Post-Game Talk: It was a rehearsal - CBJ 4 BRUINS 1

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
So I'm a little confused.....got the Columbus broadcast, they kept saying Bruins are the top seed in the east since they were far enough ahead that no one can catch them in the seeding round......I though that was the point of playing, to see where the top teams will be seeded.....

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
So I'm a little confused.....got the Columbus broadcast, they kept saying Bruins are the top seed in the east since they were far enough ahead that no one can catch them in the seeding round......I though that was the point of playing, to see where the top teams will be seeded.....
It is. I listened to that broadcast too and they made many mistakes.

Reactions: lopey

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
I think what Cassidy wanted out of this game and what Tortorella wanted were two different things. Bruins were in warm-up mode, while the Jackets wanted to get into the playoff mindset as quick as possible.

I’m fine with it.

Torts is my favorite NHL coach outside of the B's organization by far, I honestly don't know if it is because I actually like his coaching style or if I just love the comic relief....either way it is fine by me.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Also the guys on the Bs fighting for spots all looked good tonight. I also saw more from Studnicka in that game with Krejci than I have with any winger he’s had since Iggy.

It’s going to be tough for Kase or Ritchie to get back in the lineup.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
It really says something about Pasta's natural goal scoring ability when he hasn't played with the team since the season shut down and he pulls that fake pump shot 5 hole goal out of his cap on the fly. Love that kid.
Well, Bergeron did say that he and Marchand has some catching up to do, to catch up with Pasta :laugh:

Reactions: BMC and BaBaBruins

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I just want to compliment the players who stood out in a good way rather than those who were smelly. Studs, DeBrusk, Jaro Halak and maybe a couple others (couldn't see the game too well, sat in my kitchen). Everyone else will come back to form. I just hope that Marchy, DeBrusk are okay. Studnicka looking ok (after the collision with Jake) during the question and answer segment .
From here on out I'm watching on a bigger screen!;)

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
My only issue is this core has a history of not showing up effort wise in big games. Zero effort tonight. Hopefully the next 3 games make them start giving a shit.

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
Studnicka looked great and deserves a longer look on the 2nd line. Very slick passer. I assume the Brad Marchand Dangle Show will now be put away for the rest of the tournament. I get that it is an exhibition game, but the team has to get up to speed rapidly and I was hoping for a bit more dedication to being responsible with the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00