Blue Jays Discussion: It's here! it's here! it's here! it's here! Baseball season begins!(WARNING:post 728)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Jays' staff recent history with predicting injury outcomes hasn't been stellar. If there's a way to get hurt, Tulo is likely to find it, but the odds are still on our side.

Any word on Loup's injury?

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013
That confirms it: Kevin Pillar's chin is harder than Bartolo Colon's fastball.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Damn, please be ok Tulo :(

If it were up to me Sanchez is in the rotation. I don't see how anyone could look at this spring training and say he hasn't earned a shot. Floyd to the pen and will be insurance if Sanchez struggles.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
If it were up to me Sanchez is in the rotation. I don't see how anyone could look at this spring training and say he hasn't earned a shot. Floyd to the pen and will be insurance if Sanchez struggles.
I don't know why but I have this feeling that Shapiro and Atkins will want Floyd as one of the starters given his connection to the Indians. I'm sure that's why he was even signed to start with.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
But Floyd came out of the pen during his brief time in Cleveland last year.

If there was a competition to begin with then you can't not give a spot to Sanchez. If Sanchez ends up in the pen then there wasn't a competition that involved him in the first place, because if he was in a competition he's clearly won it.

Every negative he's had in the past has been great this spring, lack of walks, lots of K's, he's been better against Lefties than righties.

It's a small sample size sure, against half a minor league lineup most games, and he could go into the season, facing better competition on a regular basis and go back to his old ways, but if we came into this spring with Sanchez having a chance to earn a spot in the rotation then he's earned it.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Good news regarding Tulo.

As for Sanchez, it shouldn't even be a debate at this point. He's been arguably the best starter in pre-season, and he is part of the nucleus of the future. Even if he and Floyd had comparable performances in Dunedin, you still give the edge to Sanchez for that reason.

Our pen is strong enough without him, and our starting rotation is much better with him. Floyd will get his chance at some point with the inevitable injuries to starters throughout the season.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
Damn, please be ok Tulo :(

He has but keep him on a short leash. If he struggles with control a stint in the minors can do him good. He reminds me of Chris Archer early on. Such good stuff, little control. But I have faith in him.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
He has but keep him on a short leash. If he struggles with control a stint in the minors can do him good. He reminds me of Chris Archer early on. Such good stuff, little control. But I have faith in him.

I hope they put him in the rotation. I don't think there's much of a downside. If it works, great you got a starter, if not, you know what he can do in the pen.

With the spring he's had, I don't see how he hasn't at least earned April to show his stuff in the regular season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad