It's Easy To Be A Great Coach When You Have The Greatest QB EVER !!!

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Bill Belichick only became a genius after he got Tom Brady. This year, he doesn't look that smart.

I'm just glad the TRUE greatest coach EVER, Don Shula, passed away before seeing his All Time Win record overtaken.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Bill Belichick only became a genius after he got Tom Brady. This year, he doesn't look that smart.

I'm just glad the TRUE greatest coach EVER, Don Shula, passed away before seeing his All Time Win record overtaken.
A lot of people have either forgotten about, or are too young/weren't even born yet when BB was at best a mediocre head coach during his time in Cleveland.

Reactions: ORRFForever

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Adam Gase was labelled an offensive genius with Peyton Manning as his QB. Look at him now!

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I don't even like the Patriots but like, they lost 8 guys to COVID opt-outs, were already laughably thin at skill positions on offense and are starting as QB who by all intents and purposes didn't even have time to get acclimated to the Pats system.

The fact they're 2-3 is somewhat of a miracle.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Some say Bellichick made Brady. Some say Brady made Bellichick.

Reasonable people say that they were just two of the best at their jobs who happened to work with each other.

Not many coaches would be having a ton of success right now with the fractured roster that they are working with. Especially with Hoyer/Stidham at QB, COVID aside....

No matter who you are, no matter what sport you are involved in, you will never stay at the top forever. The guy is 5 games into his new era (without Brady), why don't we pump the brakes a little bit?

Sep 19, 2008
Also Belichick was for what it's worth passable in Cleveland. He was the last coach to have them 4-1 until Stefanski pulled it off. They had Nick Saban as a defensive coordinator.

Some people do better their second time around. Andy Reid was pilloried for not winning the big game in Philly. He went to KC and won a title.

Reactions: Tarantula and 4Orr

member 157595

I don't even like the Patriots but like, they lost 8 guys to COVID opt-outs, were already laughably thin at skill positions on offense and are starting as QB who by all intents and purposes didn't even have time to get acclimated to the Pats system.

The fact they're 2-3 is somewhat of a miracle.

Bingo.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

Attachments

• gase.jpg
    gase.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: DoyleG and OmniCube

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

The greatest QB ever may have been Dan Marino.

.......trying to remember his coach and how many championships they won........any help?

Reactions: JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
The greatest QB ever may have been Dan Marino.

.......trying to remember his coach and how many championships they won........any help?
The difference...

Marino could NOT win the BIG games. Not in college, not in the pro's. NO one choked like Marino.

Like I said, now that Brady is elsewhere, let's see how many Championships B.B. racks up. ;)

member 157595

The difference...

Marino could NOT win the BIG games. Not in college, not in the pro's. NO one choked like Marino.

Like I said, now that Brady is elsewhere, let's see how many Championships B.B. racks up. ;)

...you have to be f***ing kidding me.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
He was a very good coach, very much a trend setter. So was Landry and Noll. I couldn't say who was better between the 3 of them, much less the best of all time.

I hated the team, but the 49ers were so great under Bill Walsh. Only coached for 10 years, so he didn't get a chance to compile, but a 30% Championship rate ain't too shabby and 10-4 in the playoffs is amazing.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
...you have to be f***ing kidding me.
No...

He choked in big college games - it is why he was drafted so late, he choked in the NFL playoffs, he choked against the Buffalo Bills - who were the team to beat at that time.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Mike Mccarthey disagrees.

He had the best QB ever and constantly cost his team many wins with his dumb coaching decisions.

I mean Bill deserves the most credit, more so than Brady, Theres a reason Brady went Round 6, Look at those first 2 Super Bowls, Brady wasn't doing anything special, that was all Bill.

Hell the 1st Superbowl was Brady doing basically nothing, IIRC Bledsoe and the Pats D had the same amount of TDs as Brady that postseason.

Without Tom Brady in 2008, Bill went 11-5 with Cassel, Made Cassel look like a very good QB, so good that a GM paid Cassel well.

Jimmy G & Brissett went 3-1 in New England when Brady got Suspended

Last edited:
Reactions: 4Orr

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Poor Shula! He coached a bunch of bums like Unitas, Griese, and Marino for his entire career
LOL. He had Unitas at the VERY END of his career - after he stopped being a starter.

As for Bob Griese... Have you ever looked at his stats? He has a career passing rating of 77.1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad