NHL It is with great sadness to inform Bruins fans that...........

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Claude did well. When every playoff team had 3 forwards better than your best forward claude did all he could with that projected lottery roster. He needs to coach a contender which hell never get in Montreal

Ya without Claude this team is garbage imo. His d system is hard to play against.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I am just waiting to hear from @BMC and @Gee Wally on this development - and @HockeyGoddess must be distraught

But I do feel the pain of some of the good Habs fans like @Whitesnake

Hey no problem man. I actually don't think, unfortunately for most Bruins fans....;-), that since we didn't expect anything, not having it....is not that big of a deal this year. I think that individually we had some awesome performances, Domi, Danault, Tatar...but this team is far from being a contender. And with Bergevin running the show, you guys don't have anything to worry about. Actually the worst thing is not not making the playofffs....the worst is that this is actually the worst spot to finish in.....not making the playoffs, and worst pick of them all though....if we can pick a McAvoy...that would be that bad would it?

Anyway, as I stated on our board, I known you guys are going to crush the Leafs and frankly, are going to beat TBay. Going to the Cup is a mix of talent and luck. You've got the talent....the luck part is the fact that probably the most important player of the lightning Hedman is not 100%. So you guys are gonig for the Cup this year. And might actually win it. A great mix of trades and picks....I can't envision what your team would have been liked if Barzal, Connor and Co would have been Bruins though....but even without them, you are a force to be reckon with for years to come. It's great for us to improve, what this stupid management fail to see is that they have to improve MORE than the other teams. Anyway, enough with me, good luck. Have fun. Take care to the few beloved Bruins fans I have on this board....

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Ya without Claude this team is garbage imo. His d system is hard to play against.

They got really lucky with Tatar and Domi stepping up and producing right away. Credit to Claudes coaching but watching this GM Owner operate with the media never really holding them truely accountable over the years seems like the real problem. How can you explain to your fans being 8.5 million under the cap and making Drouin your highest paid forward at 5 million? They left this bubble team out to dry while an expansion team in Columbus makes moves. Claude deserved better commitment from his FO who sat and watched their team run out of gas

Reactions: Whitesnake

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
They got really lucky with Tatar and Domi stepping up and producing right away. Credit to Claudes coaching but watching this GM Owner operate with the media never really holding them truely accountable over the years seems like the real problem. How can you explain to your fans being 8.5 million under the cap and making Drouin your highest paid forward at 5 million? They left this bubble team out to dry while an expansion team in Columbus makes moves. Claude deserved better commitment from his FO who sat and watched their team run out of gas

Game set and match. People are too harsh on Julien, I understand though coming from some of you....but he did great with what he had to work with.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Game set and match. People are too harsh on Julien, I understand though coming from some of you....but he did great with what he had to work with.
something I always appreciated about Julien was his ability to squeeze out the maximum results from players that I never thought could hold down a full time NHL gig

Boychuk, Quaider when they first pulled the spoked B jersey over their heads had me less than optimistic as two prime examples, then somehow got Savvy to buy into playing in all 3 zones, not that Savvy turned into a Selke candidate but he completely committed to playing harder in his own zone

Reactions: BMC and Whitesnake

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
You know its a Beautiful spring morning when you wake-up to the news that.....

The Canadiens were officially eliminated from playoff contention at 9:52 p.m on Friday 04/05/19

th

thumb.aspx

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Hey no problem man. I actually don't think, unfortunately for most Bruins fans....;-), that since we didn't expect anything, not having it....is not that big of a deal this year. I think that individually we had some awesome performances, Domi, Danault, Tatar...but this team is far from being a contender. And with Bergevin running the show, you guys don't have anything to worry about. Actually the worst thing is not not making the playofffs....the worst is that this is actually the worst spot to finish in.....not making the playoffs, and worst pick of them all though....if we can pick a McAvoy...that would be that bad would it?

Anyway, as I stated on our board, I known you guys are going to crush the Leafs and frankly, are going to beat TBay. Going to the Cup is a mix of talent and luck. You've got the talent....the luck part is the fact that probably the most important player of the lightning Hedman is not 100%. So you guys are gonig for the Cup this year. And might actually win it. A great mix of trades and picks....I can't envision what your team would have been liked if Barzal, Connor and Co would have been Bruins though....but even without them, you are a force to be reckon with for years to come. It's great for us to improve, what this stupid management fail to see is that they have to improve MORE than the other teams. Anyway, enough with me, good luck. Have fun. Take care to the few beloved Bruins fans I have on this board....

And this is why @Whitesnake is welcome here. *Stick tap* :hockey:

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Some small part of me wanted them to make it and grind Tampa to 7 games and win then we play them in the second round and sweep them.

But this will do as well. Ole ole.

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
Their coach led a team that gave me the greatest thrill of my life as a hockey fan and did an incredible job this year given that roster.

That said, I'll never shed a tear over it being 26 years and counting since they've been in a Cup Final (the B's longest stretch without playing in the Final was the 20 years between the 1990 and 2011 trips).

Reactions: rfournier103

aguineapig

Thirty one years ago this month we were liberated from the occupiers from the North. We had tried to free ourselves for years, thought 71 was the year but Dryden stoned us and we suffered once again. 78 on the ropes again but too many men and the ghosts of the Forum haunted once again.Spring of 88 and a second place finish behind the hated Habs and a game one drubbing in the house of horrors left us thinking not again. But a castoff from Calgary went into the nets and we stole a game.Moe Lemay wins Game 3 and Reggie shutout Game 4 and were up 3-1. But still waiting for shoe to drop in Game 5. Stevie and Stump combine for two and up 3-1. Cam blows by Svoboda in the 3rd roofs it 4-1. Camera shows Forum crowd in disbelief and that arrogant bastard Perron on the bench arms folded. Final minute Fred "the long drought has ended" and Reggie throws off helmet leaps in the air and 34 years of bondage ended! Thanks Reggie and Moe Lemay, two of the" Bravehearts" of Bruins lore wherever the hell you are!

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Thirty one years ago this month we were liberated from the occupiers from the North. We had tried to free ourselves for years, thought 71 was the year but Dryden stoned us and we suffered once again. 78 on the ropes again but too many men and the ghosts of the Forum haunted once again.Spring of 88 and a second place finish behind the hated Habs and a game one drubbing in the house of horrors left us thinking not again. But a castoff from Calgary went into the nets and we stole a game.Moe Lemay wins Game 3 and Reggie shutout Game 4 and were up 3-1. But still waiting for shoe to drop in Game 5. Stevie and Stump combine for two and up 3-1. Cam blows by Svoboda in the 3rd roofs it 4-1. Camera shows Forum crowd in disbelief and that arrogant bastard Perron on the bench arms folded. Final minute Fred "the long drought has ended" and Reggie throws off helmet leaps in the air and 34 years of bondage ended! Thanks Reggie and Moe Lemay, two of the" Bravehearts" of Bruins lore wherever the hell you are!
You need to stick around!

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
1. I love Clode.

2. I don’t think it’s good for the league to have storied franchises like Montreal and Chicago missing the playoffs, but the cap is doing a very effective job of creating parity.
The NHL may have the best competitive balance of any professional league.

3. It’s more fun as a Bruins fan when Montreal makes the tournament.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
1. I love Clode.

2. I don’t think it’s good for the league to have storied franchises like Montreal and Chicago missing the playoffs, but the cap is doing a very effective job of creating parity.
The NHL may have the best competitive balance of any professional league.

3. It’s more fun as a Bruins fan when Montreal makes the tournament.

I think I just came up with a new playoff format.

Just give the Original 6 an automatic spot in the tournament every year. ;)

Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad