky groin, so it won't work.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
saloInjuryList.jpg

Green heading for the records.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
A franchise who even begun to understand how to build a contender would have traded him 3 years ago. Semin 4 years ago.

Said it then. Tired of saying it now.

Halpysback*

Wings wouldn't deal Larkin for Myers but I'm sure they would for half a season of an injured 3rd pairing Green.

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
A franchise who even begun to understand how to build a contender would have traded him 3 years ago. Semin 4 years ago.

Said it then. Tired of saying it now.

we dont always agree but on 52, we have been saying move on from him for 3 years....how this is still a thing is beyond me. He is the poster child for what has been wrong....not putting the blame "on" him...but he cant stay healthy, his best play has been by far in the regular season....and these days are over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad