Post-Game Talk: It was a rehearsal - CBJ 4 BRUINS 1

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
How bad was Brad's injury? 173

Honestly it wasn't like he came off the ice needing help. There wasn't any one identifiable moment - at least not to me - that showed where or how he got injured. Not like he took a puck to the leg or fell down hard. But he was limping a little bit.

I would guess that it was more like a pull or small strain and not a full-fledged problem that's going to keep him out for multiple rounds.

Reactions: Maine Fan

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
No shit. I've seen this core have effort issues in the past. They gave zero f***s tonight and that's okay, the game didn't matter. It still needs to change.

Certainly, Game 7 losses at home in 2012 (Washington) and 2014 (Poutineville) stung

Last year in Game 7 against the Blues they came out flying but Binnington became Ken Dryden and Marchand's brain fart late in the 1st period was fatal as then the team played scared.

I don't really care about the round-robin either - Maybe they win all 3, maybe they lose all 3 - The key is being ready when the Round of 16 begins

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Gotta wash that rust off. As I've said before, it's stating the obvious to say that the Bs camp didn't seem to go that well. Some good points, but it certainly wasn't as smooth or effective as you would like, and it shows. By contrast Columbus came to play, and they needed to, because next week is do or die for them. The Bruins aren't at that point yet. So this exhibition loss won't hurt them as long as it serves to reinforce how much work they've still got to do, and gives them a kick to knuckle down, train hard and find those extra gears. I think we'll get a better idea of where they're really at on Sunday.

Reactions: BMC

Drunkenfish

Oct 1, 2018
Good except for DeBrusk, the most disapointing player toningt for me. No hockey sense and losing all of the battle along the board.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
First three shifts were great. Rest of the first period was bad. Bruins were improved in the second and third.

Krejci line was outstanding. There's going to be lots of talk about Stud but he received a lot of setups and didn't do well with them. If he plays in that spot he's gotta be better.

First goal was on Kuraly but he was really good after that. Until the shift at the end of the game, the fourth line struggled. Get Lindholm out of there.

Defense really struggled with the first pass. Chara and McAvoy were the only ones who looked good.

As for the Jackets, I thought they looked sharp. They didn't give up much. The only guy who struggled was Savard. Why do I hate Nash now?
I thought Lindholm was the best player on the 4th line, Nordstrom and Wagner struggled.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I thought Lindholm was the best player on the 4th line, Nordstrom and Wagner struggled.

I thought they were all terrible.

Lindholm isn't in my line-up come Game 1 if everyone is healthy. Kuraly is the motor that keeps the 4th line going, W or C leave him there. I'll keep Nordstrom over Lindholm for now, both can sit when Kase is ready.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Glad these next one's don't really count because we look like we need the Xtra games to tune up
These games don't mean nothing it's only a warmup, including the seeding games.

Then they control their destiny, it's up to them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad